Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score

so i can delete that ghost commander, hackers keyboard and system clean up?

i also had the same problem where i rebooted my phone, and it got stuck in the stripped mod logo, i took the battery out and it would stick there too, until i re install the rom, i didnt change nothing to it so i wonder what happened? like i said i reinstalled the rom to have it working again but with a clean copy of the rom now as in a fresh download

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Re: Stripped_Blue_Mod Custom Rom Mod For Rooted Score Users

Quote Originally Posted by beto0216 View Post
    so i can delete that ghost commander, hackers keyboard and system clean up?
    Yes you can get rid of these but you'd need to replace ghost with another file manager or you won't have one. Same with the keyboard. However the keyboard has a lib file so try using one the installers/removers I have posted here

Pinch-Zoom for Browser, MetaMorph Themes, and More For Rooted Score Users

Hopefully that helps

Quote Originally Posted by beto0216 View Post
    i also had the same problem where i rebooted my phone, and it got stuck in the stripped mod logo, i took the battery out and it would stick there too, until i re install the rom, i didnt change nothing to it so i wonder what happened? like i said i reinstalled the rom to have it working again but with a clean copy of the rom now as in a fresh download
    I'm currently lookin into this and have an update comin soon that should fix it

Thanks for the feedback and I hope this helps

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Updated op

Last edited by stedman420; 01-21-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Updated op

Last edited by stedman420; 01-21-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

Quote Originally Posted by stedman420 View Post
    Ok one more small update. I've found a fix for the current issues with the CRT on/off animations. Just install this zip from recovery.

CRT Fix

http://db.tt/iPjl3IWE

Remember though CRT currently only works on the de-odexed rom. I will however include it in the odex rom as soon as I can update the op. Wich I will try and do here soon. Also remember to turn crt animations on to enjoy this effect without any probs with the screen waking from sleep(Woo-Hoo lol). Oh and if you missed the update in my post above this make sure to grab it as well. CRT became easier to turn on/off with that update.

Hope this helps

To anyone curious all that's in the above fix is the libsurfaceflinger.so I ported over from an lg optimus q I have. And again I'm sorry this is all posted here for now I need to redo the op and don't have the time right now. However I will try to get to it in the next couple days.

Sweet now I can add this fix to mine. I hehe

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

I've completely re-wrote the op and updated Stripped Mod to V2.4. You can now check changelog in op for changes. There is no simple update for this one (sorry) instead I recommend a fresh install. And it is worth it lol.

This rom is still on the older baseband and kernel but I've added an updated boot image in the download links on op for those runnin the latest baseband and kernel.

I will be redoing the rom with the complete updated files as soon as I can get my hands on a pc but at this point that's lookin like it's gonna take awhile. However not to toot my own horn but I think this is prob the fastest, lightest, most stable stripped mod yet. Especially the odex version lol.

I've also removed the MM themes from op for now till I can update them as they're badly needing it lol

Enjoy

Last edited by stedman420; 01-31-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Customer Since
    Mar 2009

Hi Stedman,

Thanks for your contribution to the ZTE Score. I used to have a decent phone, but after it went through the wash, I decided to cheap out on its' replacement. The stock ROM was abysmal with the stupid UNO and other things that would fire off with no hope of removing them.

I've been using Stripped Mod since v2.2, but I am having an odd issue:

I did a complete reset with my then-v2.3 (Updated v2.2) OBEX install, and reset. I let it load once, then dropped into ClockworkMod 6.0.1.1 and issued a V2.4 zip update over the system. It was successful. I then added the 'stock' Android keyboard in parallel with 'hackers' keyboard.

Everything /seems/ to be working OK, except Google Play. Random applications are failing with 'Package File Invalid', such as 'Bank of America', and 'PayPal'. I have not attempted to sideload them.

I did go through my settings, gave the phone a nickname, and saw that the programs were compatible from the Google Play website via browser, but it still fails with 'Invalid Package'..

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

I just tried installing PayPal from google play on my phone and had it download and install fine. You might try re-installing the latest rom version and try again if the problem persists I can pm ya links to the apps to try sideloadin them

Hope this helps

Customer Since
    Mar 2009

Hi Stedman.

I figured it out. For some reason my Google profile (despite new) got corrupt and it was randomly crapping out on me. I did a reset on V2.4 and reset my credentials, and it is magically working again. Flash 11.1 works, too. Let me know if you need the APK for future integration!

The CRT animations (like an old CRT) are awesome in v2.4. I've been randomly clicking the power button just to relive the era.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

does the configuration work on it. i have flash 11.1 and config doesn't load up. if it does toss me a link pls so i can add it into my xperia rom

was skeptical at first, never done anything besides rooting my phone, I got it working first try ^.^, phone is so much faster now. Thanks alot Have a great day!

Random question: Any way to uncap data usage limit on the zte? 1Gig of usage is so little >.<

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
    I figured it out. For some reason my Google profile (despite new) got corrupt and it was randomly crapping out on me. I did a reset on V2.4 and reset my credentials, and it is magically working again.
    Glad to hear your running smooth again

Quote Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
    The CRT animations (like an old CRT) are awesome in v2.4. I've been randomly clicking the power button just to relive the era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphects View Post
    was skeptical at first, never done anything besides rooting my phone, I got it working first try ^.^, phone is so much faster now. Thanks alot Have a great day!
    Sweet glad to hear it's holdin up to the hype lol And thanks for the feedback it's always appreciated

Random question: Any way to uncap data usage limit on the zte? 1Gig of usage is so little
    Nope there's no way around that sorry.

Last edited by stedman420; 01-31-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Random question: Any way to uncap data usage limit on the zte? 1Gig of usage is so little >.<
    you can always pay for more full speed usage. cricket will only slow you down, not cut you off

Customer Since
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by OvrDriVE View Post
    does the configuration work on it. i have flash 11.1 and config doesn't load up. if it does toss me a link pls so i can add it into my xperia rom
    Hi OD,

This isn't the latest, but it works OK on my Score:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...er_pre_ics.apk

Ok, so it looks like I got the stock recovery flashed, and ran the update successfully, but I'm not sure about the update procedure after installing your ROM. Do I need to run the update if I'm on the new baseband after flashing the ROM, or is that included in the latest version?

Also there seems to have been a mixup between what you said in the notes section about the de-odex and odex versions. I'm assuming the odex version is the lighter, non themable one, and the de-odex is the one with the themes that has less memory (and maybe runs a little slower, idk), right?

I think I got confused cause the odex version is named D and the de-odex one is named O.. Anyways, something seems inconsistent between the notes and the d/l links, people might benefit from a careful re-editing of the versions.
    Last edited by Al Binewski; 02-02-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information