Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 5.0%

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

root for zte score when nothing else works

taken out because ppl keep whining about my help
    Last edited by Alice Kelly; 07-10-2013 at 02:45 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

I'm sorry but that makes no sense Lol

In the step where you say to type su why would root be granted? The phone would not be rooted at that point and root access would not be granted. My guess is the su binary file (not the app) was already installed. Most likely by poot which you had stated in another post to have tried before this

And yes poot does work on any zte score. If it doesn't then there was a (most likely operator) error. Which all you'd have to do is uninstall everything involved in the poot method and give your phone a reboot. Then try again. This has and does reliably worked on thousands of zte scores cricket or metro pcs version.

Anyway sorry if I sound like I'm trying to be rude that's not my intention I'm just trying to keep the spread of misinformation down Lol

Trust me when it comes to this phone I definitely know what I'm sayin Lol

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by stedman420 View Post
    I'm sorry but that makes no sense Lol

In the step where you say to type su why would root be granted? The phone would not be rooted at that point and root access would not be granted. My guess is the su binary file (not the app) was already installed. Most likely by poot which you had stated in another post to have tried before this
    i manually installed su bin from the play store but it wouldnt do anything because it didnt have root. when i typed su the prompt changed from $ to # meaning i had temp su status to do other things.

im finding things out as i go though because the phone i have has a baseband that doesnt work with anything. its in another post that the baseband ending in 10 is fooked

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok the su binary file can not be installed from playstore. That's what poot installs to /system/xbin.

The Superuser app can be installed from playstore and this is mentioned in the poot post for that step.

The Superuser app will grant other apps on your phone root access while your phone is booted up using the su binary file.

Now while the Superuser app is very much needed for a phone to have proper root while it's booted up the app is not needed at all by adb to grant root access only the binary file is.

This is why I believe that poot did indeed push the su binary file to your system but either Superuser app was not installed or there was an error during the apps installation. In which case an uninstall, reboot, re-install should fix.

Oh and if your baseband ends in 10 then Stripped Mod V3.0 should work for ya as well as Ovrdrive's Xperia Rom. And if you asked me nothing else is worth installing on this phone unless you don't like smooth, stable, and fast(not to mention features) Lmao

If those two roms don't work let me know though cause that prob means your phone is not properly and/fully updated

Hope this helps

regaurdless of how su got there i tried poot and the other roms first, not after. what got me root was the universal. kitchen stripped and experia all sent the phone into zte boot loop. so no matter what baseband they dont work and i found another way

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Yes as I said you ran poot first wich is what installed the su binary. Which IS what gave you root. Not the other method which is not meant for and will not root this phone.

I'm not debating this you I'm telling you the FACTS.

So for anyone else following you can try this root method and fail or follow the trusted, supported, and verified Easy Root method that has worked on thousands of scores.

And for your troubles with Stripped Mod well it's easier if you'd tell me what version you tried as that makes a world of difference but this is not the correct place for that Lol So for any rom troubles please refer all probs or questions to that roms thread and I'm sure you'll get the help you need.

ok dude, im a liar. i didnt use oneclick or zergrush long before trying poot. since none of them worked on this phone. (anyone of them could have pushed su). and they didnt give error messages and no root anything. rootchecker of the play store was telling lies. only you are right in this huge universe and only you matter. and when i typped su purple monkeys flew out of my colon . it was magic that rooted my device. i must have been smoking crack and simply imagined i used any rom at all

i had a problem that only occured on a certain phone with a certain baseband with a certain kernel. my wife has the same phone but different baseband and it rooted with zergrush first try. im sorry i bothered to stop and tell anyone my experience since im so wrong i cant possibly deserve to live in your solar system

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Yeah ok continue not listening and not having a clue what your doing Lol

This thread should be removed though as it's incorrect and did not contain all the facts. Like that you had tried many different methods and you really don't have a clue what worked Lol

Nor from the sounds of troubles your having would you have a clue how to return your phone to unrooted stock to even cleanly attempt to root your phone again Lol

And look around dude you are the only person out there with a magic score that nothing works on Lmao

Anywho good luck not bricking your phone and if you do don't worry I won't help

try zerg rush, use root check.....rootcheck says not rooted....move on. pretty simple. now do the same with oneclick and poot with same result. whats to listen to ? they didnt work. at that point research all over the web and keep trying. end result i found something that worked. i removed the thread, hope your happy you suck , go away troll

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

As if you'd know what troll means Lmao

Noobs crack me up Lmao

Thread Information