Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Full Flash Sprint / Verizon Note 2 to Cricket: Talk, Text, MMS, Internet (Guide) WIP

This is a placeholder for an official Galaxy Note 2 tutorial.

If you've been waiting for this, please leave a comment below. It will motivate me to take a little time to ger done.

Thanks.

Download Drivers:

Mskip from XDA created this toolkit which has a lot of helpful items including drivers.

Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to Stock
    INTRODUCING THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE2 TOOLKIT

GSM (GT-N7100) and LTE (GT-N7105) SUPPORTED. THREAD:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1923956

SPRINT (SPH-L900) SUPPORTED. THREAD:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957155

TMOBILE (SGH-T889) SUPPORTED. THREAD:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957720

MOBILICITY, VIDEOTRON, WIND [SGH-T889V] SUPPORTED. NO THREAD YET. USE TMOBILE THREAD

AT&T (SGH-L317) SUPPORTED. THREAD:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2052779

BELL, ROGERS, SASKTEL, TELUS [SGH-I317M] SUPPORTED. NO THREAD YET. USE AT&T THREAD

VERIZON ([SCH-I605]) SUPPORTED. THREAD:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2052788

US CELLULAR (SCH-R950)SUPPORTED. NO THREAD YET. USE ANY
    KOREAN SK TELECOM [SHV-E250S] SUPPORTED. NO THREAD YET. USE ANY

NOTE: If you want your carrier added to the Toolkit then download and install, flash CWM Recovery and make a NAND Backup (changing the backup format to 'tar' first). Send me the boot.img file and I will root and add it.

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 02-21-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Wow great I just flashed my note 2 with the s3 guide but its great to have a dedicated tutorial for this amazing phone.
    Oh random question is it possible to zero out the spc on this phone as of rite now?

sent from my Cricket Note 2

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Since I don't think anyone zeroed out the Sprint GS3 version... I don't think anyone would have done the Note 2 either.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

I'd really like to see this get done! I'm currently selling my Sprint S3 with a bunch of batteries, cases, in original box with all original contents unopened for $450 to get the Note 2 for around $500-$550. I'm just wondering if I should get the Sprint or Verizon variant, I know I read a post by you Chris saying either one can be done, saying VZW will have to just change the R-UIM to NV-Only. Other than that my Sprint S3 worked perfectly on the Cricket Network. The only other reason I'm pondering the idea of the VZW version is that I'm wondering what the future of flashed phones will be with any unlocked VZW since Cricket is now going 4G utilizing the MicroSIM.

UPDATE: Sold my S3 for $450 last night to a guy who came 2 hours from Ohio to Pittsburgh to buy it. After 4 different Note 2 craiglist sales went terrible (because people in general are just retarded, e.g. $600 for a Note 2 that comes with absolutely nothing! NOT EVEN A CHARGER AND EVEN MISSING THE STYLUS, and he assures me he will get $600 for it, I just ended up telling him "Yeah, okay, good luck with that pal"). So I started looking last night at 12pm, and ended up bidding on a BRAND NEW Sprint Note 2 Titanium Gray which was at $511. I put max bid in at $540. Went to bed at 1am as the highest bidder, woke up at 9am still as the highest bidder. The auction ended at 10am and up until the last 10 seconds, the guy who last bid 10 hours ago before me placed a bid. With that being said, and clicking place new bid at $555 with 4 seconds left......

Full Flash Sprint / Verizon Note 2 to Cricket: Talk, Text, MMS, Internet (Guide) WIP-untitled.jpg
    Last edited by RLockwich; 02-23-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Just fully flashed it using the S3 tutorial. Working perfect!

Customer Since
    april2008

Im a rookie at this flashing phones thing. Can a At&t note 2 be flashed to cricket or is it only Verizon and Sprint? Will my MMS work? I know when I got my S2 flashed from Sprint to Cricket MMS did not work. The first question I asked also applies to the S3. Will Cricket sell you a SIM and will 4g work?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

ATT is GSM. Cricket is not. So it won't work. As far as I know the SIM will only work in the device it was programmed to.

If you stick it in another device you get an error.

MMS depends on what methods you use to address that issue.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

ATT is GSM. Cricket is not. So it won't work. As far as I know the SIM will only work in the device it was programmed to.

If you stick it in another device you get an error.

MMS depends on what methods you use to address that issue.

It is possible to zero out the spc on the sprint galaxy note 2. I just did it on mine with no problem at all.

^^Could you post how or what program you used to accomplish this

sent from my Cricket Note 2

You will have to downgrade your galaxy note 2 to 4.1.1 the reason why is sprint has locked the security password down. Once downgraded to 4.1.1 you can zero out the spc

Overall activity: 4.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by wardmartese View Post
    You will have to downgrade your galaxy note 2 to 4.1.1 the reason why is sprint has locked the security password down. Once downgraded to 4.1.1 you can zero out the spc
    Just the modem.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 42.0%

I'm having a problem with my Internet going in 1x mode than 3g all the time, is there a way to make the 3g stick without screwing things up

Sent From Galaxy Super Note 2

Overall activity: 4.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by mrwright84 View Post
    I'm having a problem with my Internet going in 1x mode than 3g all the time, is there a way to make the 3g stick without screwing things up

Sent From Galaxy Super Note 2
    It the prl need to find what prl is best for area. Good luck searching.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Any luck on the 16 Digit Passcode for the Verizon Note II?

Overall activity: 2.0%

Hopefully someone will be able to reply to the issues that I am having Ok so here's the story. My carrier has been Simple Mobile, which is on GSM network and takes SIM cards. I bought a Verizon Note II last week for $400 off of a guy on Craigslist. It had been unlocked and rooted. The phone worked flawlessly. I drove 7 miles to my a phone repair place to buy some cables for my new phone. I had the phone sitting on the counter while I asked the phone repair guy about my APN settings in my new Note II. He picked up my new phone and starting entering stuff in it and before I knew it I lost everything. No service at all whats so ever. They washed their hands of it and said that they were not liable. I live in Tulsa, OK and everyone here is still stuck on Iphones and literally knows nothing of Android phones. I have offered to pay a couple of hundreds dollars to the first person that fixes my phone as motivation in hopes someone could find a fix. Needless to say that has not worked so I now find myself looking into other options..SOOOOO.... (sorry font wont change back to normal) So with explaining everything up to now...What if I dropped GSM service completely...switched from Simple Mobile (GSM) to Cricket (CDMA) if maybe just maybe this will bypass the problems that I am having?!?!?!? Please any thoughts, Ideas, would be helpful...Thank you a million times over

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information