Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Nexus S 4G

Phone quality, crashes/freezes... is this normal?

Bought a ZTE Score a few days ago. It has frozen and rebooted itself multiple times. Once in an ever repeating muve music open screen, sometimes it just turns itself off, sometimes just freezes.

I took it back to the store and the lady seemed condescending, as if I installed a "bad app" or it was a virus. (yeah right within the first 8 hours) And she installed an app killer and an anti virus.

She told me the phone wasn't the highest market quality (sure, it's the bargain phone) and that maybe it was just trying to run too much at once. I have a couple of email and messaging softwares installed...

Is this normal???

Should I just expect to have to pull the battery or restart the phone on a regular basis? Kind of afraid that they sold me a "lemon" and wish I could just exchange it for one that doesn't freeze or restart multiple times within the first 24 hours.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Try rooting your phone and use a root program to scan your phone for issues i did it and havent had a problemsince

Overall activity: 38.0%
    Phone
    ZTE Grand X Max

I've had my Score for a little over 5 months and it just started doing all of the above,...it's pissing me off,...maybe there are some store owners on this forum that can enlighten us on this funky problem...I mean,..I can be on an important call, and it just drops the call,..or I can be doing something on the phone, and it freezes, then turns off and reboots,..total B.S.!!!

Overall activity: 99.3%

Did you root your phone yes no maybe?

Overall activity: 36.0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score

This device can have very few apps installed and takes skill to use and keep it running normally. I picked the phone up for $29.99 so I don't care if it stops working it was dirt cheap. Delete any retarded task killers or anti virus which will only sabotage your device and its battey life. They are unnecessary and don't install unpopular apps nor very many apps at all. This device is best used as an texting/emailing/web browsing/twitter browsing/ Facebook browsing device and little else.

I plan to post a video review to YouTube within the week.

Sent from my HTC Hero S

Phone
    ZTE Score

Also I definitely recommend rooting the device and removing the carrier bloatware but do so at your own risk, ask around and see what has been safe to remove. If you don't know what bloatware is either study up in several different Android forums or just use the phone as stated in my previous post. Rooting in all reality will only help you squeeze a bit more life/features out of the phone

Sent from my HTC Hero S

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

same issues reported. see this thread ---> http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...er-issues.html

i recommend doing a warranty claim if your device keeps acting up. it must be in perfect condition and you have to pay the $25 'restocking' fee.
    if you are within 30 days from original purchase date you may do a warranty swap at the local store without the fee(15 days if you got it at bestbuy/walmart and you must return it where you got it.), as long as phone is perfect brand new condition, you have receipt, box, everything that came in the box.
    warranty is never guaranteed.
    you can also do a warranty through ZTE and bypass cricket altogether.
    here ->
    Support - ZTE USA

Phone
    Nexus S 4G

I have no idea what rooting is yet. I am probably capable of learning how and doing it but just not sure I wanted to go to any effort. I just bought the thing (cheap! temporary), why should I have to do some kind of overhaul on it to get it to work?

edit: ANNND thanks for the replies and tips, folks. Nice to know this forum exists.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Quote Originally Posted by Trick View Post
    I have no idea what rooting is yet. I am probably capable of learning how and doing it but just not sure I wanted to go to any effort. I just bought the thing (cheap! temporary), why should I have to do some kind of overhaul on it to get it to work?

edit: ANNND thanks for the replies and tips, folks. Nice to know this forum exists.
    Because as you said its cheap, there have been many much more expensive Android devices that are just unusable till Android hackers/ devs get there hands on them

I consider this device barely usable with 2-3 apps installed. ( I can do that because its my opinion no one else's )
    But anyway reading is easy enough and with enough reading and cognitive thinking you can fine tune any low end Android device with the right know how.

Sent from my HTC Hero S

Overall activity: 38.0%
    Phone
    ZTE Grand X Max

No,..I have not rooted my phone,..and to this day, I don't know what changes rooting would make to my phone with the problems I'm having. Superuser?,..oh well!..... what exactly will it do to root?

Phone
    Nexus S 4G

Well, tried a factory reset. Still some freezing during use and rebooting loops in the muve screen, even after normal shut down and power on again, sometimes it just doesn't want to start. After uninstalling almost any downloaded apps, only have kakaotalk and a sudoku game... plus all the factory apps that come pre-installed and won't uninstall... some stuff pretty heavy like Maps which is great to have but I find it running all the time and the phone can't seem to handle ANYTHING. I check the resources and while I've never SEEN it over 50% of anything, the phone will crash or freeze if I am not careful to kill apps after using them before I do anything else, even then, there is no telling when it will decide to freak out. Going back to the store today to ask for a warranty swap. Wanted to avoid THAT. With my experience with how, in general, people at businesses treat me at customer service when I am not happy with the product, my expectations are pretty low

Phone
    ZTE Score

Quote Originally Posted by pachuco2 View Post
    No,..I have not rooted my phone,..and to this day, I don't know what changes rooting would make to my phone with the problems I'm having. Superuser?,..oh well!..... what exactly will it do to root?
    You can remove all the carrier bloatware ( apps installed by cricket that you could care less about and is taking up precious space on your device)

Carrier Bloatware is also good to remove cause sometimes the apps are quite janky and my even cause issues with your device ( its happened )

Thread Information