Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Xperia-x500 Rom

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

nope, can't remove a partition from your phone, gotta do it from pc then redo it on your phone. or resize it on phone but still can't completely remove it. need a pc for that.

btw knew you couldn't stay away. lol. welcome back

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Re: Xperia-x500 Rom

Yeah couldn't help it. Thanks it good to be back. Whenever I have tried formatting my SD on my computer it never deleted my ext, it always cleared the root of my SD. When use mini partition wizard or whatever it is that's the only way it removed it. But I'm also running vista 32 bit so that could be it.

Sent from my SPH-M820 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

no, windows doesn't recognize linux partitions. so you have to use some form of linux to remove it. then just use cwm to redo it the way you want it. just back it up 1st

That's what I do on my prevail now I always use the partition wizard cause s2e was kind of a pain in the ass to get working at first, cause it has to be partition ext 4.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

ahh, can't help with prevail unless it's a general question as i don't have one so no clue on it. but yeah windows doesn't know what an ext, ext2,3,or 4 partition is. so just use your tool you mentioned to remove it then just use cwm to create what you need and you should be set.

Oh I was just saying. I'm pretty good with the prevail cause I had it before the Score so that made it easy.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

ah sweet. i'm still trying to get a dif phone. had a at&t galaxy s handed to me but from what i have read it won't work on cricket but have a dealer here who says it will. guess i'll find out soon enuff.

Yeah hope it works I heard that's a good phone and extremely easy to root thanks to Odin.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

actually it was a pain but that was cause i had to find the files that worked. but yeah from what i know it's not usuable on cricket cause it requires a sim card. although i have aokp on it and i flat out love it.

Oddly enough, it fixed itself with a combo of removing the battery, then plugging the usb cable to the PC, and booting, then inserting the battery. Dunno why, but everything is fine now.

Good to hear

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

Quote Originally Posted by Krsmqn View Post
    Oddly enough, it fixed itself with a combo of removing the battery, then plugging the usb cable to the PC, and booting, then inserting the battery. Dunno why, but everything is fine now.
    strange but glad your batt issue is fixed

Supporting Member
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Task Killers

Quote Originally Posted by stedman420 View Post
    What kind of power issues? Or more specifically what are you referring to as power issues?

Oh and I don't really recommend using any task killers(cept for the stock one) especially if they're auto task killers. Auto task killers can cause alot of probs and drain an already short battery life even faster.

Plus I've already adjusted minfree values in boot image along with several other tweaks to help mem management so anything other than the stock task killer should not be needed and may not work right.

Let me know when you find them again or if you remember the name I'll check em out

No prob. Glad you're likin it. That tool was actually quite a pain to get goin smoothly lol But I figured it'd be nice for customizing some of the mods I've done on this phone. In the end I definitely think it was worth the time and effort though so the thanks is much appreciated

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    I gotta agree with Stedman on this topic 100%. I have tried many of the task killers and didn't find they did much good in extending the life of my battery over the course of the day. I finally found an app that actually does exactly what it says and comes in both a free version and then a better version if you pay a minimal fee for it. And its called Juice Defender (and Juice Defender Ultimate is the paid version). They can be found on Google Play. It works by getting in and monitoring stuff that really drains the battery when they are idle such as 3G, Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi, Screen brightness and CPU frequencies. It does this by monitoring if they are in use or not and if you do need to use them it very smartly turns that feature back on again. And the cool thing about this app is that you have total control over all the settings or if you don't wanna mess with it just pick a setting and let it do all the work for you :P I've noticed that I can actually get through a whole work day without having to run to my car for a charge in the middle of the day. Now that to me was well worth the couple bucks I spent on the app.

The Geekster
    Last edited by geekster; 01-19-2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: typo lol

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

Quote Originally Posted by geekster View Post

I gotta agree with Stedman on this topic 100%. I have tried many of the task killers and didn't find they did much good in extending the life of my battery over the course of the day. I finally found an app that actually does exactly what it says and comes in both a free version and then a better version if you pay a minimal fee for it. And its called Juice Defender (and Juice Defender Ultimate is the paid version). They can be found on Google Play. It works by getting in and monitoring stuff that really drains the battery when they are idle such as 3G, Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi, Screen brightness and CPU frequencies. It does this by monitoring if they are in use or not and if you do need to use them it very smartly turns that feature back on again. And the cool thing about this app is that you have total control over all the settings or if you don't wanna mess with it just pick a setting and let it do all the work for you :P I've noticed that I can actually get through a whole work day without having to run to my car for a charge in the middle of the day. Now that to me was well worth the couple bucks I spent on the app.

The Geekster
    i own this app and while it works great on the stock battery. it's useless otherwise. i have an extended battery and have yet to use it since i got my battery and it last me a full week. 2+ days if i am using it. i can sit here and flash my phone 50 times in a day and still have 30-40% battery left. you want better battery life, invest in the extended battery, well worth the cost. that app does what it says and does it well but you still have a crappy 1200mAh battery that blows for anything you might do thats useful on this phone. anyway just my 2 cents on the subject of batteries and apps that claim to improve batt life.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I have the extended battery and it only lasts about 1-2 days with nothing running on the phone./ the stock one lasts about 8 hours.
    Iv been using the Xperia rom v 3.5 that you have made and i life it very well. BUT i have been getting issues were the phone will randumly restart with the intro flash and music for no reason. Its completely randum it happed to me when i was in the middle of a phone call. phone jsut shuts off and restarts. Can we get a fix for this? otherwise good work on the rom i like it

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information