Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Nexus S 4G

Actually I was asking dblkspecial, since the particular instructions I read while trying to flash recovery neglected the part about getting flash_image on my SD card. I was in terminal emulator trying to flash recovery not knowing that it wasn't a native function and needed to be installed.

Instead of "denied", my error read "flash image not found." or "flash_image not found" ... can't remember..

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score

Hey Trick, when you tried out the ExileMod, did you use the old version or the new one?

Phone
    Nexus S 4G

I'm not sure what you mean. I only know about one version, in this thread. There is the rom, and then the theme update which, I'm no dev but I think is only something like an add-on to the rom (tweaking the style and look-font, colors, windows animations) that I used a different command option in recovery to install (install update from .zip or something like that) , then later used recovery to go back to my back up of the rom I made cuz I liked it better. I did not try, and assumed it was impossible, to install the update as a whole rom.

Unless it got posted somewhere else and I didn't see it, or the one I am using is actually the new version and I completely missed the old, or unless the update is the "new version" and I'm wrong about it not being a whole rom, I think there is only the one, which I am still using.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Quote Originally Posted by Trick View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. I only know about one version, in this thread. There is the rom, and then the theme update which, I'm no dev but I think is only something like an add-on to the rom (tweaking the style and look-font, colors, windows animations) that I used a different command option in recovery to install (install update from .zip or something like that) , then later used recovery to go back to my back up of the rom I made cuz I liked it better. I did not try, and assumed it was impossible, to install the update as a whole rom.

Unless it got posted somewhere else and I didn't see it, or the one I am using is actually the new version and I completely missed the old, or unless the update is the "new version" and I'm wrong about it not being a whole rom, I think there is only the one, which I am still using.
    There was the old, but jpjavan updated it, erased the old and uploaded the new.

Phone
    Nexus S 4G

Really? ha. I am using whichever one he had up and I installed around 3/29. It looks like he last edited that comment with the download files on the 27th, so I'm gonna say I'm using the new version?

Phone
    ZTE Score

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Why does everyone use flash_image? Theres an easier way.

If someone wouldplease be so kind as to send me the files necessary to fix my score to my email ,it would be grately appreciated. Im having a hard time downloading them cos i live in the boondocks but my girlfriend and i have the same phone and she wants me off of hers asap, i don't have a cpu, used a labtop that's now in pawn,it is rooted, the only option i have now is to install updates from the sd card, so plz emailasap with an attachment. Thanks, mbrigg068@gmail.com

Can anyone try and walk me through getting CWM installed on my ZTE Score? I do try to search around for solutions before I come asking on the message boards as a last resort. I have tried 2 or 3 different sets of instructions but I'm having no luck. When I try to boot into recovery, it just freezes on the ZTE screen. I've rooted it and everything seems to work fine otherwise, I just don't want to be stuck with a paperweight with no recovery accessible on the phone.

Thank you in advance.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reap3r119 View Post
    Why does everyone use flash_image? Theres an easier way.
    Could you describe the alternative method? I tried installing CWM recovery using the instructions you had a few pages back, as well as similar instructions I've come across elsewhere. My phone just gets frozen at the ZTE screen when rebooting to recovery.

Thanks in advance

Phone
    Nexus S 4G

I did it this way: Downloaded the flash_image and recovery.img onto my computer using the links in the OP this thread, or wheverever the working links ended up.

I unzipped the flash_image, but not the recovery.img. Placed both on the SD card by pluggin into computer USB and turning on USB storage, then just dragging and dropping on the SD card. Not in any folders.
    Eject usb device from computer, turn off usb storage, disconnect usb phone.

Actually, here ( http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...html#post59011 ) , kiddynomyte helped me out and it worked perfectly.

so then the recovery should be on your phone and ready to boot using power, volume down, and camera button holding all three until it does something different than turning on normally (like 11 seconds hold)

I did this once and it worked like a charm.

Oh, be sure to pay attention to spaces and places of backslashes and everything exactly. DOuble check his referenced page at the wiki. THere's one part where his line wraps to the next line but just type it all in emulator straight so that each one is a line and you press enter.

Last edited by Trick; 04-08-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Thanks for responding Trick. I tried the instructions that you linked to, same result unfortunately, no recovery and it just freezes at ZTE screen. This is about the 4th different way I've tried to install it, nothing's working. In the Terminal Emulator, there is never any pause on the last line to flash the recovery.img, it inputs it immediately like the other lines - I believe there should be at least a slight pause as it writes the recovery.img file. The only time it was anything other than an immediate input of that line was when using Android Commander, it gave me two lines of 'out of memory' errors, though it did not give those errors on a second attempt. Anyway, if anyone has any more info or can give any more help it would be appreciated. Thanks again Trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick View Post
    I unzipped the flash_image, but not the recovery.img. Placed both on the SD card by pluggin into computer USB and turning on USB storage, then just dragging and dropping on the SD card. Not in any folders.
    Eject usb device from computer, turn off usb storage, disconnect usb phone.

Actually, here ( http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...html#post59011 ) , kiddynomyte helped me out and it worked perfectly.

Oh, be sure to pay attention to spaces and places of backslashes and everything exactly. DOuble check his referenced page at the wiki. THere's one part where his line wraps to the next line but just type it all in emulator straight so that each one is a line and you press enter.
    I thought the recovery.img file should be on the root of the sdcard, not zipped and not in any folder.

Careful following the referenced wiki, think they added a forward slash in the mount command that shouldn't be there.

can't receive calls

I've rooted my phone and flashed the recovery. I can call out but no one can call me. Does anyone know what i can do?

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

flash_image

After my phone was rooted and busybox binary was updated I had success moving flash_image to the system bin folder using ghost commander file manger I did have to be in root mode on both sides of file manager though. Also I have had mixed success with ninja morph pro even on my stock rom but don't blame me if you break your phone I'm just a noob and these tools are powerful. Oh does anyone know a way I can alter resource, manifest, and xml files on the phone I have no computer thnx

Overall activity: 2.0%

my phone wont boot into recovery mode. its just stuck on zte logo, once this happens, i cannot boot into the phone. i just have to let it sit and wait until the battery dies, only then can i boot the phone properly into android. i accidentally clicked on the wrong phone model in ROM Manager > flash clockwork mod option, is this happening because of that?

when i go to terminal emulator, there is no keyboard, so i cannot type. i read somewhere that android commander can flash the recovery image, but even there, no luck, it says flashed successfully and then it reboots the phone and it gets stuck on ZTE logo again, and i have to wait till the battery dies.

please help! i want to install the scored rom on it.

Overall activity: 2.0%

how do i instal flash image?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information