Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hey, i was just messing around and noticed that there wasn't the live wallpaper picker, so i downloaded and installed it and it was just fine, but when i downloaded a live wallpaper from the play store and tried to open it, the live wallpaper picker force closed, then just a few minutes ago i used the live wallpaper picker that came with stark's theme and it forced closed. So i figure that it has to do with something in the ROM. Just thought that I'd let you know something that i found.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Thanks for the feedback I will look into this

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok I've posted a zip to help you out but imo the livewallpapers drain an already poor battery alot faster. Oh and for future reference the livewallpapers.apk and the livewallpaperspicker.apk have to be installed as system apps in order for it to work. Thank you for your feedback EddieG it definitely helps keep this rom as user friendly as possible. Hope this helps

Thank you very much

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

I've added an update for hacker's keyboard as the lib.so file was also updated. Hope this helps

Phone
    ZTE Score

Just a minor glitch that I don't know where it's coming from. Certain buttons on web pages are black. The "sign in" button @hotmail, "retry" on Google play failed to connect, "submit" for the cricketusers contest entry. Those are the only three I've found so far. Didn't effect their function just looks like a black box. Wish I ran your Rom as a stand alone first to be sure.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    Just a minor glitch that I don't know where it's coming from. Certain buttons on web pages are black. The "sign in" button @hotmail, "retry" on Google play failed to connect, "submit" for the cricketusers contest entry. Those are the only three I've found so far. Didn't effect their function just looks like a black box. Wish I ran your Rom as a stand alone first to be sure.
    Yeah these come from the theme being installed over it. I'm currently working on correcting this but it's hard to predict what changes the transparencies make with all the xml changes I'll see what I can do but there might be a couple of these left but your right function won't be affected. I might be able to fix it with some images that don't turn black after installing the theme. We'll see. I'm currently givin the rom an overhaul to clean it up some more but these things might occur with the drastic xml changes. But I'll do my best to make this rom compatible with most things. Thanks for the feedback it's always appreciated. And I'm glad you got it running smooth. Hope this helps

Phone
    ZTE Score

You're doing great just wish I could catch on a little quicker. Thanks for spending time on this phone
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-06-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Just tried using the camera and it says to insert a sd card? I went to Catlog tried to save and it said sd card not found. Plugged in usb couldnt connect. I powered off then on usb connected but wouldnt eject. Sd card is found by camera and such. Not real sure where I should have posted this now. Could problems arise from flashing too much? Thanks Stedman420
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-07-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Just tried using the camera and it says to insert a sd card? I went to Catlog tried to save and it said sd card not found. Plugged in usb couldnt connect. I powered off then on usb connected but wouldnt eject. Sd card is found by camera and such. Not real sure where I should have posted this now. Could problems arise from flashing too much? Thanks Stedman420
    No it shouldn't be from flashing. But I have noticed the sd quirk myself. It seems to happen to me the most when powering off and switching batteries. But if you reboot or hot boot it picks up the sdcard again. It seems to be a quirk of the device itself. And I've noticed the sdcard or data sometimes don't come on after booting the phone especially when I'm in a hurry to unlock the screen before the phones done loading. But again simply rebooting seems to fix it. As far as usb not disconnecting the adb was probably still running just use your task manager on pc to kill the process then it should let you disconnect your device. Just outta curiosity what where you doing when this occurred and was it right after a boot. My advice is to watch for the reading sd for errors icon in your notification bar when booting if you don't see it and phones not reading sdcard just reboot this has always worked for me anyway. And I actually ran into this the first time when I was still stock so I'm pretty sure it's just a little quirk of this phone especially during the times I've listed above. Hope this helps and would be glad to here anyone else's experience with this. Oh and no worries you can post here anytime feedback is what this phone needs most (well next to source). Thanks again and hope this helps.

Phone
    ZTE Score

This was the first sd card problem I've experienced of this sort. At the time I was typing my first post about the problem my battery was dying so I plugged into the computer. Then realized I didn't get a mount storage prompt. So I remained plugged during the reboot. Once booted I entered usb storage to make sure everything was still there, decided to delete old zip files then exit. That's when the eject failed

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

This was the first sd card problem I've experienced of this sort. At the time I was typing my first post about the problem my battery was dying so I plugged into the computer. Then realized I didn't get a mount storage prompt. So I remained plugged during the reboot. Once booted I entered usb storage to make sure everything was still there, decided to delete old zip files then exit. That's when the eject failed
    Not to sure on the sd issue on that one. I don't really get a chance to plug into a computer to often. My guess would be the phone was just to low on juice to fully connect right away or just to busy. But I do believe if usb debugging was already on and you rebooted while being plugged in adb probably kicked on in the background. Just a hunch but let me know what you come up with or if you run across anything else. Oh and sorry bout the lack of updating the rom lately but it still seems to be workin good and I've been adding some more to the blue theme and give some of the themed apps an overhaul also I've been cleanin it up a little more plus I've been busy with a guest as my son that lives outta state has come to visit for a week. But I should be done updating almost everything by the end of next week. So I am sorry if I've seemed slow to respond or update lately but I will be getting to it. Soon I hope to have this rom stripped down, blued, and ready for anything. It's already pretty much there thankfully. Anyway I hope I've helped in some way. And will still try to answer any questions or concerns as quickly as I can. So feel free to ask or let me know of any other quirks.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok the update was starting to come along and I was adding a couple features but unfortunately I have been unable to find a way to a cricket pay station. So unfortunately I believe this will be the last day my phone is on. So the updates might not happen as this has been my only internet connection. Sorry for this but as far as I know this rom is still running well and without problems. I am very sorry though if you have any questions after today and I don't answer. Hopefully I will be able to resolve this matter soon but at the moment things are lookin pretty bleak. Oh well this seems to be how things go sometimes. Hopefully though this rom, the other tools I've put out, and the info I've shared has at least helped others enjoy this phone as much as I have. I also would like to say thank you to cricketusers for such a great forum without this forum I would have got lost a long time ago. And a big thanks goes to indica for all your help and spot on feedback. Hopefully I will be talkin to you all again soon.

I truly do hope this helps

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok got my phone situation takin care. Just goes to show sometimes miracles do happen Also I've added an update for QuickPic as it has a new lib file. I'm currently working on updating the rom but this may take me a bit as I just don't seem to have any time lately. Plus it's hard to improve on something that runs so well. However I am thinking of removing photo editor and zarchiver from system/app list in the updated version hoping for some feedback on this though Hope this helps

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

yes, i agree on removing more stuff. was thinking about it and i like to build upwards when customizing. i like the stock rom most of all because then i can make it how i like it. but with a customization like this i like that it's already built in and and integrated instead of added.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information