Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%

THen I put the scor3d rom on the sdcard and installed from zip and it said successful and I've rebooted the phone.

R

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Supporting Member
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Stoniztex500 does not install :(

I have tried many of the ROMS that have been posted on this website and have much experience in getting my phone rooted and flashed the way I want it and will write a totally seperate message on a more appropriate section of this message board. And I wanted to be the nice guy I am and send Stoni a message to him personally letting him know that Clockwork doesn't like his ROM that I downloaded and tried several times to install. However, I found in the process that Stoni has personal messages turned off. LMAO So, Stoni it would be awesome if you could get back to me and either let me know when you get your ROM, which sounds totally awesome , to where it can be installed or tell me your secret for getting it flashed on my Score I do wish to thank everyone for their great group effort here in helping each other out and I want to become a supporting (yes $$$$) member here as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jwinchester1 View Post
    To ease in locating/downloading the necessary files required for Rooting, flashing & customizing Cricket's 'underdog' the ZTE x500 - Links are provided for my own 'Gain Root' archive, the CWM Recovery image (required before custom ROMs can be installed), x500 STOCK Recovery image, and of course, custom ROMs currently available for the Score!

--- Gain Root ---

GainRoot x500 (Includes SuperUser 3.0.7 -signed-, ZTE USB Driver, & Zerg's Root OneClick):
    Download GainRoot x500

--- x500 Recovery ---

x500 Stock Recovery Image:
    Download STOCK x500 recovery img

x500 CWM Recovery:
    Download x500 CWM recovery img

--- CUSTOM ROMs ---

Sc0r3d by PlayfulGod:
    Download ZTE Sc0r3d signed zip x500 CWM recovery img STOCK

eXile Kitchen by quandryron:
    Download eXile Kitchen ROM

(
    Alternate Link

)

NEW!! --- Themes ---

DarkUpdate by stark74:
    Download DarkUpdate Custom Theme

ScoredBlackICE by stark74:
    Download ScoredBlackICE Custom Theme

JW

Thanks JW

Mirror added (direct download from CricketUsers)

ZTE x500 Sc0r3d: Download ZTE Sc0r3d signed zip x500 CWM recovery img STOCK

ZTE x500 Stock Recovery Image: Download STOCK x500 recovery img

ZTE x500 CWM Recovery: Download x500 CWM recovery img

Thanks for making this easy to find. I finally installed the exile kitchen ROM. I did not realize how _long_ the first boot would take. I thought it was messed up, and shut down twice. Then I connected USB and watched logcat. Worked out well in the end. Thanks to you and the developer (?).

Brian.

Overall activity: 83.0%

does anyone have the stuff for the Gain root x500 link? Its no longer there. :/

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...e-testing.html

try this. will root and install custom recovery

Customer Since
    July 2011

Ok after reviewing this thread, i have a similair problem. I have a zte x500 and it WAS rooted. Then something got deleted or misplaced, and i couldnt open google apps. I tried everything, nothin....so i factory reset. After re-booting, found out nothing changed. Im not experienced in this field. I know that when i try to store a number i get "android.process.acore has stopped working", then force close. App store and gmail, instantly force close when i start them. Ive researched how to find a solution and i tried using sc0r3d's recovery rom .zip. I downloaded it, and save it to my sd. I rebooted into recovery and tried install from the zip. Everything all goes good until it says: "signature fail" then it fails and when i reboot, nothing happens. I dont know what to do, and apparently i cant follow these steps well. I dont know how or when to flash, i just dont know what to do!!!

I dont wanna sound like a retard, i can follow directions, only when they make sense to me...I had the phone rooted by a friend that used Zerg or somethin, then i had a program called Root explorer, that i think somethin got messed up on the sd or something that caused this. --- I cannot add an account, open market, open gmail, or even add contacts. If someone can give me a legit step by step in ENGLISH, i would be super graceful.

P.s.
    when i try to update phone, it says : FS is non-updatable... if this means anything...

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Re: ZTE x500 ROM/Recovery Image Links (Gettem while they're HOT!)

If rooted download rom manager from google play and flash the custom recovery for this phone.

If not rooted I recommend using the easy root (no pc required) thread I posted here
    Easy root (No computer needed) for Cricket Score (X500)

Otherwise you can't install any custom or stock roms.

But please read the news and warning thread I posted as well before preceding it's posted here
    News and warning for cricket score must read

Hope this helps

EDIT: I really do wonder sometimes why this thread is stickied when half the links don't work and the other half is severely outdated and not supported but I guess confusion can be fun sometimes lol

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by stedman420; 01-09-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Customer Since
    July 2011

Yea see, if u root your phone, is it always forever rooted. Because, i followd the non rooted way and tried to dl superuser, but i cant access google play through app, i can with browser, but it wont dl because it shows its installed already. I downloaded poot and the other one, did the walkthrough up to the super user. Um, so i think my phone is still rooted, so should i delete both these programs and try the rooted way, with rom manager and flashing. ???

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Re: ZTE x500 ROM/Recovery Image Links (Gettem while they're HOT!)

The thing is you can't install any roms without root and custom recovery. So my advice would be to download rom manager and flash CWM Recovery via rom manager. Then as soon as that recovery is on your phone reboot to recovery and MAKE A BACKUP it's rule number one for a rooted phone. After that you can wipe data/factory reset then install zip from sdcard to select a rom to install.

However I'm not sure how well poot works if you install superuser before using it so if rom manager says your not rooted then uninstall superuser, poot, and ministro. Then reboot your phone(power off power on) and follow each step in order on my poot post.

Also once poot has done it's job yes you can remove it and ministro you don't have to keep them. There just there to push the su binary file to your phone.

Oh and if you can't seem to download rom manager or superuser from play store let me know and I can send ya a link from my dropbox for them.

And if you need anymore help don't be afraid to ask I'll definitely make sure you get through the steps

Also make sure to check your phone info in settings to make sure your not on the latest version of the kernel or baseband as this can cause issues lol hence my news and warning post

Hope this helps

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by stedman420; 01-09-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information