If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
06-22-2011, 09:34 AM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2010
- Customer Since
- Sept 2010
- Houston, TX
- One / Note 2
USB Tethering and Mobile Hotspot (Wireless Tether) for Cricket Samsung Indulge
USB tethering can be done without rooting your phone. You can use an application called PDANet. You can find that in the Market. After you install it on your phone, you also need to install it on the computer. To do this, click on the following link:
After you're done downloading that and downloading the PDANet application from the Market, open the application. Click on "Enable USB Tether". After that, plug your phone into the computer. You should see a pop-up on the right hand corner of your screen. You can click on that to connect. If you don't see that, look for the PDANet icon, and right click. Then click on "Connect Internet".
There you go! You're now tethering via USB!
Here's how you tether your Cricket Samsung Indulge Galaxy phone to another device by using a Mobile Hotspot.
- Root your device: One Click Root for the Cricket Samsung Galaxy Indulge
- Download wifi tether:
Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting
. Note that we used version 2.0.7. We didn't have any luck with the newer experimental builds.
- Install the APK. Make sure installation from unknown sources is enabled on your device.
- Run Wifi tether. By default the SSID will be AndroidTether, and it will be unsecure. It will ask for superuser permissions. Grant them.
- Connect a device to the network for testing.
- When complete, turn off Wifi Tether and grant it superuser permission so that it can do so. You will never be asked for permissions again as long as you don't modify them inside the superuser permission app.
Last edited by chrisngrod; 06-22-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By CU-News in forum Cricket NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-21-2011, 02:11 PM
By CU-News in forum Android NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-16-2011, 07:16 PM
By CU-News in forum Android NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Tags for this Thread
Advertise With Us?