Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What We Need...

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score

I've also tried sending emails to ZTE and they won't even acknowledge me cause I'm not a direct client of theirs.

Sent from my ZTE X500 Score

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Thought I'd post this just to show my progress so far with contacting gnu

Here's the last email I've sent so far. This was on 10/23 well it was technically I guess 10/24. The whole sorry it took so long is cause it took me a couple weeks to get back to them. I've been kinda busy anyway here it is. This is three different emails the one just sent, the reply I received, and of course the first message I sent wich got the reply. I'd like to thank stark for that one I pretty much copy pasted what he posted here to send. So these are in reverse order. Anyway just thought I'd give an update.

This is the most recent one I've sent 10/24 sorry if it seems cluttered

First I'd like to apologize for my belated response I've been extremely busy so far this month.

Now to answer your questions
    1) The we I refer to is me and many other fellow zte score (x500) owners on cricketusers.com forums among other score owners I know we actually have a post in those forums requesting that we petition for the source as there's many of us that would love to work with it. For more info on the post here is a link to it What We Need...

2) I personally have yet to get through to zte but have been in close contact with several others that have tried and so far the only response anyone has received is that they are unable to release source at this time. For more info on that please check the link I gave you there's a couple people at least that have posted the response they received from zte.

As far as being willing to help I currently have plenty of time and would be willing to do anything I can to assist in this matter. Hopefully we can get this source released. Also after do a little research online I've noticed zte has a bad habit of not wanting to release source. So any assistance in this matter would help alot. Also like I said I would be more than willing to help with whatever you need and know a few others that would be willing to do the same.

Thank you very much for your consideration in this matter and I hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    Chris Stedman

Joshua Gay via RT wrote:

Hello Chris,
    Thank you for contacting us. You state that, "we are asking that the ZTE company comply with these agreements as every other android manufacturer does." So, a couple of questions:
    1) who is the "we" you are referring to; and
    2) do you mean to say that you have contacted ZTE asking them to comply with the terms of the GPL? (If so, have you heard back from them?).
    If you are asking us to investigate this violation report claim, then please let me know if you may be available in helping with our investigation -- mainly in the capacity of helping us to gather information from the company's website, etc. I look forward to hearing back from you and thank you again for contacting us
    Sincerely,
    Joshua Gay >Licensing & Compliance Manager >Free Software Foundation

[stedmanchris420@gmail.com - Sun Jul 01 19:36:08 2012]:

To Whom it may concern:
    On or about September 2011 ZTE released the ZTE Score model number X500 which is an android platform device. ZTE has yet to release the source code for the above mentioned device. This is in violation of Linux GNU/GPL licensing. We are asking that the ZTE company comply with these agreements as every other android manufacturer does.
    Best Regards,
    Chris Stedman

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by stedman420; 10-24-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Now this sounds potentially good.

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

i agree, would definately help having the source.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Im sorry, but you all seem very intelligent, why use any of your energy on "The Score", it is by far the worst Android Device I have handled, I would rather use a Sanyo Zio or the pooriginal Ascend

Phone
    ZTE Score

Sorry..... This is a great priced phone for some of us who don't have hundreds of extra dollars to waste on a phone and for those who don't care all that much. It fits our needs for sure and I'm more than thankful for the people who care enough to do something with it.

Last edited by Devicive; 10-24-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    Im sorry, but you all seem very intelligent, why use any of your energy on "The Score", it is by far the worst Android Device I have handled, I would rather use a Sanyo Zio or the pooriginal Ascend
    Hey Mr.E you seem pretty intelligent and helpful to some however all you've done in the score forums is put others and this phone down. This is really not helpful or needed. I don't really see the point of you posting in the score forums just to clutter our posts with degrading comments and it would very much be appreciated if you stop as this is definitely not helping anyone. I just don't even understand why with the way you feel about this phone you even bother posting here at all. As I'm sure you have many other things you could do or others to harass. Thank you for your consideration in not posting any longer in the score forums.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    Now this sounds potentially good.

Quote Originally Posted by OvrDriVE View Post
    i agree, would definately help having the source.
    I'm definitely hoping this helps. I would also encourage others who would like to see source released to post here and hopefully I can get the person I've been in contact with to view this thread and see that there's others who want the same. Anyway just a thought. And I'm just trying to help and do my part for a phone that has nothing wrong with it aside the software issues we've been plaqued with. The kernel source could definitely bring this phone outta the gutter as there's nothing wrong with the hardware it's all software related. So post a comment saying how you'd like to see the source released and hopefully we can make a difference

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

you know at first i hated the score. the battery life was extremely garbage. and yes i agree it was a crappy phone plagued with issues(software issues not hardware). maybe you should check out stedman's work so far with what we do have available. you might be surprised. this so called worst android device you've handled might actually surprise you. the hardware is fine the software is garbage. thats why we need the source so we can make it better. wouldn't you like to see a stable working android system and device that doesn't cost you 500$. the score may be at the bottom of the fish pond. it may be cheap. and as you say may be the worst device handled. but you know what. i'd rather have the score then the ascend, ascend 2, or even the zio. just my 2 cents

Overall activity: 99.3%

Free install custom kernel zte score Download - Install custom kernel zte score for Windows

Maybe someone can check this out on a computer my phone isnt cutting it.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

Quote Originally Posted by lnr4e View Post

Free install custom kernel zte score Download - Install custom kernel zte score for Windows

Maybe someone can check this out on a computer my phone isnt cutting it.
    nice try but not what it claims it is. just brings up pointless results. and none of them pertain to our phone.

Overall activity: 99.3%

alright sorry about the spam. i cant do anything on the phone with the 35 dollar plan.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

Quote Originally Posted by lnr4e View Post
    alright sorry about the spam. i cant do anything on the phone with the 35 dollar plan.
    it's ok, i've seen it before on my pc and it's just a page that links to everything but what it claims it's for. you tryed. that counts for something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information