Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Xperia-x500 Rom

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

Quote Originally Posted by stradlin View Post
    Thanks OvrDriVE- awesome work. Been playing with your ROM and am having trouble with app2sd. When I try to open it, it says it cannot start, due to not being rooted, missing libraries/scripts, or no EXT partition. Well, I'm definitely rooted, I installed app2sd via the install interface, and my SD card has a 512mb EXT partition created via Clockworkmod. Any suggestions? Have you run into the same behavior?

Thanks very much for your contributions to this forum! My Score is suddenly usable!
    are you refering to the a2sd stuff? or are you refering to an apps 2 sd app? as far as the cronmod a2sd stuff goes i had alot of issues and just got them fixed thats why they got readded to menu. havn't had any issues since. can you redo my rom and at the end of the install save and send me the log file it creates on your sd card. also if it's the cronmod stuff your referring to can you tell me the options you choose so i can try to recreate the problem..

2. Remove this advertisement.

Sorry- guess I wasn't clear. It's the app 2 SD app that I'm talking about. I was just playing with preinstalled items to make sure everything worked, and that one hung up.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

Quote Originally Posted by stradlin View Post
    Sorry- guess I wasn't clear. It's the app 2 SD app that I'm talking about. I was just playing with preinstalled items to make sure everything worked, and that one hung up.
    wait. which app 2 sd app are you referring to cause there isn't one that gets installed?

unless you added one
    Last edited by OvrDriVE; 01-02-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

v3.4 posted. let me know of any errors you run across plz.

Added a mirror also
    Last edited by OvrDriVE; 01-02-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Customer Since
    apr 2011
    Phone
    kyocera hydro

quick question. what are all the cronmod stuff for? im sure its something simple but im kinda learning most of this stuff as i go along. thanks.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

cronmod stuff does what dark tremors a2sd does. basically it's what lets you have all the extra space. knew these would be cause questions.

basically before i added the options the phone ran dark tremor's a2sd(apps 2 sd-ext) cronmod does the same thing just in several different ways. cronmod a2sd++ is same as dark tremor's a2sd. it works just like dt's thats why it's the default selection. int2ext does same thing but it'll actually show the extra space when you go into settings->applications->manage applications. the one you use is up to you but you could always try them all and see which one you prefer and use it. thats why so many choices.

Customer Since
    apr 2011
    Phone
    kyocera hydro

Alright that makes sense lol. Thanks for the clarification. I'm bout to install the lastest version. I'm pretty excited. And thanks again for all your hard work as well everyone else that let to the development of this as well as the other great roms for this device.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

let me know if you run into any issues as i had one in particular. but lets see what happens for you. hopefully not what i had as it was a simple fix but a pain.

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

Ugghhhh! i do not like building or modifying roms in linux. just a pain when your used to windows and it's been 10 years or so since you ran anything command line wise. lol guess it's time to learn though

Nice work... super nice to see something different load up. First boot, got tons of "application has stopped unexpectedly" errors. many apps. Second boot, only 2. Internal memory is full too. Reboots by itself.... ? .... What's going on here? 3 rd boot, no errors, tried to move apps to sd... rebooted by itself again. No music on boot this time.? What can I do to improve stability?

Seems to be stuck at boot up now.

Edit* Reboots whenever I try to move an app to sd. Getting low space error but in running services it says 63mb used / 311mb free. Seems to have space. Still getting some force close and stopped unexpectedly errors. Will keep you posted.

Edit2* Storage settings shows that I have 0.00b available space in internal storage. Help!

Edit3* Deleted some apps. Works well now. Going to bed. I'll check in here tomorrow sometime. Again, good work. I love it when it works!
    Last edited by Krsmqn; 01-05-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

Quote Originally Posted by Krsmqn View Post
    Nice work... super nice to see something different load up. First boot, got tons of "application has stopped unexpectedly" errors. many apps. Second boot, only 2. Internal memory is full too. Reboots by itself.... ? .... What's going on here? 3 rd boot, no errors, tried to move apps to sd... rebooted by itself again. No music on boot this time.? What can I do to improve stability?

Seems to be stuck at boot up now.

Edit* Reboots whenever I try to move an app to sd. Getting low space error but in running services it says 63mb used / 311mb free. Seems to have space. Still getting some force close and stopped unexpectedly errors. Will keep you posted.

Edit2* Storage settings shows that I have 0.00b available space in internal storage. Help!
    ok wait. i had this same issue with cronmod. which is why i debated on even adding them. i would suggest running dark tremor's a2sd. i know to fix the issue your having all i had to do was a batt pull and a reboot. pretty sure the problem exist where you've installed so much and cronmod hasnb't had a chance to run to create anything. your basically filling the space up and not lettiung it finish running what it needs to after 1st boot. again try dark tremor's a2sd. i hate to say that but technically i may just pull all the cronmod stuff as i don't like it and it's gonna confuse people. if it still happens with dark tremors then let me know and plz try to be as specific as possible with what you did. ie what options you selected, is everything fine on 1st boot until you do something specific and so on. the more info you provide the easier it is to help. also why are you trying to move things to the sdcard(these scripts automatically move everything to your sd-ext partition so no need to move anything) anyway. pls let me know.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

ok, have disabled all cronmod a2sd additions and enabled dark tremors a2sd as default and only option until i can figure out a fix and get them working. sorry all. i'm on it though. for now uploading new version with them disabled. for those that have the option to select them plz select dark tremor's until i can figure out whats wrong with them. pretty sure i have a good idea what it is but i have to check it.

Customer Since
    Jan 2013
    Phone
    Score X500

I have been trying to install this rom for 2 days now using multiple configurations through aroma. The problem I am having is no matter what I choose, my phone gets stuck in a bootloop as soon as I restart after flashing the rom. Can you help me figure out what it is that i'm doing wrong? I have flashed multiple roms on other phones, for myself, and other people, but I can't seen to get this phone to flash, with ANY other rom.

Any help would be appreciated.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

how long have you waited on 1st boot as it can take like 5 minutes. but thats cause it's building dalvik and doing other stuff in the background. i also have a new version i am uploading atm. almost done on mirror. not exactly sure it's a bootloop your on unless it's replaying the bootsound over and over. also if you selected alot of extra apps then you've overloaded internal storage and it's gonna be stuck. try a very minamal install. see if that works. again fix is done on my mirror. you can d/l it as it blocks all cronmod installs atm. once i figure the issue with them out i will unhide them.
    Last edited by OvrDriVE; 01-05-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Customer Since
    Jan 2013
    Phone
    Score X500

I have waited much longer than 5 minutes on first boot. I've tried installing with and without cronmod, and very minimal application selections as I know I can install everything manually after the rom actually loads, but to no avail. Just bootloops. I restored my nandroid backup just to get the phone back up. Strange thing about that is my backup was missing root, even though it was definitely there before I had to redo that for some reason

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

ok, i gotta refer you to stedman420 cause this has definately got me stumped. the fact that you can't install any other rom yet mine kind of works and mine is built from stedman's. you'd figure if mine semi works his should fully work. something isn't right with your phone. either it's not rooted right. something isn't right though. and unfortunately i don't have the device in my hand to figure it out. maybe stedman420 can help. he's definately the one to go to on this one. sorry.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information