Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



  • Bad ESN Cricket Galaxy S3 on eBay


    So anyone want to guess what might be wrong with this phone? Unpaid account or reported stolen?

    They are in Michigan, and I don't think they have normal retail stores there. If it was just on an unpaid account, how long does it take those to fall off normally? 90 days?

    Is the gamble worth the money saved. I'm not purchasing it personally. Just gathering the opinions of the community.

    LINK:

    Samsung Galaxy s III SCH R530C 16GB Marble White Cricket Bad ESN | eBay


    This article was originally published in forum thread: Bad ESN Cricket Galaxy S3 on eBay started by chrisngrod View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
    1. dcshoesk8r182's Avatar
      dcshoesk8r182 -
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post

      So anyone want to guess what might be wrong with this phone? Unpaid account or reported stolen?

      They are in Michigan, and I don't think they have normal retail stores there. If it was just on an unpaid account, how long does it take those to fall off normally? 90 days?

      Is the gamble worth the money saved. I'm not purchasing it personally. Just gathering the opinions of the community.

      LINK:

      Samsung Galaxy s III SCH R530C 16GB Marble White Cricket Bad ESN | eBay

      because it's the cricket model it would have to be a stolen phone or reported stolen phone because you pay to go for your phone on cricket
    1. Stephen Proffitt's Avatar
      Stephen Proffitt -
      I think the account would have to be paid to clean the ESN up. If it was stolen, then Assurion(or however the devil they spell it) will NEVER whitelist the phone ever again.

      I did however send the seller a message asking. If he says he doesn't know, I'll tell him to call Cricket and find out


      Quote Originally Posted by dcshoesk8r182 View Post
      because it's the cricket model it would have to be a stolen phone or reported stolen phone because you pay to go for your phone on cricket
      Incorrect. If you just stop paying your account, it's not the same as cancelling. You are still billed for the upcoming month. If you don't pay your account, they mark the ESNs for the account as bad until it's paid.
    1. captainkirks's Avatar
      captainkirks -
      its worth it just for the lcd
    1. cricKetPimp's Avatar
      cricKetPimp -
      I takes 60 days for the phone to get out of the account. After that time has passed you can re activate. If you have the esn i can tell you if there has been a claim on it or if its locked in the virtual warehouse (lost/stolen).
    1. cafox's Avatar
      cafox -
      A premier w/ service Cricket dealer can clean an unpaid esn immediately... the only other issue is if it's insurance claim phone, then forget it.

      ---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

      A premier w/ service Cricket dealer can clean an unpaid esn immediately... the only other issue is if it's insurance claim phone, then forget it.
    1. Stephen Proffitt's Avatar
      Stephen Proffitt -
      Seller responded. Previous owner didn't pay the bill

      Tapatalk'd from my 1.4GHz CM10 Thrive 10.1
    1. wthigon's Avatar
      wthigon -
      If purchased, will I be able to use it eventually?

      Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    1. Stephen Proffitt's Avatar
      Stephen Proffitt -
      As cafox said a dealer with premier service should be able to fix it

      Sent from my 1.89GHz CM10.1 Cricket S3
    1. wthigon's Avatar
      wthigon -
      Nevermind, looks like the auction ran its course and no one bought it.
    1. Stephen Proffitt's Avatar
      Stephen Proffitt -
      Quote Originally Posted by wthigon View Post
      Nevermind, looks like the auction ran its course and no one bought it.
      Lol why buy a Cricket phone with a bad ESN when you want to flash one to Cricket? Those ate my thoughts when looking at phones If I can get enough money up I may buy a Cricket S3 with a bad ESN for development

      Sent from my 1.89GHz CM10.1 Cricket S3
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner