Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



  • Would you change Cricket's data plans?

    Please chime in about your current thoughts regarding Cricket's Fair Use Policy (Cricket® Fair Use Policy | Cricket Wireless).

    Everyone will probably be affected by this in one way or the other. It does include broadband and cell phone users.

    Realize that data usage costs cell phone providers a lot. Data over cellular networks is much different than DSL and cable for example. The resources required to carry this out are much more expensive than traditional broadband.

    If you have a possible solution that will keep customers happy and allow Cricket to continue operating as a low cost carrier, please share it with us.

    Other carriers have gone from unlimited to 5gb, some back to unlimited, but it seems that everyone is ready to crack down on usage again.


    This article was originally published in forum thread: Would you change Cricket's data plans? started by chrisngrod View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
    1. matrix1982's Avatar
      matrix1982 -
      I think that it should be 2GB to start out instead of 1GB. for people who want more usage you should offer add-ons to the usage for a fee, so everyone can get more usage. Offer add-ons from 2GB, 5GB, and 10GB.
    1. avenue's Avatar
      avenue -
      Quote Originally Posted by matrix1982 View Post
      I think that it should be 2GB to start out instead of 1GB. for people who want more usage you should offer add-ons to the usage for a fee, so everyone can get more usage. Offer add-ons from 2GB, 5GB, and 10GB.
      Do you think the data should stop working after the 2 GB, or do you think it should just slow down? How much do you think Cricket should charge for each additional GB?
    1. H3L1X's Avatar
      H3L1X -
      Quote Originally Posted by matrix1982 View Post
      I think that it should be 2GB to start out instead of 1GB. for people who want more usage you should offer add-ons to the usage for a fee, so everyone can get more usage. Offer add-ons from 2GB, 5GB, and 10GB.
      I agree due to the fact that I use my Ascend as my PC internet connection at the moment. Just Paid my bill on the 19th and I'm already CAPPED.

      Guess they didnt like the fact that I downloaded a .ISO yesterday [1GB].

      I would be willing to pay a SMALL FEE for extra data usage.
    1. hpservertech's Avatar
      hpservertech -
      From what I remember when I signed up their fair use stated something along the lines of a certain amount of bandwidth a month and if it went over it would then get moved over to a slower connection/throttled. For phones I can understand a cap, or throttling. For broadband cards though, I dont believe they sould be throttled or limited. After all, it is being sold as an Internet connection/broadband pipe for those that dont want dsl or cable modem. I tether with my phone ocassionally....more like rarely, so my bandwidth is limited to email, gps, casual internet, etc. It isn't often that I am not near some kind of broadband connection or wifi, even when i travel.
    1. avenue's Avatar
      avenue -
      Quote Originally Posted by H3L1X View Post
      I agree due to the fact that I use my Ascend as my PC internet connection at the moment. Just Paid my bill on the 19th and I'm already CAPPED.

      Guess they didnt like the fact that I downloaded a .ISO yesterday [1GB].

      I would be willing to pay a SMALL FEE for extra data usage.
      You said a "small fee". What do you think that fee should be?
    1. Screamer4's Avatar
      Screamer4 -
      I usually hit just under 1GB so I'm fine with how it is. If they offered 4G service in my area I would hope for at least 5GB, then I could dump my crappy cable modem and tether my internets.
    1. avenue's Avatar
      avenue -
      Quote Originally Posted by Screamer4 View Post
      I usually hit just under 1GB so I'm fine with how it is. If they offered 4G service in my area I would hope for at least 5GB, then I could dump my crappy cable modem and tether my internets.
      How much would you pay for just 4G Internet on your phone (in addition to regular phone service, of course)? Then, how much would you pay for a 4G modem that would be just for Internet for your home?

      I think I'd pay $5/month more for 4G on my phone, and maybe $25/month for 4G Internet at home.
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner