Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I was able to do this from my phone. This is a work on progress. Your mileage may vary.

http://ubuntuone.com/1UtAk7ZKzadZVuC9LW6b0A

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

so what dose this rom intell this will my first time doing this so i would like more info please.thanks jedland47@hotmail.com

This rom is basically exilemod with the exception that I put nearly everything that dxisda's? kitchen could do to it. Tethering for example has not been enabled. Just about everything else has though. Its deodexed, zipaligned, a2sd, bootanimation enabled (put bootanimation.zip in /data/local), etc. To get the most benefit from this rom you need to have your phone partitioned by CWM to make a partition for A2sd to use. NOTE--partitioning will wipe your sdcard clean so copy your sdcard to somewhere on your pc so that after the partitioning you can copy all your data back onto the card.

Here is kitchen's output on this rom.

Android OS version : 2.3.4
    Device : X500
    Model : X500
    ROM Name : Exile
    Rooted (Superuser.apk + su) : YES
    Rooted (unsecured boot.img) : YES
    BusyBox installed : YES
    BusyBox run-parts support : YES
    Apps2SD (Apps to EXT) enabled : YES
    /data/app enabled : YES
    Custom boot animation allowed : YES
    Nano text editor installed : YES
    Bash shell support : YES
    /system/framework is deodexed : YES
    /system/app is deodexed : YES
    radio.img found : NO
    ROM will wipe all data : NO

You need to have your phone CWM recovery installed to install roms.

http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...5-0-2-7-a.html

Once you do that then I usually go into to recovery and manually install the rom by going through the menus. BUT...DO A BACKUP FIRST! It takes a few minutes but is well worth the time, WELL WORTH THE TIME to do. Can't stress that enough. You must have an sdcard in your phone with a few hundred megabytes of space available. Or it will error out and you have no backup.

Here is how I do it.

Open CWM recovery from the apps.

-choose Reboot into Recovery.

-It will ask for verification. Choose 'ok'

-It will then reboot the phone into recovery mode.

-You will see a menu. You can use the volume rocker to move up and down the menu. The camera button is for choosing your selection.

-FIRST! choose backup and restore (its about the 6th one)
    if you mess up you can use the power button to go back

-Another menu
    Choose backup
    It will automatically start backing up your entire phone internal memory. It is called a 'nandroid' backup by some. It however does not backup your apps which are on the sdcard. It backs up specifically the boot.img, recover.img, system.yaffs.img, data.img, .android_secure, cache, sd-ext and then generate a md5 sum.

-It will take a few minutes to do. SWAG ~5 mins. Be patient...

-Once it says backup complete! then you are ready to flash a rom. It will automatically take you back to the first menu.

-Now go down to the 'install zip from sdcard' line and choose it(camera button)

-Next menu
    again choose 'choose zip from sdcard'

-This will take you to your file list on your sdcard where you should have copied your new rom. My sdcard is pretty full of stuff so instead of trying to scroll down through all the files and folders I push up on the volume rocker and it takes me to the bottom of the list which is pretty close to where the rom is. I scoll to the rom and select it.

-Now it wants you to confirm the install. You will see a whole bunch of - No's and one ' - Yes - Install {whatever rom you chose.zip}. This is a failsafe just to make certain you haven't made a mistake and need to go back. Scroll down to 'yes' and it will install your rom.

-After it is done it will say install complete and take you back to the first menu again.

-Choose 'reboot system now' and if your rom is good and uncorrupted you will soon see it booting into it.

-If it is stuck at the ZTE bootsplash for more than say ~5mins it is probably not compatible but don't freak out. Just remove your battery for a few seconds and put it back in. Hold down the "volume down" button and the "camera button" and press the power button and wait for the phone to power back on. It should take you back into recovery mode. From there you can scroll down to 'backup and restore'. Choose it then on the next menu choose "restore' then choose the backup that YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE FIRST. Then another failsafe verification with all the no's and the one yes. Choose 'yes' and it will install your backup. Then reboot your phone and all should be good again. Note--you can, at least I can, access your phone with ADB in recovery mode. So you can use that tool to make changes to your phone in case of emergency. Google is your friend.

-You can also use the above method for installing A2sd from Darktremor.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Did anyone get the rom? when i clicked on the link i got an error. can someone reupload it?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72170887/exile_kitchen.zip

See if this one works better...

info

thanks for the info im still tring to cover all my baises as i do not know that much about doing this boss lady will kick my but if i miss the phone she got me for x-mas lol

Overall activity: 1.0%

Yes, that worked. Thank you

Thanks for the rom. that works great.

Phone
    ZTE Score

l

Downloaded ur ROM, backups are done, ready to install - Curious tho, why'd u leave MuveMusic & all other Cricket bloatware installed? :-/

Oh well, a flashing I will go... thanks!

JW

Theme

I have a pretty complete theme for this rom if you're interested in trying it out email me at cmstark74@gmail.com

Themed Elements
    Framework
    SystemUI
    Contacts
    Phone
    Settings
    Music
    Gmail
    SMS
    Talk
    GoogleQuickSearch
    GenieWidget
    Desk Clock
    Browser

Here's the link the theme is based off
    GingerIce except mostly black. Be sure and back up. Flash at your own risk.

http://db.tt/hvGrp7qF
    Last edited by stark74; 04-21-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Hello gents, I'm glad to see the rom is working out for you. Jwinchester, I left the bloat in because some people may be using it and then they would spam the forum looking for xyz.apk. Besides, the bloat is so easy to remove.

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    Phone
    1-702-PP5-DODO

Quote Originally Posted by quandryron:61998
    This rom is basically exilemod with the exception that I put nearly everything that dxisda's? kitchen could do to it. Tethering for example has not been enabled. Just about everything else has though. Its deodexed, zipaligned, a2sd, bootanimation enabled (put bootanimation.zip in /data/local), etc. To get the most benefit from this rom you need to have your phone partitioned by CWM to make a partition for A2sd to use. NOTE--partitioning will wipe your sdcard clean so copy your sdcard to somewhere on your pc so that after the partitioning you can copy all your data back onto the card.

Here is kitchen's output on this rom.

Android OS version : 2.3.4
    Device : X500
    Model : X500
    ROM Name : Exile
    Rooted (Superuser.apk + su) : YES
    Rooted (unsecured boot.img) : YES
    BusyBox installed : YES
    BusyBox run-parts support : YES
    Apps2SD (Apps to EXT) enabled : YES
    /data/app enabled : YES
    Custom boot animation allowed : YES
    Nano text editor installed : YES
    Bash shell support : YES
    /system/framework is deodexed : YES
    /system/app is deodexed : YES
    radio.img found : NO
    ROM will wipe all data : NO

You need to have your phone CWM recovery installed to install roms.

http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...5-0-2-7-a.html

Once you do that then I usually go into to recovery and manually install the rom by going through the menus. BUT...DO A BACKUP FIRST! It takes a few minutes but is well worth the time, WELL WORTH THE TIME to do. Can't stress that enough. You must have an sdcard in your phone with a few hundred megabytes of space available. Or it will error out and you have no backup.

Here is how I do it.

Open CWM recovery from the apps.

-choose Reboot into Recovery.

-It will ask for verification. Choose 'ok'

-It will then reboot the phone into recovery mode.

-You will see a menu. You can use the volume rocker to move up and down the menu. The camera button is for choosing your selection.

-FIRST! choose backup and restore (its about the 6th one)
    if you mess up you can use the power button to go back

-Another menu
    Choose backup
    It will automatically start backing up your entire phone internal memory. It is called a 'nandroid' backup by some. It however does not backup your apps which are on the sdcard. It backs up specifically the boot.img, recover.img, system.yaffs.img, data.img, .android_secure, cache, sd-ext and then generate a md5 sum.

-It will take a few minutes to do. SWAG ~5 mins. Be patient...

-Once it says backup complete! then you are ready to flash a rom. It will automatically take you back to the first menu.

-Now go down to the 'install zip from sdcard' line and choose it(camera button)

-Next menu
    again choose 'choose zip from sdcard'

-This will take you to your file list on your sdcard where you should have copied your new rom. My sdcard is pretty full of stuff so instead of trying to scroll down through all the files and folders I push up on the volume rocker and it takes me to the bottom of the list which is pretty close to where the rom is. I scoll to the rom and select it.

-Now it wants you to confirm the install. You will see a whole bunch of - No's and one ' - Yes - Install {whatever rom you chose.zip}. This is a failsafe just to make certain you haven't made a mistake and need to go back. Scroll down to 'yes' and it will install your rom.

-After it is done it will say install complete and take you back to the first menu again.

-Choose 'reboot system now' and if your rom is good and uncorrupted you will soon see it booting into it.

-If it is stuck at the ZTE bootsplash for more than say ~5mins it is probably not compatible but don't freak out. Just remove your battery for a few seconds and put it back in. Hold down the "volume down" button and the "camera button" and press the power button and wait for the phone to power back on. It should take you back into recovery mode. From there you can scroll down to 'backup and restore'. Choose it then on the next menu choose "restore' then choose the backup that YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE FIRST. Then another failsafe verification with all the no's and the one yes. Choose 'yes' and it will install your backup. Then reboot your phone and all should be good again. Note--you can, at least I can, access your phone with ADB in recovery mode. So you can use that tool to make changes to your phone in case of emergency. Google is your friend.

-You can also use the above method for installing A2sd from Darktremor.
    Hey i tried partioning my SD card through CWM recovery and im not sure if it worked. It took me through the process of wiping my card, partion SD-Ext w/512MB, Swap drive=0 and then reboot. Now, Im not sure if im wrong but Isn't there suppost to be a SD-Ext folder of some sort that i can see either on the internal storage or SD card when viewing with Root Explorer? I know i have that folder on my ascend w/CM7. This is whats causing my confussion lol! Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hmmm...okay, you installed the partition but you're not seeing the ext partition. I am going to assume that you installed my rom which has a2sd enabled. Everything should be working automatically. Try installing the A2sdgui app from google play. That should give some insight into what is going on there.

Customer Since
    Phone
    1-702-PP5-DODO

Quote Originally Posted by quandryron:62781
    Hmmm...okay, you installed the partition but you're not seeing the ext partition. I am going to assume that you installed my rom which has a2sd enabled. Everything should be working automatically. Try installing the A2sdgui app from google play. That should give some insight into what is going on there.
    You're right. Didnt have to install the GUI but i notice a significant increase in the internal stotage space. I have like 3x the number of apps installed than before and i think i found Ext in the System folder, it's just labled SD so all is good! Thanks!

Sweeet!

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information