Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Removing Cricket Apps and Boot Animation on ZTE Score

Hi Guys. I would like to remove Cricket Apps and Boot Animation on my Score. I know this is a noob questions for some of you but I'm new with ZTE or Android handsets. Can anyone point me the steps in doing these? Thanks!

2. Remove this advertisement.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

you need to root the phone then u'll be able to do this... but ur first step is to root the phone... but remember rooting voids ur warrenty...

Quote Originally Posted by preetman View Post
    you need to root the phone then u'll be able to do this... but ur first step is to root the phone... but remember rooting voids ur warrenty...
    Thank you! I was able to root my phone by following this thread http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...-root-adb.html. Next step is to remove the apps and replace the bootanimation. But before I touch anything I wanted to make a back up. Anyone can you show me how? Thank you so much.

you need a custom recovery.. go into custom recovery and make a nandroid backup so if u ever feel the need to go back u can just do a restore and have the cricket apps again

Phone
    ZTE Score

Quote Originally Posted by preetman View Post
    you need a custom recovery.. go into custom recovery and make a nandroid backup so if u ever feel the need to go back u can just do a restore and have the cricket apps again
    But you don't HAVE to settle with just removing bloatware and replacing bootanimation.zip (ROM Toolbox can do both once Rooted), if you DO choose to install CWM you should definitely take the next, usually simpler, step and install one of the custom ROMs we have now for the Score. ROMs like Sc0r3d and eXile_Kitchen, introduce themeing, and while there aren't a lot of theme options available installable .zip file from theme devs like CU user stark74.

Personally I'm getting a kick out of how much my Score's improved over time, just wish more dev's had an interest in working with it. :/

HTH, JW

Quote Originally Posted by jwinchester1 View Post
    But you don't HAVE to settle with just removing bloatware and replacing bootanimation.zip (ROM Toolbox can do both once Rooted), if you DO choose to install CWM you should definitely take the next, usually simpler, step and install one of the custom ROMs we have now for the Score. ROMs like Sc0r3d and eXile_Kitchen, introduce themeing, and while there aren't a lot of theme options available installable .zip file from theme devs like CU user stark74.

Personally I'm getting a kick out of how much my Score's improved over time, just wish more dev's had an interest in working with it. :/

HTH, JW
    Which ROM doesn't have any Cricket apps? I really want my phone to look unbranded. Thank you so much!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by iUNWiRED View Post
    Which ROM doesn't have any Cricket apps? I really want my phone to look unbranded. Thank you so much!
    I really like the exile_kitchen ROM. I haven't tried Sc0r3d yet but I don't know if I will try it since I like eXile's just fine. After I flashed the ROM I downloaded JRummy16's ROM Toolbox from Play Store and used it to uninstall the Cricket apps that eXile left on there. I left Muve Music on one of my Scores because we actually are using it for now. But you don't have to use ROM Toolbox because you can uninstall by using JRummy's Root Browser Lite (or other file management tool) to delete Cricket411.apk, MobileWeb.apk, MuveMusic.apk, and MyAccount.apk from the system/app folder and you will no longer see any Cricket apps in your app drawer.

I am really getting a kick out of this phone now that I have Dolphin Browser HD and Adobe Flash working! Both of those apps are not available through Play Store for the Score because they are supposedly not compatible so they don't let you install them from the Play Store. I even have the USB DUN working so I don't have to pay for tethering service or a tethering app! I never could find a free tethering app (my PC doesn't have WiFi).

Thread Information