Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Cool New guy, new Cricket ZTE - How to hack it better??

Hi!

I just found this phone for 29 dollars at best buy - Cricket Muve ZTE Score.

I did not allow them to activate at as I do not want to use it as a phone. I was shopping for a mp3 player when I stumbled on this on slickdeals and now I just want a nice little android device/mp3/movie/game thingy for me and my daughter (4yrs old) to use.

So, I have come here knowing nothing about this stuff. I have read a few things here and figure that my first step should be to root it and get rid of the garbage.

What should I do next? Any links, advice, things to read, etc etc etc....

Thanks much for the help!!! Its currently charging, and I have yet to even turn it on - figured I would give the battery a good full charge before using it.
    Last edited by mprayii; 03-05-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: changed the l to a z.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

First and foremost it's ZTE not LTE.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

My bad. You are correct.

Now, any chance you can offer any other advice?

I was able to gain root. Using superoneclick 2.3.? I tossed the 4gb muve card and put a different one in. I installed the free version of ROM Toolbox and got rid of some things I thought would be safe, a few I wasn't sure... but it seems to be working well still. I also changed the default install location to be the micro sd card with this tool and changed my start screen... so fancy...

I tried to install sc0re and CWM with ROM Toolbox but that didnt do anything, so I gave up and went to bed. Will try more tonight I guess. Just winging it out here me and google.... Is there a definate list of bloatware I can safely remove? And I am not completely sure why I need CWM or sc0re, but I see everyone else doing it, and I guess if I want flash to work I need to put sc0re on?

Anyone recommend a good media player? The default one doesnt seem to have an EQ and sounds kinda crappy. Was thinking about Winamp, but I remember back in the day it being a resource hog.

I must say having never done anything like this before leaves me holding my breath during every reboot.
    Last edited by mprayii; 03-06-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Overall activity: 1.0%

First off why are you using toolbox to install cwm and a rom when that's not the proper method....

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk

Thread Information