Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Real quick question, I was unable to figure out how to flash this since it just came with a boot.img and two folders with no nandroid.md5 so I copied my backup placed the boot.img and folders in and corrected the md5 and flashed just the boot img. Didn't seem to change anything I feel as if I am doing this incorrectly what would be a good way to test a deodexed rom or to see if its working?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    boot into CWM > backup & restore > backup.
    Are you talking about Rom Manager v4.8.0.8/ClockworkModRecovery here? The ZTE Score X500 isn't listed in the 'Flash ClockworkMod Recovery' menu and that is a sticking point.

Trying through Windows command line and ADB via USB connection I have yet to successfully get a ROM installed using the thread here:
    HOW TO: Flash stock recovery - Android Forums

, be it stock_recovery.img or recovery.img from the other thread on here.

It would be great if someone could write a simple 'HOW-TO' replace your ROM on a rooted ZTE Score X500. Just so many slivers of information in so many different articles and sites/threads it's tough to put it all together start to finish.

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit74 View Post
    Are you talking about Rom Manager v4.8.0.8/ClockworkModRecovery here? The ZTE Score X500 isn't listed in the 'Flash ClockworkMod Recovery' menu and that is a sticking point.

Trying through Windows command line and ADB via USB connection I have yet to successfully get a ROM installed using the thread here:

It would be great if someone could write a simple 'HOW-TO' replace your ROM on a rooted ZTE Score X500. Just so many slivers of information in so many different articles and sites/threads it's tough to put it all together start to finish.
    CWM for the score wont be in rom manager until its dev creates a github account n pushes his device configs to it n submits it to koush for official build.

And I dont have the phone so its hard for me too do much with/for it.

And why did dude build CWM 4.8.0.8 instead of 5.0.2.7? lol

Banned

Customer Since
    Spet 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit74 View Post

dude if u took dat link off of one of my earlier post dat link was only to help sum1 flash the recovery.img dats all not to flash the ROM. in order for you to flash the ROM or backup the ROM you have to boot the phone up in recovery by holding down camera button + volume down button and pushing the power button be sure to keep holding down camera nd volume down until the recovery splash screen cums up.

1. Rom manager isn't listed for ZTE Score

2. You can flash the recovery with root toolbox or flash_image as long as you place flash_image on your device in data/local/bin via Root explorer or adb. Then just open terminal emulator on your phone and type "flash_image recovery '/sdcard/recovery.img'" this can also be achieved through flash recovery in root toolbox. Hold volume down + camera and then press the power button to boot into recovery or use terminal emulator to type "reboot recovery" to check if cwm is there.
    P.S. it is version 5 not 4 I have no idea what you mean by that.
    Source:
    http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/15/how...lready-rooted/

3. Does anyone have an answer to my question?

Last edited by Jesse Lee Fleming; 01-12-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Lee Fleming View Post
    1. Rom manager isn't listed for ZTE Score

2. You can flash the recovery with root toolbox or flash_image as long as you place flash_image on your device in data/local/bin via Root explorer or adb. Then just open terminal emulator on your phone and type "flash_image recovery '/sdcard/recovery.img'" this can also be achieved through flash recovery in root toolbox. Hold volume down + camera and then press the power button to boot into recovery or use terminal emulator to type "reboot recovery" to check if cwm is there.
    P.S. it is version 5 not 4 I have no idea what you mean by that.
    Source:
    How To Flash a New Recovery Image (If You Are Already Rooted) | TheUnlockr

THANKS! Was not able to flash Recovery no matter what I tried (ROM Manager needs an update for the Score as you know, and could NOT get into stock recovery...) But your quick rundown got me seeing that beautiful CWM Recovery screen finally!

Now for CWM7!! :-D

Banned

Customer Since
    Spet 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

wat exactly are u tryin 2 do??

if everyone that needed help just went to my thread the one that says IF ANYONE needs help zte x500 then we wouldnt have this problem and deff wouldnt have a bunch of messes on the website try to keep the website clean so ppl no where to look when they need help

Overall activity: 8.0%

still looking for testers?

I can't get my phone to boot into recovery it says I have CWM 3.0.0.5 installed and I can't seem to get CWM 5 installed. When I do "Then just open terminal emulator on your phone and type "flash_image recovery '/sdcard/recovery.img'" this can also be achieved through flash recovery in root toolbox."
    I says I don't have permission to do it.

Customer Since
    03/2011
    Phone
    Chelsea S III

On the thread index page, there is a topic/thread that shows how to flash cwm5. I am running cwmr 5.0.2.7 on my ZTE Score. I have successfully flashed both of PG's custom ROMs so it is possible. I'm now waiting for CM7 on CM9. ICS!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by slycknyck; 01-15-2012 at 12:48 PM.

did u type su before u tried the commands????

Quote Originally Posted by Kenndell Dunaway View Post
    I can't get my phone to boot into recovery it says I have CWM 3.0.0.5 installed and I can't seem to get CWM 5 installed. When I do "Then just open terminal emulator on your phone and type "flash_image recovery '/sdcard/recovery.img'" this can also be achieved through flash recovery in root toolbox."
    I says I don't have permission to do it.

...You can flash the recovery with root toolbox or flash_image as long as you place flash_image on your device in data/local/bin via Root explorer or adb....
    I don't mean to be over analytic here but even in what you quoted you can see I said flash with root toolbox if flash_image isn't working for you, also it needs to be place on the internal memory at the address specified above and root explorer can fix permissions for you if you are having issues with flash_image but I believe using root toolbox would just be easier for those of you having trouble.

I found out what was going wrong, I had to go into system32 and delete some .dll files and reinstall them so my pc would see my phone. I have CWM5 on my phone now.

Customer Since
    03/2011
    Phone
    Chelsea S III

Any news???

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information