Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Metro PCS x500m rom for testing

I recently had to replace the motherboard on my sons x500 from Cricket and did not realize there was a difference in Metro PCS and Cricket configurations. The boards are pretty much the same but roms are different. I was going to leave the MetroPCS rom alone and just remove the bloatware and everything was working great with link2sd (never worked on my orig cricket rom), and other apps. All worked fine but Pandora would crash everytime I would load it. I could not figure out the problem.

The reason I wanted to share this with everyone is because I found something out with this rom. On Crickets rom when you try to download Google Voice or Magic Jack or some other apps you get a message that this is not compatible with your device or it will not even show these apps in the search results, with this rom it does show it in the search results and lets you install them. No errors. And Link2sd was working perfectly. Seems this rom does something different that makes that stuff work fine.

I am currently using the cricket stripped mod rom and it works except the camera doesnt want to record videos now and a2sdgui freezes now when I get it loaded, these 2 apps were fine before I started loading apps after I installed the rom. I think it has to do with a2sdgui and I cant seem to figure it out.

I do not believe this will work on the newest baseband but if it is like how I have loaded the stripped mod for older baseband you should be able to load it with an older baseband. I am not responsible.

Download it here to play around with. Maybe we can use something from it to help make the roms we have now better.

metroPCS-origrombackup-stock.rar

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok for one I will tell you again there is nothing wrong with a2sd or video in Stripped Mod. They work perfectly on the phone that it was meant for. Your phone was frankensteined together that's your real issue.

Also why use link2sd in Stripped Mod when everything is already on the sd-ext thanks to DT's A2Sd. If you want link2sd to work use a diff rom.

As for the market stuff again this most likely coming down to an issue with your phone cause I don't have this prob and up till a couple ofdays ago I was using my score for my personal phone again so I have checked recently on all the issues you've stated here and on UPP

Your best bet would be to use a cricket score with a cricket motherboard runnin a cricket rom. This will be the only way to not have probs usin a cricket rom.

Sorry if I sound like a dick here but I just wanted to make it very clear there is not an issue with my rom there is an issue with your phone.

Oh and just so you know if you install an older metro rom on your phone you could then update your phone using the zip provided on zte's website for updating the metro phone. But you may need stock recovery too.

And to all others please remember it is very unwise to flash a rom not meant for your device and is a good way to end up with a brick

Sent from my X501 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 2.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I'm sorry. My post here was not meant to upset or say something is wrong with your rom. I just now (before reading this post) figured out the problem. I remapped the home, back and menu buttons and that was making some of the system apps you had setup not work properly. I reloaded the rom and did not remap the keys and it is working as normal as can be.

I was only posting this MetroPCS Rom because it had allowed market place to do things my original ZTE x500 from cricket couldnt like download Google Voice and Magic Jack and that was before I replaced the motherboard and I was using my cricket motherboard. so far this rom has been great and I meant no disrespect. sorry if it came across like that. Thank you for your work.

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

No worries Lol

And glad to hear ya got it working.

Also if your still havin issues with the buttons shoot me a pm over on UPP (I rarely check my inbox here Lol) I may have some ideas that might help

Sent from my X501 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Thread Information