Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 3.0%

Score stuck in boot loop!

Using a S420 MOD (not sure if there is only one or not)

Things where running smooth until about a week ago and I am just now getting around to fiddling with it.

I can get to recovery mod
    CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7

And before its asked i did not a single thing new or changing to make it do this either. It was working at work and hours later i pull it out of my pocket to turn the ringer back on and it was off and never wanted to load back up.

-trying not to just flash a new rom and start over again is why I am posting. Does anybody have anything i can try?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Ok just a thought here and something I've noticed as my score gets on in age.

I'm guessing you have an sd-ext and enough apps installed that they won't fit in the internal mem. In other words more than 150MB worth of apps.

Now ordinarily this isn't a biggie Stripped Mod is setup well for this. However I've noticed a small hardware issue with the phone over time (not just mine but my neighbors as well) whenever the phone gets set down to hard or bumped wrong it will suddenly not read the sdcard which causes alot of issues with A2SD and moves everything from the sd-ext back to the data partition. Now if everything won't fit on the data partition this will cause the phone to boot loop or freeze at boot logo. And yes this has happened to me once just droppin my phone in my pocket Lol

So unfortunately right now the only way to fix this issue is to factory reset or do a wipe and re-install rom. Or in my case I just don't have many apps on my phone so they fit on data when this happens then I just use A2SdGUI to move em back.

However all these things suck just as bad as there's no way to prevent this from happening in our old scores. So when I get the chance(no promises though cause I'm swamped lol) I'll see if I can't put together something you can install or run in recovery to move everything back to the sd-ext and cleanup. This way there'd be a way to fix this issue without data loss.

Hope this helps

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 3.0%

OK i guess reset it is.

And with A2SD i have never been able to get it to work right no matter how long i tried fooling with it or which rom i used.
    I always have to install APPS2SD app and manually move things over. But yea it maybe too many apps on the ext-sd since the int has practically nothing

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

since i have the ext-sd do i use the odexed or the other rom?

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

If A2Sd is not working on Stripped Mod then you don't have an sd-ext. You can partition your sdcard with an sd-ext using rom manager from playstore but back it up your sdcard on a pc first cause everything will get wiped out when you partition.

If you have an sd-ext then you can use the A2SdGUI apk in stripped mod to move or verify what's on your sd-ext. The best part about stripped mod though is you shouldn't have to do anything Lol if you have an sd-ext my rom will take care of everything on first boot. And then all apps and dalvik-cache go to your sd-ext thereafter. Unless you factory reset then you gotta move everything yourself usin A2SdGUI.apk and if you factory reset A2SdGUI will not display anything under it's info tab.

So my advice is if you factory reset you may as well re-install the rom Lol

As far as Odexed vs DeOdexed it doesn't matter which you install they both function the same and have most of the same features aside from you can't turn crt anims on/off on the Odex version. It's more a personal pref. The Odex boots way faster and is recommended for those without an sd-ext but is not easy to theme or mod. The DeOdexed rom takes longer to boot but is way easier to theme or mod

Oh and I strongly discourage using apps2sd or any other native android method to move apps to your sdcard if you have an sd-ext and are usin A2Sd as this will only cause issues. It's just some apps will become completely discombobulated if you do this. However if you have no sd-ext use what ya can to get the job done

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Thread Information