Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Moz that sounds like a really long and involved process. I'm gonna have to put that on the back burner. I was looking to put a different boot splash in that had the 320 by 480 resolution and see of that helped speed up the boot time. I've been using the bootanimation.zip in the/data/local/ folder hack but was curious if having it where originally designed to be ( framework.apk) would be better. Spring is such a busy time for me...

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

quandryron: My guess is that the splash won't change much in the boot time, I just didn't like the splash and changed it to a less ugly, but pretty basic splash. I also changed the animation, but that was much easier than the splash. As I said, I'm going to
    re-do the splash again for the new setup, when I have time, maybe I can figure out a way to make less involved.

I know i don't mind the Zte but that muve music splash had to go!

Overall activity: 0%

An addendum to my previous post (here):

I got around to flashing quandryron Exile Kitchen, and did indeed find that Darktremor apps2sd was setup, and apps were being properly installed and run from the SD-EXT partition I created in ClockworkMod. However, the dalvik cache was being stored in the internal memory and zipalign on boot was not enabled...both of which I thought dsixda's kitchen would have already implemented. Maybe I did something wrong...Either way, these two things were easy to fix using a2sdgui (or terminal emulator), so everything is now ok! Thanks Quandryron.

Excellent! Perhaps I should update the rom with a2sdgui already installed? A just in case for others who may have the same issue?

Well, if you feel like doing it. IMO, it's not necessary. You've already done the hard part...so, I think anyone messing around with custom ROMs will be capable enough to download and use a2sdgui for themselves.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Quote Originally Posted by djc89 View Post
    Well, if you feel like doing it. IMO, it's not necessary. You've already done the hard part...so, I think anyone messing around with custom ROMs will be capable enough to download and use a2sdgui for themselves.
    Kind of an adventure it was! Seeing what THIS new ROM feature/capability does, now this one, and so on... Plus its always good (for me @ least) wen I know that an error or crash was due to me doing that - instead of it being there, & presumably working, already. :-D

Once again, awesome work with this ROM!

JW

Regarding the splash and boot animation. The Score is the first I've ever seen with it incorporated in the framework-res.apk & I've owned an android ever since the G1. Another oddity is that there's more device titled images & XML files in the SystemUI.apk which explains the bloated size of the apks (example framework-res.apk is 9.4mb in the Score & only 4.8mb in my GNexus running ICS.) I've bought another Score for dev purposes so that I don't brick my kids(put him on cricket because vzw overages are a mofo.)I think we need to start at the kernel level and work our way out. Maybe it won't be cm but it could be a lite weight source built GB. Get rid of all the extraneous ZTE stuff and just have a pure Google build. I think with the Adreno 200 plus the current chip set we could get an 800mhz + clock speed. This little device has potential. I mean the LG optimus and other entry level devices with similar specs have CM7 or greater. I think a pure Google build would be sweet.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Just to be clear I love this rom as far as the improvements over stock. But there's things you guys should do. Example when removing system apps also remove extraneous data folders and lib files associated with apks. I currently have 68mb free in system/apps and 118mb free in internal mem(dalvik cache to SD *class8 32gb*) I REALLY don't recommend dalvik to SD on anything less than a class 4. Anyway just putting info out there. If you're not sure what dead files to remove search "system cleaner" in market its a nice tool.

Sounds promising. How could I test it without committing. Is there a way to run chroot or as a "dual boot" config?

Thanks.
    B

Overall activity: 2.0%

You are absolutely right about the Muve animation, that was really awful, and I was oh so happy that it went away.

um all i get is zte then nothing

Zte then nothing? Hmm... try downloading again and reflashing.
    Your download may have been corrupted. Its possible. You did make a backup right?

Hello, I am running exile and am trying to add an init.d script to start up crond. I can run it in shell, but it doesn't init on boot. Any ideas?

/etc/init.d/98cron_start

File mode is 777.

Thanks.

Brian

I'm thinking that may be a kernel option and as we don't have the source to perhaps enable cron jobs. I'm just speaking off of the top of my head here... I could be completely wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bsquared
    Hello, I am running exile and am trying to add an init.d script to start up crond. I can run it in shell, but it doesn't init on boot. Any ideas?

/etc/init.d/98cron_start

File mode is 777.

Thanks.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by quandryron View Post
    I'm thinking that may be a kernel option and as we don't have the source to perhaps enable cron jobs. I'm just speaking off of the top of my head here... I could be completely wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    cron is part of busybox.

My question is about adding init scripts.

I added the file '/etc/init.d/98cron_start' which is a script to setup the crond environment requirements and then start the daemon [1]. I can run the script and it processes crontab, but it does not run with the rest of the init scripts.

Thanks.
    Brian
    [1] - see
    this

for details.

Edit: solved by adding shebang to the head of the file
    #!/system/bin/bash

Also dont forget to make executable
    chmod 777 "path_to_script"

Last edited by bsquared; 10-08-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Resolved

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information