Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Xperia-x500 Rom

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

let me ask you this. what plan are you on? this seems to be a plan issue if your on something other then a 50$ or more plan, the 35 and 45$ plans don't seem to have a 3g data plan so mms doesn't always work right. as far as icons go. make sure your sd card loaded. i havn't had this issue at all so try a reboot. i can send you stock mms.apk and see if that helps(current one in rom is the fixed version playfulgod did and should not have any issues)

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Phone
    rooted score x500

I am on the $55 plan still "but" i knocked my plan down to the $45 plan starting next month on the 19th Nov. Umm as far as the icon issue I tryed over and over to reset the icons then i would reboot and lose them on next boot up. Mounted and unmounted sdcard several times with the same results. I replaced the launcher with the new adw ex launcher "updated yesterday" and no problems with icons. So maybe its my sdcard with the xpedia launcher. Ive got a stock mms.apk so i will try pushing it over with system cleanup or a quick flash and see if that will fix it. Thx for the quick response and again awesome rom man.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

btw that 45$ plan is gonna screw you. it has no 3g data at all. i don't care what cricket tells you it will or won't do. you need 3g to send or recieve pic and video mms and you won't get em. you'll also have to use wifi to access apps from the play store. just a warning. i dropped mine to the 50 muve music as it still allowed for 3g data.

strange as i have not had 1 issue with it at all. mms works fine. and not one icon has disappeared. have you changed anything as in used apk's from another rom by chance?
    Last edited by OvrDriVE; 10-31-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Customer Since
    Phone
    rooted score x500

Dang.. idk that. Guess ill stick with the $50 a month plan then. Thx u for the warning. Im not to worried bout data as im always hooked up to home or work wifi. Just mms is all i worry bout.

The only thing i did was removed all the cricket crap from the system as i dont use any of it. I took out the (file browser, task killer, dolphin browser,) and pushed in these full programs from apks - (root explorer, advanced task killer pro, dolphin browser mini, droid sail pro, lucky patcher.) That was all i got done so far.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

yeah i prefer root explorter as well but can't include it(paid app only) dolphin browser is updateable through play store now in case you didn't know. droid sail pro i'll have to go look at and see what it is. rest i can't include either. again paid apps.. the mms thing i personally think is just a cricket problem. once in awhile there either overloaded and it doesn't work right. i havn't had an issue yet though. the my cricket app was left in so people could check there accounts and data usage. the my backup was left in as well. it's something i use to store my contacts. i pay for it so i do use it. and some may want to. afterall the 45$ plan includes it. the 50 plan does not however. but yeah if you keep having issues with mms(again i havn't had one yet and no one else has said anything about it) try the stock mms.apk. i have it if you need it. let me know and i'll send you a link to it. otherwise glad it's working good for you. i have some minor updates coming soon to. changed lockscreen a bit. more like xperia's. and also redone the notification dropdown to be transparent white white fits the theme better. have more planned. just have to get time to do it. probably drop an update in a few days for these mods and maybe some more depends on what i get done.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Missouri $45 plan offers 1gig 3g before throttle unlimited everything.

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    Missouri $45 plan offers 1gig 3g before throttle unlimited everything.

i'd make sure thats the case. cause if you look at there web site it doesn't. but then again different areas may have different agreements. i know here in california it doesn't. and as far as cricket is concerned the score isn't even useable on the muve plan anymore so. wherever you live i'd make absolutely sure.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Well I've been paying $96 a month/ 2 phones for 3 months now. I don't ever use Wifi.
    Didn't ever purchase the muve music plan either. Too much money for music.
    Last edited by Devicive; 10-31-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

you may have been on the plan with that feature before they made changes in which case they can't remove features you had before. i wouldn't change it thats for sure.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Lol ok I gotta ask. Is this a rom thread or a cricket service thread lol

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

uhmm, uhmm, lemme think. cricket service thread oh wait. thats not right. oh yeah rom thread. yeah thats it. rom thread. lol

Phone
    ZTE Score

I was just thinking this needs its own thread.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

OK all here goes and i need your feedback

i'm thinking of replaceing more of the stock apps in my xperia rom. e-mail, music app, seperate video player. maybe adding a few more apps some may want so heres my questions and please leave me some feedback as it will help make this better in the end for all those who use it.

1. what e-mail app if any would you prefer over the stock app - one choice i am thinking of is k-9 mail?
    2. is the stock music player fine or would you prefer something like jetaudio basic, maybe winamp, or maybe poweramp if the free version isn't a trial version.
    3. what about a video player app? say maybe mobo player or mx player
    4. a camera app? 1 good choice might be camera 360 ultimate
    5. would anyone be interested in say having facebook or twitter apps integrated?
    6. would anyone be interested in having google voice integrated?
    7. how about a better sms/mms app - maybe handcent or another you may know of
    8. what about a better contacts/dialer app? something like exdialer(there are many others)
    9. would you like to have youtube readded or are you content with watching videos from the browser?

let me know all. help me make this better for you and everyone else. i'd really appreciate it.

Overall activity: 99.3%

I would prefer a all in one email app. If k9 mail can have three or more email accounts that will work hI. Pretty much any app that replaces the stock crap music player would be better I would say it would be your choice I havent looked into any yet. I like the mobo player pro but it can get a bit laggy even when optimized or vlc player for bit users. With the camera its your choice again never really use it. Facebook and facebook messenger would be good to have as stock and twitter never used it. Never used google voice but do it anyway. Messaging app handcent would be good. Contacts and dialer app exdialer looks cool and has alot of themes. Can you have skyfire as the stock browser cause it runs better when watching videos. Some other apps that I found if you can add them ram booster pro, alarm clock plus, ultimate call screen hd, swype, and cachemate pro. I appreciate the time your spending on this.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

ty for your feedback

ok first off, k-9 supports more then 3 e-mail accounts so i'll be adding it in next update
    music app, lets see if i can get a few more replys and hopefully some suggestions
    mobo has always seemed a bit laggy and had playback issues with some of my videos. tis why i personally use mx player. however i never thought about vlc(good recommendation btw) so may add it. as far as camera apps go, camera 360 ultimate seems to be the best all around free alternative. facebook and twitter were just added in 2.1 update. google voice replaces crickets voice mail service(nice addition and added again in my 2.1 update. am gonna hold off on an mms and dialer/contacts replacement for more feedback. will look into skyfire, now as far as the other apps you mentioned. all great ideas however i cannot add a paid version of any app into the rom(couldn't post it if i did) so. ram booster free sure. alarm clock plus doubtful. i have added in alarm klock(very nice lightweight alarm clock), ultimate call screen hd would be great if it worked right with our version of android and it doesn't(it adds a second step when recieveing a call). swype free good choice for replacement keyboard(doable) and cachemate, if theres a free version sure thing. appreciate the reply and your choices. will see what i can do. look for some of it in the 2.2 update.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information