Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Xperia-x500 Rom

Overall activity: 2.0%

My son loves this rom and is very happy with it. One of the main issues with this phone is the phone storage. I was looking at an app called Link2SD and have seen another person with the x500 that was able to get Link2SD to work. Link2SD allows you to link everything to an extended partition on the SD card and have more room for apps with no more space issues. I tried using that app with this rom and it can never mount the extended partition. Has anyone else had success with this?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

Quote Originally Posted by antman1 View Post
    My son loves this rom and is very happy with it. One of the main issues with this phone is the phone storage. I was looking at an app called Link2SD and have seen another person with the x500 that was able to get Link2SD to work. Link2SD allows you to link everything to an extended partition on the SD card and have more room for apps with no more space issues. I tried using that app with this rom and it can never mount the extended partition. Has anyone else had success with this?
    link2sd is not needed. an apps2sd program is already included in the rom. however it will not work unless you have an sdext partition on your sd card already when you install the rom. i can help you create one but it will require formating the sd card and reinstalling the rom. if your up for this let me know and i can help you get it taken care of.

ok I have a 16gb SD card to use for this. Thank you for your help. Also will this do like link2sd and store the app data and such linked to sd like the link2sd app?
    Last edited by antman1; 05-09-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

Quote Originally Posted by antman1 View Post
    ok I have a 16gb SD card to use for this. Thank you for your help. Also will this do like link2sd and store the app data and such linked to sd like the link2sd app?
    what this does is install any app on the sd card as if it's the internal storage space. it may report 148 meg but if you create a 4 gig partition 4 gig is how much internal storage the phone will suddenly have(may still show 148meg)

i have a 1gig sdext patition on my phone and have over 140 apps installed atm and all work fine and storage still says i have 132meg free.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

welp lets see if i can get this right 1st time

d/l this file -
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ry_Flasher.zip

- run this from recovery to flash an older cwm file. just follow the prompts and select amft's modified 5.0.2.7 - let it finish and reboot recovery

now that you have rebooted recovery so your in 5.0.2.7, go to advanced and then partition sd card. there will be 2 settings. 1 is swap(set this to 0) the other will be the sd-ext partition size(max is 4 gig) set this to however big you want the partition. wait til it's done and remember to back everything on the sd card up as this will format the card.

now reinstall the rom. once done just start installing free apps just to see how much space it takes. if it's working right and it should be you shouldn't run out of space after 10 apps

Last edited by OvrDriVE; 05-09-2013 at 02:34 PM.

ok so basically I just flash this recovery you have posted using cwm I have already and then restart into the new recovery and then partition the sd card and for swap select 0 then reinstall the rom and that will be it? I have my SD card partitioned to use 5gb ext2 and the rest is fat32.

Can I skip the flashing of recovery if I already have the SD card partitioned?
    Last edited by antman1; 05-09-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

let cwm partition the sd card. it will use an ext4 partition i believe. and 4 gig is max it can use no matter how big your sd card is. and no you want to use cwm to create the partitions

Ok i installed recovery and partitioned the sd card for the 4gb option then reinstalled the rom and cleared the cache and data. When it restarted i installed a few apps and i noticed it installs them to the sd card however some still install to the internal memory and data for these apps still go on internal memory. Am I doing something wrong?

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

nope. but check internal storage space reported. it should be a very minimal ammount that it reduces by so it's all still going to the sd-ext.
    are you still running out of space? or is this an issue? cause i have yet to have an issue

look at it like this. that sd-ext is only there to replace internal storage. instead of haveing 148meg you now have 4gig internal storage the phone just doesn't report that much. all apps installed by default go to the so called now new internal storage space which is the 4gig on the sd-ext partition. you should not have any issues with space anymore. if that makes sense. theres no need to run an apps2sd app. link2sd nothing, it's all built in. a2sdgui doesn't report all settings correctly btw. but trust me it all works like it is ment to

my current score says i have 75 meg internal free and 411meg out of the 1gig on my sd-ext. obviously it's working. now i can probably free up some of whats reported internally by wipeing dalvik cache in recovery. this is recommended at least once a month. but again. it all works fine. look at the original post and look at the titanium backup pic. you'll see it works it shows all the storage space and whats being used by each.
    Last edited by OvrDriVE; 05-09-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Your right. Working great so far. I have installed many apps and netflix and xfinity player all included. My son is able to play games and watch streaming movies and all without issues so far. Only game that is giving him problems is his minecraft. I tried installing several different versions and they all force close.

Also do you know of a auto app killer that will close an app after the screen times out in 2 to 10 minutes.

Thank you a lot for the rom and help getting this working with the SD card.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

no idea on minecraft. never tryed it. not to familiar with auto app killers either as android tends to manage apps in the background well enuff to not notice any difference. there are some you can try though. just search around google play store and see what you find. other then that i'm not gonna be much help on this one. i'm glad he's enjoying it. with lots of space for stuff he's sure to wear out his battery faster then normal now. hehe

Customer Since

Thanks you OvrDriVE and Stedman420 for this great rom. Brought new life into my x500.
    Registered just to say thanks!

Was my first time doing a rom install so was shakey at first, but glad I stuck with it.

One thing I've noticed though is that the Search in the lower right corner no longer brings up a window. I can still hold it downs for a couple seconds and do a voice search though.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

i never noticed that as i don't use it but your right. it may have to do with the fact that i removed google Quick search. let me see what is needed and i'll make a cwm update file for you to fix it

i hate google stuff so i removed it. heres a fix to put it back, it works, i tested it here. just download this zip. put it on your sdcard, reboot to recovery, install zip from sdcard, select quicksearch_fix.zip and let it install. when it's done reboot your phone and hit the search button in bottom right corner. works fine here should work fine for you as well.

http://db.tt/hVDVxkwg

enjoy!

Last edited by OvrDriVE; 05-12-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Customer Since

Thank you!
    Works perfect and is much appreciated.

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

glad to be of assistance

alright my sons phone died. I guess the damage to the port was worse than I thought. I replaced his motherboard and now he has a MetroPCS mother board in it. the baseband is ZTE-C X500_41_Z16_S_TS3BG312A_09, I know from prev experience that I need baseband 10. How do I upgrade baseband to 10

I flashed cw recovery and did a backup before the OTA update. I need the stock recovery to flash back. anyone know were I can get it?
    Last edited by antman1; 08-22-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information