Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



  • [VIDEO] Verizon HTC Droid DNA Unboxing (CDMA/LTE/Quad Band GSM/Unlocked)

    This phone has great specifications and is unlocked. Putting it on Cricket doesn't look to be too difficult as I already was able to get the "Welcome to Cricket" message.



    This article was originally published in forum thread: [VIDEO] Verizon HTC Droid DNA Unboxing (CDMA/LTE/Quad Band GSM/Unlocked) started by chrisngrod View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
    1. tclemens's Avatar
      tclemens -
      Im so jealous right now i gotta get one of those
    1. Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
      Chris Rodriguez -
      Verified... Works on Cricket as well.
    1. jamiechasser's Avatar
      jamiechasser -
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
      Verified... Works on Cricket as well.
      I just picked up the dna yesterday with the hopes of having it flashed to cricket. So as soon as you figure it out please let us know. Also will it be able to get 4G with it being flashed to cricket, when cricket launches it?
    1. Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
      Chris Rodriguez -
      Quote Originally Posted by jamiechasser View Post
      I just picked up the dna yesterday with the hopes of having it flashed to cricket. So as soon as you figure it out please let us know. Also will it be able to get 4G with it being flashed to cricket, when cricket launches it?
      I did figure it out. Not too hard. I'll post a tutorial hopefully this weekend.

      It doesn't support the LTE band Cricket uses and the Cricket SIM card refuses to play nice with non Cricket phones in general.

      AWS carriers are using that spectrum for LTE as well I believe. So Metro and Tmobile. US Cellular too maybe since the Cricket S3 has the same model number.
    1. Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
      Chris Rodriguez -
      Random Speed Test from Verizon LTE.



      Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    1. jamiechasser's Avatar
      jamiechasser -
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
      I did figure it out. Not too hard. I'll post a tutorial hopefully this weekend.

      It doesn't support the LTE band Cricket uses and the Cricket SIM card refuses to play nice with non Cricket phones in general.

      AWS carriers are using that spectrum for LTE as well I believe. So Metro and Tmobile. US Cellular too maybe since the Cricket S3 has the same model number.
      So what in your opinion is the best phone available to have on cricket? Dna,s3 or something else? I just want whats gonna perform the best on crickets network.
    1. Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
      Chris Rodriguez -
      If you have 4G available in your area, I'd get the S3. You have to keep in mind though that Cricket's version of the S3 might not get all the cool dev support the other ones do.

      Hopefully some people will port the ROMs over though.
    1. Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
      Chris Rodriguez -
      Found another reason to like the DNA. The built in inductive charging works through a slim case even.

      Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    1. jamiechasser's Avatar
      jamiechasser -
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
      Found another reason to like the DNA. The built in inductive charging works through a slim case even.

      Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
      4G isnt available in my area through cricket yet, i think it well be here in january. I really like the dna and the s3
      Just confused which to go with. Will the dna do well on cricket, or would you still go with the s3?
    1. Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
      Chris Rodriguez -
      The DNA will do well 3G wise. It isn't a cheap phone though. It's already generating a little buzz because of its ability to support other GSM carriers and that it is unlocked straight out of the box.

      If 4G is definitely coming to your area, I'd probably hold out a little. I purchased a Cricket S3 last night to do an unboxing, Speed Test, and hopefully root the device. It'll be posted by the end of today.
    1. jamiechasser's Avatar
      jamiechasser -
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
      The DNA will do well 3G wise. It isn't a cheap phone though. It's already generating a little buzz because of its ability to support other GSM carriers and that it is unlocked straight out of the box.

      If 4G is definitely coming to your area, I'd probably hold out a little. I purchased a Cricket S3 last night to do an unboxing, Speed Test, and hopefully root the device. It'll be posted by the end of today.
      I actually already got the dna, picked it up on the launch day. I might go with the s3 eventually, but im gonna wait until you post the flash method for the dna and see how i like it on cricket. Thanks for all your help!
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner