Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Easy root (No computer needed) for Cricket Score (X500)

This post has been moved to one location over at UPP. Sorry for any inconvenience but this is to make it easier for me to respond to any comments or questions.

Easy root (No computer needed) for any Score

Last edited by stedman420; 12-03-2013 at 12:11 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%

This Rooting method did not work on my ZTE X501, what do I do now I really wana be rooted

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Re: Easy root (No computer needed) for Cricket Score (X500)

Quote Originally Posted by RAY3334 View Post
    This Rooting method did not work on my ZTE X501, what do I do now I really wana be rooted
    If anyone was curious root did end up being gained on the above mentioned phone using a different poot.apk for more info check out the zte groove(or x501) forums here at cricketusers.

And as always a big thanks goes to giantpune over at AF for such a great apk

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 3.0%

Most definitely and Check out the ZTE GROOVE FORUM

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

it definately works. ty

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Customer Since
    Oct,2012

Quote Originally Posted by stedman420 View Post
    All of this seems to be working fine for me but remember you use anything here at your own risk I nor anyone else is responsible for your phone. And Rooting your phone will void your warranty.

And if you use this please leave a comment. Feedback is essential so please help out and post your results. Thanks in advance to those who do.

Now that said

All credit and big thanks goes to giantpune at Android Forums as he's the creator of the apk that makes this possible. I'm just posting the steps i took and the results. Here's a link for more info about this apk and it's creator

Optimus Elite root with an apk - Android Forums

The only requirement is your phone needs a data connection of some kind as you will need to download some stuff on your phone.

Ok to do this you will need to install two apks on your phone.

Poot-debug apk (the one for the pcd venture) found at the above link for giantpunes original post

and

Ministro II Apk (wich can be found on google play store)

Here is a couple mirrored links from my dropbox to the apks needed and I used. You can download these and just use your file manager to install them from your sdcard if you don't wanna go searchin for them.

Poot-Debug Apk

http://db.tt/XFtyBP4z

Ministro II Apk

http://db.tt/Eo8x1tps

Once these two apks are installed just follow these steps.

1.) Click on Poot apk to open it.

2.) Ministro will then open and ask you to download some libraries click ok to download them.

3.) Once they're downloaded you'll be presented with two options in the poot apk click on the press here to poot button.

4.) Once poot is done you should be rooted but you will need to go to play store and download Superuser (poot only pushes the binary file to system/xbin it does not install the apk) Once superuser downloads and installs you should be able to grant apks root accsess

I'm adding a another step here cause I feel people just don't get how important it is to flash cwm and make a backup before doing anything else on their freshly rooted phone. So

5.) Download rom manager from play store then use it to flash recovery. Once rom manager is done downloading and flashing recovery click on the reboot to recovery and MAKE A BACKUP.

Here's some things to note about rooting with this method.

The log that the poot apk displays when finished shows a couple errors and even at the bottom says su binary was not written. However half way through the log you can see a + where it wrote su to system/xbin and where it sets perms for su. I will post screenshots of what the log says. You can for the time being ignore the errors seen in my screenshot. It still works. You can verify this by using the built-in rootchecker in the poot apk. Also if you want to use SuperSU you will need to install Superuser first as the binary that poot pushes to phone is for superuser.

Attachment 3710
    Attachment 3711

Also I wanted to add that I've contacted giantpune and he's very interested in fixing the errors poot shows and fixing this apk for this phone. However he needs a score for this. So please if anyone has one they might be able to donate to this cause it would be greatly appreciated and help out alot. If you are interested in donating a score to this cause please send giantpune a pm at andriod forums or send me a pm and I'll pass it along.

I have tested this on a bone stock score and was met with success. I then even installed the "outta box stock" rom I posted and was able to repeat my success. Actually I did that a couple times and was able to gain root each time so Hopefully this helps make rooting a little easier for everyone else.
    M0
    Yes sir I used ur method and it worked here is the problem I installed one of ur roms and it works fine but at this moment I try to reroot using same method and it can't find su banary because I'm under ur current rom if u could please ase help me when u get a min. My name is jeremy thanks for ur time my email is jeremymatthewcarnes@gmail.com thx

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

why are you trying to reroot the rom? there all rooted already.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

As overdrive mentioned most custom roms come rooted. If you're havin troubles with root on my rom due to any circumstance just try re-installing rom again and you should be good

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Oct,2012

im sorry i should have been more clear,ok with that said - i installed one of your roms and it went on fine and it currently works.but i no longer have root access.and it says su bin not found and superuser cannot install it ???? i can get to recovery but can not install anything.because i dont have superuser bin.someone said to copy a binary zip to sd card then install.i tried that and get to the point of giving command to install but my only options are you cant change but only says no and no.i dont want to mess up my phone so i figured i would ask someone on here.my phone was rooted using poot method above....thx for your time.

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

if u can help, please send information to my email above. thx

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

sent you a private msg. check it.

Customer Since
    Oct,2012

Thx, ill take a look

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Last edited by stedman420; 03-21-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Thread Information