Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Xperia-x500 Rom

Overall activity: 99.3%

Cool sounds good all the other apps I suggested all have free versions. I appreciate all the hard work.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    apr 2011
    Phone
    kyocera hydro

Love this rom!! Only one issue. Some of my icons are missing after I reboot but its not that big of a deal. Keep up the good work!! Can't wait for the next update!!

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

someone else mentioned missing icons. can you elaborate more on whats missing? as in are you refering to the fact that stuff from stock maybe missing after installing this? i can't replicate this and have yet to have an icon disappear so more info would definately be appreciated

Customer Since
    apr 2011
    Phone
    kyocera hydro

well the only ones that usually disappear are facebook, go sms, rom manager, and my ad blocker. none of my apps are missing just the icons. it seems to just be one of the ones ones that ive added not any of the ones that came on the rom. and a new problem is when you have the blue digital clock widget and you tap on it makes xperia home force close. hope you make sense of what i said

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

ty for clarifying it all. funny cause facebook is integrated into rom. i am adding facebook messenger in next update, go sms pro and go contacts i am debating on integrateing as well in next update. rom managewr not really sure why you have it as it doesn't support our phone. ad blocker is one i don't use but can check on it if you toss me a link to it on google play. the blue digital clock i just replicated. best i can do on that one is remove the widget. i don't use the clock so i never tested it but ty for pointing it out. i might be able to get a better clock widget to replace the one causeing the FC. appreciate the feedback as it definately helps me make it better.

ment to ask, are you running an sd-ext partition? i'm thinking it may have something to do with the a2sd stuff and the fact that it puts all the data on the sd-ext partition. i will test it in a bit without a sd-ext and see if anything disappears.

apparently i am mistaken about rom manager not supporting our device. last time i checked it didn't so my bad.
    Last edited by OvrDriVE; 11-27-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Customer Since
    apr 2011
    Phone
    kyocera hydro

no worries. and yea i do have an sd-ext partition. here is a link to ad blocker its for the free version
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pps.ad.blocker

by the way sorry for the late response but better late than never. and i actually use ex contacts and seems to work well on this rom. anyway thanks for the help

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

hmm, interesting. i actually use the one built into rom toolbox. basically same app just not all the extra stuff in rom toolbox. might actually integrate this into my next update. i have no clue why icons have disappeared. i have tested with and without an sd-ext. have tryed the apps mentioned by you as well as the other person and it's all there even after a reboot. this one has me stumped. i don't think it's the launcher although it very well could be and something with our phone it just doesn't like. not real sure. i have taken out the clock widget and have a digital clock widget to add into new update which should be available tonight or tomorrow hopefully. if i can get a little free time to get it done.(have 2.2 ready but not happy with it at all so) thank you for replying. you've been a big help. i definately appreciate it. anyway look for an update soon.

it just clicked as to what you meant by icons disappearing(hate being sick and in pain, sorry not 100% on thinking right atm). i've had this happen but only on a few specific apps and only after an update. i just readded em to the home screen or whichever you had them on and they were fine. not sure if it's a launcher issue or just an app update thing. either way just readd the program to your home screen or whichever you put it on and it should be fine.
    Last edited by OvrDriVE; 11-28-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

alright all. 2.2 posted. added alot of apps, replaced a bunch with current apps as well. what i didn't do was replace the stock mms, dialer/contacts, music/vid app. reason being is it just felt like it was taking away from the overall theme and look i have it at so far. it's still clean and fast. did replace stock e-mail with k-9 mail. check notes to see what was changed and added. hope you all like it.
    also posted a cwm update for skyfire browser and one as well to restore dolphin. enjoy.

Thanks appreciate the hard work I will download it later on when my phone charges. Also hope you feel better.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

got a doc appointment today so hopefully they give me something for this pain. anyway, hope ya like new stuff.

Customer Since
    apr 2011
    Phone
    kyocera hydro

First off hope you get to feeling better and second thanks for all the hard work you've put into this rom it makes this phone so much better especially since it is now discontinued. Looking forward to updating to the lastest version. Anyways thanks again for the help.

Definitely awesome I like the new apps that you put in. Its alot better having alot of the apps on the system it runs alot better. Thanks for another great update. I know this probably isn't the right place but what does it take to put the roms on goo manager?

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

thanks all, btw went to doc, got pain meds and muscle relaxers, hopefully they start to work. hurtin like this blows. anyway back to rom, you know i got no clue on goo manager. btw i actually have an update that includes replacements for contacts/dialer, mms, music and vid, camera. but chose not to drop it and dropped the modified version instead. to me it changed to much and the overall theme actually lost something. i did however drop an update for ya in4re for skyfire. and even integrated the ad blocker for mag1987. i didn't swap the stock browser as i like dolphin better. thats why i did an update for it. anyway, glad you all like it. hopefully next update i can get more then just app updates into it and maybe get the keyboard themed. maybe even the dialer. wouldn't hold yer breath for those anytime soon though. anyway just some things i am working on for the future.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

v2.2a ready.

removes the xperia clock widget as i forgot when i added digi clock widget
    also moved netflix as there was almost no system rom space left(42.3meg free now)

sorry all. was tired when i did 2.2 and missed a few things, this should fix em though.

Not a problem definitly appreciate it. This rom is awesome. My girl wants it but she has the prevaile and they dont have many rom that she likes.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information