Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

@indica Thanks for the feedback. I most likely will remove the photo editor. I figure this makes it easier for people to choose their own. However I will probably leave zarchiver as it's easy to use and will extract 7z, rar, tar, etc. And I do love useful tools. On this I was thinking of removing system cleanup but it does seem to make it easy to update system apks wether your odexed or deodexed and doesn't change their names. Which makes things way easier for me. However I'm thinking of adding zipthemer to system lineup but this would be the only addition as the rom is titled Stripped_Blue. Anyway I think I've blah blahed enough thanks again for the feedback

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    ZTE Score

I agree about the photo editor. I used it once awhile back And that was it. I'm just not a picture taker nor is this phone
    Is there a way to get the stock browser back. I really do despise dolphin hd.

Sent from my ZTE X500 Score
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-19-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    I agree about the photo editor. I used it once awhile back And that was it. I'm just not a picture taker nor is this phone

I most definitely agree. And thanks for the feedback.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok progress on the update has gone well. I'm almost done. I managed to borrow a friends laptop and I've successfully extended the power menu to include reboot and reboot to recovery. I've got crt off working well and I decided to throw in the accurate battery mod as well. I'm currently working on changing shutdown animation and putting all this together in an updated version of the rom. I hope to have it all ready in the couple a days maybe sooner (time permitted of course). Just thought I'd give a heads up of what's to come.

That sounds awesome I can't wait

Overall activity: 1.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Awesome job on this rom man!! Not sure wat the heck you did but you fixed my phone just shutting off for no reason. it would do it all the time. Even on the stock rom. I thought i had a hardware issue. Id not touch the phone for hours and it would shut itself off. with this rom it no longer does that and i now think i'll get it activated. Was gonna grab a Huawei Mercury this week but I see the development for that phone is garbage compared to this. This rom also runs stupid fast for a 600mhz processor. I really like that you give us the options to reinstall stuff too, like the live wallpapers. so kudos and keep up the great work!! I'm sure i speak for everyone when i say we appreciate it

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

I was also wondering if it was possible to make a 2.3.5 or higher rom for this phone or if you needed a stock 2.3.5 rom which I'm pretty sure this phone doesnt have?

Phone
    ZTE Score

Now that you mentioned it pizzaG I can't remember the last time my phone shut itself off with this Rom installed.

Last edited by Devicive; 07-26-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

i've rooted and fixed permissions on a few score and so far so good on the random turning off, i've had at least 5 stock score come into the store in the last week that were stuck on muve music screen boot loop. remember to backup your contacts regularly and write down your g-mail password somewhere safe!

Phone
    ZTE Score

Is it today....... where is it....... I'm feeling anxious for an update. Thanks a lot Stedman420 for keeping it fresh. You really make it interesting.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Sorry I haven't said much lately I haven't been feelin well and have a teethin 15 mnth old whose wanted my undivided attention lol

@pizzaG wow thanks it's good to hear the compliments and appreciation this was definitely not an overnight project I've pretty much had to learn as I went

@Devicive yes it will be sometime tonight I ran into a bit of a problem with crt off but now have crt on & off animations although there crazy fast and the phone doesn't seem to like to wake fully from sleep when plugged into computer (more on this later) but overall everything seems to be working great and fast as heck still So it will probably be ready for download late tonight or first thing in the morning depending on time zones of course

@All I most likely will be pulling the odexed version this is to make things easier as things progress on this phone. So I do recommend getting a sdcard that can have an sd-ext to save the most room. Although it shouldn't matter still as this rom is the lightest out there for this phone Also most likely tomorrow I will upload an un-themed version for the stripped mod just for those that want to have one closer to stock to start with although all my mods will be in place and you'll see no muve music screens still. Anyway thought I would also mention that installing anything else over the updated rom that replaces framework or jar files will cause you to lose the mods that I've added so be careful. I will also work on this when I get a chance. Hopefully this explains my silence and answers everyones questions. Sorry to keep everyone waiting but some of these mods took alot of writing in smali files and trial and error. There is no tutorial for this phone I'm finding out lol instead it took bits and pieces of to many to remember Thanks to zte and crickets lovely setup lol. Oh also just for laughs thought I would mention I've noticed cricket forgot image #50 in their bootanimation located in framework-res.apk's asset folder well I found it funny anyway. Just goes to show nobody's perfect Anyway gotta get back to the baby and put finishing touches on the rom. I most likely will be workin more on the theme in the near future So again it should be up late tonight or early mornin I like to run it through the paces before release hence why no one usually complains

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Sorry for the delay. The updated version is out. I recommend reading the notes on crt carefully it's still a little buggy for now. Also your most likely going to need to wipe data, cache and dalvik-cache. I recommend using titanium backup to backup any necessary data and/or apk's.

Last edited by stedman420; 07-27-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Score

the stock browser link is broken.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

the stock browser link is broken.
    Oops sorry I made a typo it should work now.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Everything's working and looking good. Thanks for your hard work.
    Was also wondering if there was an easy way to make this a pink mod for my wife.
    One more thing. I like the dial pad much better.
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-31-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Everything's working and looking good. Thanks for your hard work.
    Was also wondering if there was an easy way to make this a pink mod for my wife.
    Thanks for the feedback and compliment. I think pink would be a good idea for the next color. I hope to at some point offer several colors so why not pink next. However this might take me a little bit. Also thought I'd mention some of my other future plans for this rom. I will be bringing back the odex version soon. Along with a de-odexer of course. I plan on getting rid of the white background in the dropdown notification bar. I will have the un-themed version up soon. And hope to work on getting the bugs out of crt animations. I most likely will release the different colored versions as an entire rom and then will post a MM theme for that color on my other post as I complete them. This is just my attempt at bringing more options to us score owners. So thanks again I always appreciate feedback.

Last edited by stedman420; 08-01-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information