Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Modified Zerg Root Rush to also flash recovery

This method has become outdated and obsolete please use the method found here instead

Easy Root (No PC Required) for any ZTE Score

Last edited by stedman420; 12-03-2013 at 12:15 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

i will test tomorrow if i remember

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    i will test tomorrow if i remember
    Sweet thanks :-)

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

from a stock phone. the first time it successfully installed superuser, it did not install busybox and failed to fix permissions. the second time i tried without wiping the phone. . . the touch screen stopped working and it zerg stuck on 'waiting for device' battery pull and reboot and it failed to busybox and fix permissions again. now i'm waiting for it to reboot. stuck on muve music screen for like 10 minutes now. . . CWM installed fine as well the first time.

booted into cwmrecovery, did a data reset and now it's fine. still no busybox
    Last edited by indica; 06-22-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

from a stock phone. the first time it successfully installed superuser, it did not install busybox and failed to fix permissions. the second time i tried without wiping the phone. . . the touch screen stopped working and it zerg stuck on 'waiting for device' battery pull and reboot and it failed to busybox and fix permissions again. now i'm waiting for it to reboot. stuck on muve music screen for like 10 minutes now. . . CWM installed fine as well the first time.

booted into cwmrecovery, did a data reset and now it's fine. still no busybox
    I must first say thank you greatly for helpin me. I now wrote a double line for busybox to install and added some wait lines to hopefully let it catch up. I've also put one together without the fix permissions lines. I will add these to my original post shortly if you felt like givin it another go. Also was curious if you could post what the terminal says during the processes that aren't working. Glad to hear no problems rooting and flashing recovery though. Oh and just curious what version of windows did you use? I also seem to not be able to figure hang issue as it seems to be in the zergrush program itself Sorry. And again thank you :-)

Just wondering has anyone else tried this yet and what were the results?
    Last edited by stedman420; 06-22-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

terminal moves super fast, but i caught this error right away
    "*sh no such file or directory"
    otherwise it looks like this one pushed busybox, and did file permission fix. started with a stock (not factory reset) device again.
    i checked and busybox is installed. and it took forever to fix permissions. one thing i did notice is it did not pop on 3g right away. looking into it.

it did not hang the first time and everything went through fine! did not track down the 3g issue but the phone is in 'suspended' status with cricket.
    Last edited by indica; 06-22-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

terminal moves super fast, but i caught this error right away
    "*sh no such file or directory"
    otherwise it looks like this one pushed busybox, and did file permission fix. started with a stock (not factory reset) device again.
    i checked and busybox is installed. and it took forever to fix permissions. one thing i did notice is it did not pop on 3g right away. looking into it.
    Strange error considering it requires the sh or shell file to preform most of the commands I wrote in the batch file but sounds like it worked still. Not sure on the 3G issue but I have noticed this phone takin a minute sometimes when it first boots. Please keep me posted hopefully we can get this goin smoothly.

Just curious does anyone have a stock (I mean bone stock no root) system.img and boot.img for this phone? Oh and I could use a working stock recovery.img as the one in these forums is not there anymore it appears and the one that was did not work.
    Thanks for any help :-)

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok just to clarify the second version with the extra lines worked fine and the 3G issue is a cricket issue? Just wanted to make sure before moving on to another project :-) Thank you very very much for all your help too

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

yes the second version with added lines worked. the 3g i think is cricket or phone. there should still be score recovery around here some where. this is rooted dump
    zte dump.zip - Minus

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

yes the second version with added lines worked. the 3g i think is cricket or phone. there should still be score recovery around here some where. this is rooted dump
    zte dump.zip - Minus

Sweet thanks a mil for all the help. I'm glad to hear this is workin well. I've updated my OP with just the updated version for others to give it a go :-) Hopefully it goes just as smooth :-)

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Nov 2011

@stedman420 help bro! When I attempt to run "ZergRootTempRush.bat" it will either stop at "wait for device" or "daemon started succesfully" and once again the bootloop is still there. I am really at a loss on what to do, help ASAP please.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by JummyBlazed View Post
    @stedman420 help bro! When I attempt to run "ZergRootTempRush.bat" it will either stop at "wait for device" or "daemon started succesfully" and once again the bootloop is still there. I am really at a loss on what to do, help ASAP please.
    I have posted some more info on your android forums post also making sure your pc doesn't have your sdcard mounted as external storage helps and then try running zerg while your phone is off then powering on when you get the wait for device. Zerg should kick in just after the bootanimation starts

Customer Since
    Nov 2011

Quote Originally Posted by stedman420 View Post
    I have posted some more info on your android forums post also making sure your pc doesn't have your sdcard mounted as external storage helps and then try running zerg while your phone is off then powering on when you get the wait for device. Zerg should kick in just after the bootanimation starts
    Meh, unfortunately that didn't help.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by JummyBlazed View Post
    Meh, unfortunately that didn't help.
    Sorry I tried the only other thing I can think of is to use manually enter the adb commands involving the recovery in the batch file usin cmd.exe if you get the custom recovery installed everything will be easy from there. If you don't know how to use adb though it will require some research. And just outta curiosity what was removed before this problem occurred as I'm sure this info can be helpful for others.

Note to others: This is why flashing the custom recovery and making a backup should be the first thing you do after rooting. Do not try making changes before making a backup and definitely no changes should be made before installing custom recovery this is the exact reason why I modified this zerg rush so that less people had this issue so please use this zerg or at least make sure you have the custom recovery installed before removing anything from your rooted phone.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011

So bro, I got a new Score today. Rooted it. Now before I start toogling with it, I want to have you know the flash, recovery, all that good stuff. Could you please break it down one more time for me. I've tried getting CWM via Rom Manager, didn't do. Uhhh, 4ext can't find device either. So if you could help me just one more time. That'd do wonders.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information