Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

flash the keyboards zip from recovery and select the keyboard you want to use. as far as it being a score issue i don't think so, it works great on my xperia rom for the score so no clue. i didn't like hacker's, you can always try one of the others or go back to the android keyboard again an available option from stedman's keyboard installer.

gotta ask if your using the free version of swiftkey or the paid version as it may be an issue with the free version. i know i don't have the issue which is why i ask

2. Remove this advertisement.

I just put on the paid version, but I'm gonna try out the other keyboard he mentioned (sad that it can only pull data from twitter which I dont use, though).

When I said it was a score issue I meant that it wasn't keyboard specific, I still have the problem with the stock keyboard. But again, could just be that I'm actually completely new to typing on touch keyboards, and I just have to wait till my brain adjusts.

That said, I'll probably switch to the paid after I see how I like stead's recommended keyboard.
    Last edited by Al Binewski; 02-03-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

could just be that you just need to find a keyboard that suits you. entirely possible. i prefer swiftkey but want the stock android keyboard until i install and setup swiftley. have tryed the swype type and don't like em. on my tab they work find but more screen realestate compared to the score. it's the small screen that throws you off. you get used to it though

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Hacker's keyboard has really good mis-type/double key correction. That's why it's seems more a straight touch lol cause it's good at makin up for it.

Now that said could we move the keyboard discussions to pm's or there own topic so we can keep this thread more on topic please and thanks

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Yup, apologies.. In fact, if you'd clue me in as to how to delete posts, I'll go back and clean up the ones that don't have relevance to anyone else.

Last notes: Touchpal still does it to me.. IDK. I'm just gonna have to live with corrections or no predictions with hackers. Eventually I'll decide which is the easier sacrifice I suppose.
    Last edited by Al Binewski; 02-03-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

No worries

And yeah it always ends up comin down to preference lol that and gettin used to the touchscreen lol

Supporting Member
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Quote Originally Posted by stedman420 View Post
    No worries

And yeah it always ends up comin down to preference lol that and gettin used to the touchscreen lol

Its funny this topic is even being discussed especially in this thread of all places. But Stedman can tell you all the headaches I've gone through with trying out ALL the keyboards there are. I hated the Hacker's Keyboard mostly because it reminded me way too much of all my teletype days in the military LOL So then he started turning me on to one keyboard after another and I gotta say both SWYPE and TouchPal are by far the best and I now have used on a regular basis the TouchPal keyboard and its gotta be about the smartest and fastest I have used. Looking back however, the Stock keyboard was really not all that bad. And then jumping off onto the Hacker's keyboard I was like seriously, you want me to text you when? LMAO The features of the TouchPal keyboard are far too numerous to list but I love the Neon skin that I downloaded to work with it. There are lots of skins to choose from and I'm not even into too much fancy stuff on my droid but that sure adds a whole new dimension especially if you're a heavy texter like I am. Anyways hope this post didn't add to anyone's confusion over keyboards but I do agree it all comes down to personal preference and how you're using your droid on a daily basis.

The Geekster

I'm having an issue now where Hacker's keeps making itself the default keyboard after every reboot it seems, even though I am set on swiftkey.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Binewski View Post
    I'm having an issue now where Hacker's keeps making itself the default keyboard after every reboot it seems, even though I am set on swiftkey.
    I sent ya a pm

I was reading about odexing system files around page 5 of this. Is is safe to do this with the google play store stuff? Don't see a lot of other options with the mod, since most of the system apps already say they are odexed.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

If using the odex version then all your system/apps and framework files are odexed. Then I recommend usin system cleanup to update and odex your system/apps. Yes even play store.

And if you don't wanna deal with the odex files then use the de-odexed version. After all there is both.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Stripped Mod V3.0 is out
    Light, Fast, Smooth, and Completely Stable. Do I really need to say more? Lol

Customer Since
    Phone
    ZTE Sonata 4G

Installed the latest de-oxed ROM and then it just went into a Reboot Loop

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    apr 2011
    Phone
    kyocera hydro

did you install the updated boot image zip for this rom before you rebooted? cause if not thats why your in the boot loop

Supporting Member
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Or more importantly (MAG is on the right track there) have you updated your phone to latest Baseband and Kernel version? The newest ROM expects you to have done that. If not then you will have to use the old boot image in the new ROM to get it to work right. Under your phone's Settings/About Phone your Baseband Version should read ZTE-C X500 _31_Z10_S_TS3BG312A_10 and Kernel Version should read 2.6.35.7-perf+zte@swlab-1t135 #1. If your Score is running with an earlier Baseband and Kernel version then please follow the thread:

http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...#ixzz2M8E8l4Rg

If you have updated to the newest Baseband and Kernel version then many times when there is a boot loop involved my experience has been that there has been a corrupted zip file along the way...........either the downloaded ROM was corrupted or more often than not it gets corrupted between your PC and Score and that will also cause havoc. So simply re-downloading and putting it back on your phone again will usually clear up the boot loop.

Also make sure you always do a facotry reset and wipe the davlik cache too before installing a new ROM or this could also cause problems with a new install.

The Geekster

<---------------- Click on the PayPal donate button if I was able to help you. All proceeds donated go to the further development of the
    ZTE Score X500

/ZTE Engage V8000 and to this web site. Thank you!

Last edited by geekster; 02-28-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Additional info

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information