Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Mar 2009

Al,

If you are on the new baseband, install that ZIP immediately after installing the update, and before rebooting (as I read it).

OvrDriVE,

I have tried to paste the URL and for some reason my response continually gets lost. Google Search for "Flash 11.1 Android Pre-ICS", there is a direct link to a macromedia.com download (not the most recent build), I believe it is 11.1.24, and it works fine for me.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Gotcha, thanks.. And I added another question/suggestion about the different versions in edit.

Edit: YAY! started by installing the stock, and installed the O version of your mod, and everything seems to work pretty good so far except the google play search isn't showing my entered text. I'll try de and reinstalling it and see if that fixes it.
    Last edited by Al Binewski; 02-02-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by Al Binewski View Post
    Gotcha, thanks.. And I added another question/suggestion about the different versions in edit.
    Lol yeah I had the descriptions on the download links backwards lol Thanks for catchin that it's now corrected

V2.4-O is odex

and

V2.4-D is de-odexed

EDIT:

Edit: YAY! started by installing the stock, and installed the O version of your mod, and everything seems to work pretty good so far except the google play search isn't showing my entered text. I'll try de and reinstalling it and see if that fixes it.
    Google Search isn't installed in this rom but you can download it from play store

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by stedman420; 02-02-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Dang, bad timing. Just edited about gplay store.. Not really sure on second thought if I should deinstall it. Will it revert to android market and let me re-upgrade to google play store?

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Dang, bad timing. Just edited about gplay store.. Not really sure on second thought if I should deinstall it. Will it revert to android market and let me re-upgrade to google play store?
    If your havin alot probs with google play try a factory reset from recovery or re-install rom but make sure to wipe data/factory reset in recovery before installing rom. Then (if you've upgraded to the latest baseband and recovery) install the upgraded boot image. Then just reboot your phone. First boot does take a while though.

Edit: this rom comes with an updated version of play store and is the only version installed

Hope this helps

OK.. reset from recovery and all seems good with the play store search. Thanks so much for all your help, all you've done with your mod, and I also think it is pretty cool how you did updates for the other mods for the latest baseband!

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

OK.. reset from recovery and all seems good with the play store search. Thanks so much for all your help, all you've done with your mod, and I also think it is pretty cool how you did updates for the other mods for the latest baseband!
    No prob glad I could help and glad to hear your up and runnin smooth

Hackers keyboard prediction problem solved: went to app store and downloaded english language pack. The system information tab on app2sd appears to be broken (someone mentioned an alternative to that I've gotta find, can't remember it).
    Last edited by Al Binewski; 02-03-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

There's nothing wrong with the keyboard that's just how it is. It will show predictions when your doin most things though. And as far as the dictionary what you're talking about is the user dictionary. This is where you save words you type that aren't recognized by the keyboards dictionary. My advice is to try another keyboard as some of the others are geared more for predictive text.

And for the A2sdGUI.apk I'm not sure what the prob is there. What do you mean broken? Mine is workin fine. However the only thing it shows there is how much space you have left on your sd-ext, internal mem, ram, and cache. Wich all of that info can be gained in several ways anyway.

It just doesn't show anything on that tab, even after refresh.. IDK..

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok yeah that could be from the factory reset you did might of messed up some of the a2sd settings. It shouldn't hurt nothin but the apk might do that. If anything just do a wipe data/factory reset from recovery and then re-install rom that should fix any probs you're havin.

Bah, Ive done too much app installation and configuration at this point to want to lose it for that screen.

I went and d/led the language pack, and hackers still isn't giving me any predictions, so idk.. I might try un and reinstalling it now that I have swiftkeys.

OT: I like the hackers one bc even though the keys are smaller it feels like I get into less correction situations than swiftkey. You got any recommendations for KBs that are accurate like Hacker's and that have good prediction abilities? I like swiftkey like i said, but it feels like the keypress detection is off center (like I have to train myself to press farther left than I should, similar to the stock keyboard), and it makes me nuts that i have to double tap shift to uncaps when I mistakenly hit it.
    Last edited by Al Binewski; 02-03-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

I have a keyboard installer in the download links in op. You might try the TouchPal keyboard in there.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

Bah, Ive done too much app installation and configuration at this point to want to lose it for that screen.

I went and d/led the language pack, and hackers still isn't giving me any predictions, so idk.. I might try un and reinstalling it now that I have swiftkeys.

OT: I like the hackers one bc even though the keys are smaller it feels like I get into less correction situations than swiftkey. You got any recommendations for KBs that are accurate like Hacker's and that have good prediction abilities? I like swiftkey like i said, but it feels like the keypress detection is off center (like I have to train myself to press farther left than I should, similar to the stock keyboard), and it makes me nuts that i have to double tap shift to uncaps when I mistakenly hit it.
    funny your having swiftkey issues. i use it here on my phone and the tab version on my tablet without issue. i like it for the larger keys as i have large hands which make hacker's a pain to type on. anyway swiftkey works fine. might want to make sure you have current version installed.

Can I just install that from the apk, or does it need that lib that is in the other directory?

Or do I just flash the whole zip from recovery?

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by OvrDriVE View Post
    funny your having swiftkey issues. might want to make sure you have current version installed.
    You know, IDK if its the program, or just how this phone is, cause like I said, even the stock keyboard gives me that hassle. At first I was SURE I wouldn't like hacker's cause of the smaller keys, but it doesn't give me that left of center feeling and I have less problems having to delete miskeys. But yeah, I got swiftkey from the play store so pretty sure it is the latest. But I think its more likely a Score issue, or it might just be my brain needs rewiring, but I'm kinda mystified by why hacker's seems to work better (wish I could make it do predictions correctly).

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information