Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score

If I install Google maps from the market will that replace what I need? Thanks for your help and all your hard work.

zte score

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    If I install Google maps from the market will that replace what I need? Thanks for your help and all your hard work.

zte score
    Ok I've posted an update with instructions under the rom and other update links in op Hope this helps

Sent from my Sc0r3d using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Phone
    ZTE Score

Can't figure out this zip theamer thing.

zte score

Customer Since
    Phone
    rooted score x500

netflix

Hey stedman was going to let ya know that i have had ur rom installed for quite sometime. I recently got netflix and went to watch it and it was all choppy laggy bad. Well thought maybe it was that apk version so i went and tested every netflix apk version to date with no success. I then got to thinking maybe its the rom so i dled every rom u have and one by one tested them with the same choppy laggy results. I about gave up thinking netflix is just not meant for the score. When i thought why not try one more rom exile kitchen. I flashed it installed netflix and pow it works flawlessly. So not sure if its a specific program in ur rom or if its the framework or wat. But i thought i would let ya know just in case it came up in future. If u have a fix def let me no i will flash ur rom back. Thx

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanskinner1980 View Post
    Hey stedman was going to let ya know that i have had ur rom installed for quite sometime. I recently got netflix and went to watch it and it was all choppy laggy bad. Well thought maybe it was that apk version so i went and tested every netflix apk version to date with no success. I then got to thinking maybe its the rom so i dled every rom u have and one by one tested them with the same choppy laggy results. I about gave up thinking netflix is just not meant for the score. When i thought why not try one more rom exile kitchen. I flashed it installed netflix and pow it works flawlessly. So not sure if its a specific program in ur rom or if its the framework or wat. But i thought i would let ya know just in case it came up in future. If u have a fix def let me no i will flash ur rom back. Thx
    Sorry I haven't updated anything in a while but I've been really busy lately and haven't had much time for anything android. However I'm getting close to being done with updates. Actually if your interested in testing it in the next day or two to see how video's workin give me a pm.

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Phone
    rooted score x500

ya sounds good

Ya i will go through the odexed rom and see if i can find something. I will be testing the netflix 1.7 apk. Seems the newer netflix 2.1 apk has some new issues. I will pm ya with results bro.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok Stripped_Mod_V2 is now posted in op. I've added most of the changes to the list of things in the rom and placed a √ in front of anything new to V2. This will visually look about the same however it's of course on the 06 baseband and has had my mods applied to the apks from that version(no I didn't re-use the old ones) plus other new tweaks have been added throughout rom. I've also fixed all the mentioned bugs with the last version(I think anyway) But I am looking for feedback on how video is doin on this version so I can try to get it up to par for everyone. Any feedback on anything is always appreciated though. Anyway hope this helps and enjoy

Edit: I will try and upload screenshots of how it looks on startup now in the next couple days. However they really won't look much different aside from the transparent app drawer so it's not top on my list right now.

Last edited by stedman420; 10-21-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok I'm real sorry my bad I made a big ol tired mistake. I just noticed the wrong mms.apk ended up in the rom instead of the one I listed in the op. My experimental mms.apk ended up in the rom and will fail on ya along with force closing when trying to go to settings in the apk. So I'm posting the one that was intended to be in it under the rom download. Please make sure to wipe cache and dalvik-cache before installing it in recovery it should work fine afterwards. For those on the odex rom the zip I've uploaded is a deodexed version of the apk but should still work fine for ya plus you should be able to re-odex it using system cleanup. If you run into any probs with it on the odex let me know and I'll see about posting an odex version as well. But it shouldn't be needed. Also if you currently have a failed message in the mms.apk then make sure to clear it out before installing the right one or you still won't be able to send a message till it's cleared. This is definitely why though I make sure to run what I upload. Once again I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and I will try to re-upload the rom today again as well with the right apk. And if you run into any probs with this just post here and I'll help ya out.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok I've re-uploaded rom now titled Stripped_Mod_V2.1 I will go ahead and leave the Mms.apk up for a couple days in case anyone got stuck with V2. After that it will be removed to cut down clutter on the post. Also at this point beings I'm apparently the only one who noticed the error I made and there's been no other comments I would say this rom has definitely lost it's popularity so probably won't be receiving to many more updates. But at this point all the bugs with the original I've noticed and others have pointed out have been fixed. Feedback is critical for the continuation of any project. Without feedback it makes hard to tell how to move foward with a project no matter who's workin on it. Anyway food for thought I guess. Hope this helps

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

lol, guess i'm glad i hadn't got around to installing v2. now to go get v2.1 and try it. thanks man

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Yeah it was one of those shoulda been sleepin instead of tryin to push through to get it uploaded lol oh well guess it happens. I am curious though if it's just me or if scrolling and pinch zoom and such has smoothed out quite a bit I don't even get lag when erasing long lines of text anymore. Plus I'm hopin I've got video to be a little smoother too guess we'll see

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

nice work. seems extremely fast and responsive. alot better then mine. 33% mem used after initial boot(boot time first boot is almost double what i am used to). 12 meg internal used with 136 meg free. very nice. let me put it through it's paces for a few days and will see if it's worse or better or the same. hehehe

couple initial recommendations.

1. readd quickboot (really don't want to wear out my power button)
    2. transparent background on the power widget would be nice
    3. just my opinion but drop zarchiver(most will never use it)

maybe a glitch, maybe just reporting wrong battery lvl. was at 33% when i did rom. suddenly jumped to 37%, after 5 minutes or so it dropped back to 33%. will keep watching it and see if it continues.
    Last edited by OvrDriVE; 10-21-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Yeah I'm going to guess your usin the deodexed version first boot will take a bit but the dalvik-cache now starts on sd-ext however anyone should have exactly the same memory used on the odex version after first boot it just boots a hair faster.

Yeah I pulled quick boot in the beginning mostly to show of the new power menu then just never put it back I guess I figured I'd leave it to others on what they wanna use everyone's got there preference on this one I suppose.

I too have been kicking around changin the pop-ups to some more transparent ones and the power widget as well good idea

As far as zarchiver I have kicked this around before I think I was talkin to indica about it somewhere in this post before lol and I keep runnin in circles. It hard for me to ditch such a useful tool you can open all kinds of archives with it including 7z, rar, tar, gz, and many more. Wich with android I've seen quite a few tar and gz files along with comin across rar files all the time online. But I guess it could be another one of those pick your poison things. I don't know more response on specifically this would be great as I use zarchiver on a daily but not sure about others.

The battery thing is interesting to me cause it always seems to be readin exact(you can compare in settings/phone info) but I've noticed something similar a couple times after letting the screen go to sleep I woke it a little later to find I've gained 3 or 4 % but it doesn't seem to be cause a drain or any other ill effects and was always readin 100% accurate when I've checked then tested and checked and so on. But if you notice any ill effects or it's not readin accurate let me know and I'll take another look at it no prob

And thank you Ovrdrive responsiveness is somethin I really picked on so glad its noticed and thank a mil for your feedback it's much appreciated

Last edited by stedman420; 10-22-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

the zarchiver thing is nice. i've never had a use for it. like i don't use ghost commander i use rootexplorer which btw has the ability to extract archives. which would probably explain why i've never had a need for zarchiver. i guess you want to make it functional for the average person. those like me will use something else but the average new user might not know otherwise and would technically appreciate the fact that those apps are there. personal preference i guess.

threw a few more ideas at ya to.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

@Ovrdrive
    Definitely personal prefrence I'm not a big fan of root explorer and I'm movin files back and forth on my sdcard alot so the dual panes helps me quite a bit. And this rom always been about easy to use and minimal apks. This is the other reason why system cleanup is in this rom you can put apks in system remove them from system change the whole lineup if you want. Here let me put it this way.

@Everyone who cares to read this novel

The original goal of this rom was to be a stripped down fully functioning base with great mem management and some extra speed and responsiveness so people could put whatever they like on this rom or ten of whatever they like or twenty and so forth. Wich it does seem to be doing quite well in that department which is also why I've added so many tools under the hood to so it can actually be used more like any other android by any level of user instead of being such a pain in the butt and not being compatible with almost anything or needing to know a bit about android to get it to do somethin that should be simple. It's kinda the anyuser rom that can be loaded with your choosing of stuff or will function great the way it is. Plus if someone is an experienced android user they'll love the tools they can now use. Hopefully it's accomplishing this goal or at least close to it. So to sum up this is anyone's rom. Put all your favorite stuff on or in this rom and it will run your choosing of stuff way better than any other rom for this phone so far. It has always meant to be a stripped down base for anyone. Just don't change my framework-res.apk it's needed Or if you decide to change the framework-res.apk you must replace the android.policy.jar and the framework.jar or you'll run into probs. Most all the rest of my mods and tweaks didn't take place in apks for this reason. So change it up switch everything else all around. I'm pretty certain you won't find a better rom to run all your favorites so well or so smooth at this time. This is why it no longer comes fully themed and all the apks are basic small apks that still can get the job done. Anyway enjoy and don't feel bad about changin apks cause that's what this rom was meant for hence Stripped Mod
    Hope this helps

Last edited by stedman420; 10-22-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information