Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 13.0%

Will I lose Muve Music?

Hey all, I was just wondering if I was to root my Score and upgrade to ICS would I lose my Muve Music? Thx

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Is there an ICS rom for the score? As long as you keep the Muve music app and have your phone on the Muve plan you should be fine?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Thx mate, I think the Muve Music app is hard coded into the stock OS

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by eggytoasty View Post
    Thx mate, I think the Muve Music app is hard coded into the stock OS
    Yes the app is built into the stock rom. If you put ICS on there that will change the rom because the only way you'll get ICS is to put a custom rom on the phone. It's unlikely that the score will be updated to ICS through a Cricket upgrade. I may be wrong there, but my gut says it won't happen.

The muve apk is available on the forum though so it should be an issue for you either way.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Oh ok, so it shouldn't be a problem? I can use the custom rom, upgrade and then use the muve apk and I will be set? Yeah I doubt they will update to ICS too. thx mate

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Hey woof sorry to bug you but do you think you can let me know what posts I should follow to have a successful upgrade to ics and adding the muve apk? Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks mate.

I have Muve backed up with Titanium Backup. I am hoping that whenever we start getting ROMs for the Score, the backup will work 100%. If not, I won't be completely hurt. I'll make sure to report whenever that does happen, though

Quote Originally Posted by eggytoasty View Post
    Oh ok, so it shouldn't be a problem? I can use the custom rom, upgrade and then use the muve apk and I will be set? Yeah I doubt they will update to ICS too. thx mate

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Hey woof sorry to bug you but do you think you can let me know what posts I should follow to have a successful upgrade to ics and adding the muve apk? Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks mate.
    I didn't even know there was another ROM for the ZTE Score yet.

This thread might help with the Muve Music application: http://www.cricketusers.com/android-...music-all.html

OK, Lets get the facts straight. A cyanogen port is being worked on for the ZTE Score. The Score has been rooted (Step 1 to installing a ROM), a custom recovery has been created and confirmed working (step 2 towards installing custom ROMS, etc.). Also, when I was examining the file structure on the Score, it appears that there are 2 more services running that will effect Muve Music running on the stock or custom rom. One is the DRM specific to Muve Music. Another words, just making an installer backup of the Muve Music app is not going to be enough to have Muve Muve to operate correctly. You will have to make a backup of the other services that Muve Music requires to operate correctly. As for ICS rom source being ported, I wouldn't count on it, the Score is simply not built to operated ICS optimally, kind of needs at least a dual processor and better GPU to handle all the extra's. I have found an acceptable solution to at least get the GUI to look and run like ICS. You can find it on the Market, just search for "ICS". It runs great on the rooted Score!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by louozment View Post
    OK, Lets get the facts straight. A cyanogen port is being worked on for the ZTE Score. The Score has been rooted (Step 1 to installing a ROM), a custom recovery has been created and confirmed working (step 2 towards installing custom ROMS, etc.). Also, when I was examining the file structure on the Score, it appears that there are 2 more services running that will effect Muve Music running on the stock or custom rom. One is the DRM specific to Muve Music. Another words, just making an installer backup of the Muve Music app is not going to be enough to have Muve Muve to operate correctly. You will have to make a backup of the other services that Muve Music requires to operate correctly. As for ICS rom source being ported, I wouldn't count on it, the Score is simply not built to operated ICS optimally, kind of needs at least a dual processor and better GPU to handle all the extra's. I have found an acceptable solution to at least get the GUI to look and run like ICS. You can find it on the Market, just search for "ICS". It runs great on the rooted Score!
    As far as the muve working, youre off just a tad. The Muve app has all thats needed to run effectively. I say this because I had it running on a flashed evo 3d for an afternoon. Didn't load anything on the phone but the Muve apk.

Thread Information