List of CDMA2000 networks
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A list of CDMA2000 networks worldwide.
- CATEL is the first CDMA2000 1x WLL 800 MHz operator in Azerbaijan and also provides fixed wireless phone service, live since 2003. Aztrank
- (Aztrank LLC) also provides CDMA2000 1x WLL 450 MHz service since March 2003. CMDA2000 1x EV-DO is planned to be launched in near future.
- Pacific Telecom's Citycell is the only CDMA2000 1x RTT provider among mobile phone operators. Fixed wireless phone operators (NationalPhone, Rankstel, DhakaPhone,OneTel Communications Ltd.,Jalalabad Telecom Ltd(Bijoy Phone)) also provide CDMA2000 1x RTT.
- BelCel provides CDMA2000 1x and EV-DO in the 450 MHz band (for phones and modems).
- Vivo provides a CDMA2000 1xRTT and EV-DO network that is being phased out for an EDGE and HSPA network for data access.
- Embratel also provides a CDMA2000 1xRTT-based network for WLL and an EVDO network for broadband access.
- Most providers are also using 1x including Aliant, Bell Mobility, Manitoba Telecom Services, NMI Mobility, NorthernTel, SaskTel, Solo Mobile, TBayTel, Télébec Mobilité, TELUS Mobility and Virgin Mobile Canada. Bell and Telus, the largest CDMA carriers, have currently overlaid their EVDO networks with HSPA and have committed to switching to GSM. The smaller networks are currently working towards overlaying their networks with HSPA, and the new entrants have committed to HSPA also.
- China Telecom took over the CDMA2000 network from China Unicom during the 2008 telecom industry reform. They operate their 3G networks in the 800 MHz and 2100 MHz bands, respectively.
- Telefónica O2 Czech Republic, formerly Eurotel (the world's first CDMA EV-DO in 450 MHz launched in August 2004), succeeded by UMTS, and Mobilkom a.s. alias U:fon(430 MHz launched in May 2007) providing CDMA2000 1x RTT for voice service and CDMA2000 EV-DO rev. A for data service.
- Nordisk Mobiltelefon operates CDMA2000 network in the 450 MHz band. Modems will work in Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Poland and Ireland.
- Claro-Codetel operates CDMA2000 in 1900 MHz band, Viva (Trilogy Int) operates 1x and EvDO Rev. 0 in 1900 MHz band, and Tricom operates CDMA 1x in 1800 MHz band.
- Telecsa S.A Alegro PCS CDMA 1X - CDMA 1X EVDO network operating in 1900 MHz.
- Movistar CDMA 1X network operating in 850 MHz.
- CDMA2000 1x network operating in 450 MHz spectrum is available since July 2007 by Eesti Energia subsidiary Televőrgu AS by name Kőu, covering all of country territory.
- CDMA2000, operated by Ethiopian Telecommunication Corporation.
- CDMA20001x network, 450, 800 MHz, since 2005 from Gamtel, named Jamano, equipment from Huawei. EV-DO planned.
- Silknet CDMA 2000 1X EVDO Rev. A network operating in 800 MHz.
- Magticom CDMA2000 1X EVDO Rev. 0 network operating in 450 MHz.
- NetCologne operates a CDMA2000 network in the 450 MHz band in the Cologne city area. The network is only used for data services, and not for telephony.
- CDMA2000 1x network operating in 800 MHz spectrum is available since October 2005 by Kasapa subsidiary Hutchinson Telecom, covering most of the country's 10 regions.
- CDMA2000 1x network in 1900 MHz is available since 2005 by HaiTel
- CDMA2000 1xEVDO operated by PCCW Mobile since 2008.View source for List of CDMA2000 networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .
- Nordisk Mobiltelefon will soon launch a CDMA2000 network in the 450 MHz band in Iceland. Modems will work in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland and Ireland.
- Reliance Communications, Tata Teleservices and MTS India are major wireless services providers on CDMA2000 EV-DO. Govt-owned BSNL is also offering EVDO services, though voice services comes with CDMA2000-1X only. MTS India was the world's first mobile operator to deploy EVDO Rev B phase II network in Jaipur. EVDO Rev B Phase II network of MTS India is capable to offer up to 9.8 Mbit/s (2 x 4.9Mbit/s) downlink using two carriers of 1.25 MHz spectrum. Soon Tata Tele also rolled out EVDO Rev B phase I network to deliver 6.2 Mbit/s (2 x 3.1Mbit/s) of peak downlink using two carriers of 1.25 MHz spectrum. Both operators' EVDO Rev B services are limited to dongle based services and branded as MTS MBlaze Ultra and Tata Docomo Photon Max.
- Smartfren is a brand formed in 2011 by two mobile operators, Mobile-8 Telecom and Smart Telecom. Mobile-8 Telecom with its brands Fren (telephony service) and mobi (data service) was the first Indonesian major wireless operator with CDMA2000 1x 800 MHz (later expanded to EVDO Rev. A, and currently upgrading to Rev. B), who has introduced the first Mobile TV in the market. Smart Telecom, on the other hand, has launched CDMA2000 1x 1900 MHz product called SMART in 2007. In November 2008, Smart officially launched the first EVDO Rev.A in the region. Second to Mobile-8 Telecom was Sampoerna Telecom with its brand Ceria, which operates CDMA2000 1x at 450 MHz band. Indosat, besides its main GSM/UMTS business, runs 1x 800 MHz service under the brand StarOne. Other major CDMA2000 providers running 800 MHz networks with fixed wireless access license are Bakrie Telkom with its brands esia (1x telephony service) and AHA (EVDO Rev.A), and Telkom with its brand TelkomFlexi (1x).
- Pelephone operates a CDMA2000/EV-DO network, however, in early 2009 the company launched its new UMTS network, and stopped selling devices that use the CDMA system, although it is expected to continue supporting its CDMA/EV-DO network for the foreseeable future.
- Claro (formerly Miphone) [www.claro.com.jm] Claro operates a CDMA2000 network with 1x technology. This network however has been sidelined by the recent roll-out of their 3G UMTS HSDPA network.
- On April 1, 2002, au (by KDDI) launched CDMA 1X brand using CDMA2000 1x technology. On November 28, 2003, au launched EV-DO service in the CDMA 1X WIN brand. au currently providing an EV-DO Rev. A network, the first carrier to do so.
- In 2004 Altel introduced third generation network labeling it as Pathword, operated under CDMA2000 1x technology.
- "Winline" introduced CDMA2000 in 2000 labeling it as Sapatcom. There are more than 25,000 clients as of 2009. Both voice (mobile) and PDSN internet are provided.
- CDMA2000 1x and EV-DO Rev. A is available in Kenya through Telcom Kenya. Also CDMA2000 1x is available in Nairobi through Flashcom LTD, and E.M. Communications Ltd., which is branded as "popote" in Kenya.
- Triatel offers mobile and fixed telephony and data services using CDMA2000 at 450 MHz.
- bidded by China Unicom since 2006 and started operation since 2007. Business took over by China Telecom in 2008.
- CDMA2000 1x and EV-DO is available in Malawi since 2008 through Access Communications Ltd the second national operator in the 800 MHz band.
- Telma (Telecom Malagasy) operates CDMA2000 network in the 450 MHz band. The network called "Telma fixe" is available since 2005 and offers fixed telephony and data services.
- Unite offers both mobile and fixed telephony and data services using CDMA2000 in the 450 MHz band since March 2007.
- Wana was the first operator offering CDMA2000 service. Maroc Telecom and Méditel followed short time later.
- Nepal Telecom is providing the service using CDMA2000 and United Telecom Limited is providing service to customers using IS-95 standard.
- Although Telecom's primary network is UMTS (3G GSM), they are still supporting a legacy CDMA2000 network until 2012.
- Starcomms, Zoom Mobile, Multilinks Telkom
- Ice.net, launched by Nordisk Mobiltelefon, provides CDMA2000 in the 450 MHz band (for modems). Modems will work in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Iceland and Ireland.
- Since 2002 Sferia provides fixed and mobile telephones in Warsaw using a CDMA2000 radio network in the 870 MHz band. Nordisk Polska launched at the beginning of 2008 CDMA2000 network in the 410–430 MHz band in Poland. Now (2009) the coverage is about 42% of country and they are able to provide a full set of services: voice, EVDO, PTT and SMS services. Also the national telephone and Internet service provider, Telekomunikacja Polska S.A. is about to launch a CDMA2000-based Internet access service in the 450 MHz band.
- Zapp Mobile provides CDMA2000 in the 450 MHz band (for modems).
- Zapp Mobile provides CDMA2000 in the 450 MHz band (for phones and modems); Romtelecom provides CDMA2000 in the 420 MHz band.
- Skylink is CDMA2000 1x and EV-DO operator in many regions, including Moscow Oblast, Leningrad Oblast and others.
- BWC is CDMA2000 1x and EV-DO operator in Irkutsk Oblast.
- ETK is CDMA2000 1x and EV-DO operator in Krasnoyarsk Krai. Sotel-CCB is cdma2000 1x and EV-DO operator in republic of Bashkortostan.
- The first alternative fixed phone operator Orion Telekom  launched a CDMA2000 EV-DO network in 2009 to provide fixed VoIP and nomadic Internet services.
- Sierratel  provides a CDMA2000 1xRTT EV-DO network that is being deployed for high-speed mobile data access and WLL to be commission.
- Neotel has been awarded a licence to operate in the 800 MHz band by ICASA and launched CDMA2000 services in 2008.
- LG Telecom is the only company in South Korea that adopted CDMA2000 as their 3G network.
- CDMA technology was introduced in 2005 and currently there are five CDMA2000 operators. Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) moved to CDMA2000 service supplier and has ZTE EVDO Rev. 0 network and all island covered 1x data service. Suntel www.suntel.lk and Lanka Bell www.lankabell.com are using 800 MHz range. Both operators have islandwide 1x data service and these days trying to enter EVDO rev0 data market. DBN and Tritel are expecting to enter the Sri Lanka CDMA2000 market in June 2007 on 450 MHz. Among the five operators, Lanka Bell has the largest CDMA2000 market share.
- Telesur provides a CDMA2000 1xRTT EV-DO network that is being deployed for high speed mobile data access and WLL.
- Ice.net, launched by Nordisk Mobiltelefon, provides CDMA2000 in the 450 MHz band for data modems. The modems can be used on the same network in Norway and Denmark. And later also on Ireland, Iceland and in Poland.
- Zantel provides CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rel. 0 in the 800 MHz band, Tanzania Telecommunications Company Ltd. uses CDMA2000 1x in the 450 MHz band and Sasatel launched a new CDMA2000 EV-DO 800 MHz band network June 2009, concentrating its service in the Dar es Salaam area.
- Asia Pacific Telecom Group (APTG) provides CDMA2000 in the 800 MHz band
- Hutch provides CDMA2000-1xRTT service and is in process of deploying EV-DO Rev.A in 25 provinces after take over by CAT. CAT Telecom is already providing an EV-DO Rev A network in 51 provinces of Thailand. The government already decided to take over Hutchison and make Hutchison employee as a key employee to develop new merger company and Hutchison have to upgrade most of CDMA2000 1X network in 25 provinces to be CDMA EV-DO Rev. A before transfer network to CAT. The agreement to acquire between CAT and Hutchison will be shortly not late than 3Q of 2010. After upgrade 25 provinces network from Hutchison, CAT will be the first 3G Nationwide Network.
Trinidad and Tobago
- TSTT provides CDMA2000 1x EVDO for data service only and is branded as TSTT wireless broadband. Their voice and low-speed data network is GSM/EDGE and separate from the EVDO network.
- PEOPLEnet is the provider 800 MHz CDMA2000 1x and EV-DO Rev A since 2007.
- MTS 450 MHz Rev A (only data, no telephony),
- Intertelecom (IT) 800 MHz CDMA2000 1x, EV-DO Rev A and partly EV-DO Rev B,
- СDMA UA 800 MHz CDMA2000 1x, EV-DO Rev A.
- Alaska Communications Systems
- Claro Wireless (formerly Verizon Wireless in Puerto Rico)
- Cricket Communications (Leap Wireless)
- C Spire Wireless
- Exit Mobile (Verizon Wireless)
- Sprint Nextel
- U.S. Cellular
- Verizon Wireless
- Virgin Mobile (Sprint Nextel)
- Voitel Mobile (Verizon Wireless)
- Movilnet and movistar are the country's wireless services providers on CDMA2000 1x and CDMA EV-DO, with nationwide coverage (both in 800 MHz).
- Yemen Mobile supports CDMA2000/1x all over Yemen and CDMA EV-DO in 2 main cities only .