Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

My zte 500 turns off after a short time

My zte 500 says its fully charged and shuts off after like 5 minutes. I'll restart ir and the battery meter will show no life left. I'll pull the battery out and restart again and the battery will show fully charged again. HELP...IS IT A SYSTEM ISSUE OR BATTERY ISSUE?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

from what you have said sounds like a system issue to me. it could however be a bad connection with the battery. is your phone rooted? or stock? if it's rooted are you using a custom rom and if you are which rom? do you have access to another battery you can try in your phone? or maybe a friend with the same phone you can try your battery in there phone and see if it does the same thing, have you recently installed an app thats constantly draining the battery? more info would definately help to try and figure out the issue your having.
    Last edited by OvrDriVE; 12-06-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Ots not rooted, like too but its my only phone. If you know the exact step I'll try it

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

random shutdowns is a known problem with this phone. it's not your battery. if you just got your phone i'd recommend taking it back to cricket for a replacement but if you really want to root your phone and install a custom rom(this will void any warrenty you may still have) (I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE) you can use this here to root and install recovery to your phone.

this works perfectly

1st post in this thread has file you need to root & install recovery http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...e-testing.html Make sure to do a backup from recovery when this is complete

after this you can install a rom. there are a few posted on this site.

one of mine for example - http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...-x500-rom.html
    another of mine - http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...core-x500.html
    stripped mod - http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...ore-users.html

again you do this at your own risk. and i will not be held responsible for anything you do.

good luck.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by OvrDriVE View Post
    random shutdowns is a known problem with this phone. it's not your battery. if you just got your phone i'd recommend taking it back to cricket for a replacement
    from what you describe i think it is a battery issue. check to make sure the battery is in the phone well. If you can, try another battery in the phone.
    if at all possible get a different phone, the zte score is a cheap device with a few well known issues. however if you find out it is not the battery, and cannot get another phone then root+rom the device.

Overall activity: 99.3%

My phone does that too i found that there was a problem with the battery i used a battery calibration app but its only for root users. I also found that my charger was broken it wont charge the phone completely but says its fully charged, then it would die a minute or so after unplugging it.

I have the same problem and its not the battery. I bought a new battery yesterday and when I walked out of the store it turned off.

Customer Since
    12/2009

Please, make sure the battery is not swelled up or water damaged by checking the phinolthyline indicator color RED!, Also, Some of the X500 Scores have been down graded to only $35 or $45 plans. If it is original ROM!, may want to try hard reset by pressing VOL UP, Camera BUTTON, and POWER. Hard reset doesn't void warranty!. Good luck!

Thread Information