Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Android Ad-hoc support hack/wpa_supplicant question.

If this is in the wrong section, or already posted somewhere that I did not see I appologize in advance. Has anyone been able to get the ZTE score to work in ad-hoc mode as described here?

Android Ad-hoc support hack/wpa_supplicant - xda-developers

I have tried a few versions of the wpav6 and after i'm done the wifi just turns on and off constantly or says error. I swap back to the origional and wifi works but not on ad-hoc networks.

thxs in adv.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Wrecked Johnson

I think you will encounter a hardware issue with that, I could be wrong but this is a very low end phone probably the lowest end android on the market and I do not see supporting hardware there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked Johnson View Post
    I think you will encounter a hardware issue with that, I could be wrong but this is a very low end phone probably the lowest end android on the market and I do not see supporting hardware there.
    It not a hardware limitation, it is based on the software. If you install any WiFi scanning tool (I am using Farpoc's WiFi Analyzer) you WILL see Adhoc networks I can even do this on my old Motorola I1. If the network is adhoc to the right it will say "Adhoc" in red. (if the phone has the patch / hack it will not have it in red instead it will have in '()" ) By design Android does not let you connect to non infrastructure networks.

However If you look at my first post I have gotten it to work on quite a few phones including : Zte warp, Motorola Triumph, HTC EVO, and a few samsung phones...

If it was a hardware Issue you would not even be able to "see" the Adhoc network. see picture(s).. the first 2 are from a phone that has the patch installed, the second 2 are from the cricket ZTE Score.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shot_000011.png   shot_000012.png   shot_000002.png   shot_000001.png  
    Last edited by mike525; 05-24-2012 at 09:43 AM.

The patch I have seems to work fine on OS 2.2 phones, and on OS 2.3.5. and the x500 is on 2.3.4 maybe this is why I honestly don't know...

I just posted this to see if anyone had been able to get it to work in hopes that they could point me to the right file patch

Thread Information