Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Xperia-x500 Rom

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

unfortunatly because it now has a metropcs mobo it's most likely not compatable. stedman may know more about this though. but i don't think our cricket roms will work on it

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

man that sucks. I cant get the play store on here or anything. it has Market and when I try to download anything it tells me an error has occured and doesnt let me download anything. I was hoping for a rom replacement. maybe a factory reset will cheer it up. Thank you though

Well I just figured something out. I tried the stripped rom for older basebands and it worked. so as an experiment I had a backup of my cricket rom from the original motherboard and loaded it on the phone. It works. It was a backup I did before I updated the baseband. I wonder if I flash the original recovery for the x500 on here if I could do the OTA update and get the baseband I need loaded then install this rom everything would be great. Then I have to figure out the SPC 6 digit code so I can update all the settings on here and the PRL file.

Well I flashed what I thought was a stock recovery for the x500 ZTE Score and I tried the OTA Update and it downloaded like it was going to do its thing and then when it rebooted it flashed the screen and booted normally. I tried rebooting to the stock recovery and it doesnt boot to stock recovery. I flashed the stripped rom back to it but I wish I could get the baseband flashed so I can get this rom. I am open to any ideas.
    Last edited by antman1; 08-22-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

you got me man. your in uncharted waters as far as i know. i've never had any issues with my score. year and a half now and it still looks brand new so. i don't think i can help but keep posting. it may help stedman figure it out. best advice i can give ya.

Quote Originally Posted by OvrDriVE View Post
    you got me man. your in uncharted waters as far as i know. i've never had any issues with my score. year and a half now and it still looks brand new so. i don't think i can help but keep posting. it may help stedman figure it out. best advice i can give ya.
    Well I played with the stripped modded rom and got it perfect for my son and he is happy with it. I got the SPC and reprogrammed the settings for my sons service and all as great until I realized I could not hear him on the phone. thought maybe it was the rom, so I tried the original rom and same issue. popped it back open and realized the mic looks like it isnt soldered in very well. gonna give it a shot when I can find my soldering iron. But so far I can say that the roms for cricket work fine as long as the rom is for the older baseband if the phone has an older baseband.

I'll post back if I have any more adventures. lol

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

good deal. least ya got it working. wonder if you program it to cricket if you could ota it to baseband 10. might work since technically they are the same phone. crickert might send ya the baseband 10 version. don't want ya to brick it though it if doesn't work. anyway. at least ya almost have it working.

Quote Originally Posted by OvrDriVE View Post
    good deal. least ya got it working. wonder if you program it to cricket if you could ota it to baseband 10. might work since technically they are the same phone. crickert might send ya the baseband 10 version. don't want ya to brick it though it if doesn't work. anyway. at least ya almost have it working.
    ok my son is happy now. turns out I was right. just poor soldering job on the mic. did a touch up on it and it is working great now. I am using the metro PCS Case now for him with the Metro PCS Digitizer and the Cricket Stripped rom. Had to use a button remapping app to remap the buttons at the bottom because the home, back and menu keys were different. fixed that and it is good.

As far as updating the baseband with the original cricket rom on here I tried it but my original cricket rom was stripped from my first phone of a lot of the cricket stuff and I could never get the original recovery to load so after it downloaded the new update from cricket it told me it was going to update and could take 10 min or longer then flashed brightly on the screen when trying to go into recovery then rebooted back to the system. I think it could be done but my son is happy now with it the way it is. Thought I would post back because it seems MetroPCS x500 can take Cricket roms too.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

good deal. glad it's working.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

1.3 update out with some cool stuff. enjoy all

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

1.4 update out. sorry no quick update but to much changed. full install required

Customer Since
    apr 2011
    Phone
    kyocera hydro

thanks for the update i installed it and works great as usual. wish there was some stuff out for the kyocera hydro though. but great job my dad likes the notification toggles

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

good deal. glad it works for ya

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread Information