Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

ZTE Score - 1st Impressions (with video review, picture samples, and more)

The ZTE Score is a device that is suppose to be exclusive to Best Buy. Launch date was 9/25/2011.

ZTE Score specifications (from
    PhoneArena

)

General info
    • Device type:
      • Smart phone
    • Network technology:
      • CDMA:
        • 800, 1700/2100, 1900
    • Data:
      • CDMA Data:
        • 1xEV-DO rev.A
    Design
    • Design:
      • Form Factor:
        • Candybar
    Display
    • Display:
      • Resolution:
        • 320 x 480 pixels
      • Physical Size:
        • 3.50 inches
      • Touch Screen:

• Yes (Capacitive)
      • Proximity Sensor:
        • Yes
    Software
    • Smart Phone:

• Yes
        • Android (2.3)
    • Processor:
      • Single core, 600 MHz
    Camera
    • Camera:

• Yes
      • Resolution:
        • 3.2 megapixels
    • Video capture:

• Yes
    Multimedia
    • Music Player:

• Yes
    • Video Playback:

• Yes
    • YouTube player:
      • Yes
    Internet browsing
    • Internet Browsing:

• Yes
      • Supports:
        • HTML
    Location Based Services

• Location Based Services:
        • Yes
      • Type:
        • GPS
      • Navigation:
        • Yes

Phonebook
    • Support:
      • Yes
    • Capacity:
      • Capacity depends on system memory
    • Features:
      • Caller groups, Multiple numbers per
        contact

, Search by both first and last name, Picture ID, Ring ID
    Organizer
    • Calendar:

• Yes
    • Alarms:

• Yes
    • Other:
      • Calculator
    Messaging
    • SMS:

• Yes
      • Threaded messaging:
        • Yes
    • E-mail:

• Yes (IMAP, POP3, SMTP)
    Memory
    • Memory Expansion:
      • Slot Type:
        • microSD, microSDHC
      • Maximum card size:
        • 32 GB
    Connectivity
    • Bluetooth:

• Yes
    • Wi-Fi:

• Yes
    • USB:

• Yes
      • Type:
        • microUSB
      • Version:
        • USB 2.0
      • Features:
        • Mass storage device, USB charging
    Other features
    • Sensors:

• Accelerometer
    Availability
    • Officially announced:
      • Yes (22 Sep 2011)
    • Scheduled release:
      • 25 Sep 2011 (Official)

Video Review

Benchmarks

Quadrant Run One: 835

Quadrant Run Two: 892

Linpack Run One: 7.38 MFLOPS (11.36 seconds)

Linpack Run Two: 7.455 MFLOPS (11.24 seconds)

Neocore Run One: 56.7 fps

Neocore Run Two: 58.1 fps

Camera

Here are two sample pictures. You can see the Airborne towers in the background (1st is rather low lite, 2nd is zoomed in and in the evening [7:27 PM]). It is nice to have a dedicated camera button. You can control zoom up to 4x digital and there is a brightness slider.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110925_191929.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	388.4 KB 
ID:	863 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110925_192241.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	864

Video

Unfortunately while at this hotel on post, the Internet is run through a proxy and we can't upload to Youtube. However we've posted a link to a clip you can download.

UPDATE: Thanks avenue for getting this on Youtube.

Other Media

_dsc0026.jpg_dsc0024.jpg_dsc0022.jpg_dsc0021.jpg_dsc0020.jpg_dsc0019.jpg_dsc0018.jpg_dsc0017.jpg_dsc0016.jpg_dsc0014.jpg_dsc0013.jpg_dsc0012.jpg_dsc0010.jpg_dsc0009.jpg_dsc0027.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC0021.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	875

The back of the phone is a smooth surface that looks like it will scratch easily.

So far, we've concluded that if you are looking for a basic Android phone and would love to have the ability to download music, this phone will suit your needs just fine. General performance is probably a little better than the Ascend 2.

NOTE: This phone appears to be available with PayGo only. Review the details of the PayGo plan.

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...tead-1-gb.html

This could easily be a hit for the younger crowd. Get your teenagers downloading legal music today :-).

Last edited by avenue; 10-15-2011 at 12:00 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Check out the video review that has been added to the first post in this thread.

Just got the ZTE Score for my sister's birthday after I saw the price drop to 49.99. I am a huge fan of the Optimus C but for the price the ZTE score blows it away. It has identical (CPU, RAM) internals vs optimus c but the ZTE Score is a little faster due to Gingerbread. The score has a 3.5 inch screen vs the Optimus C 3.2. The ZTE is a little thicker vs the optimus. RAM is what makes Android run flawlessly or run like garbage. The ZTE score unlike every garbage huawei cricket sells has 512 megs of ram, running things on the ZTE just files because of that. You can't replace RAM no matter what anyone tells you, it is much more important than processor speed.

It has multitouch pinch to zoom. But for some reason it is disabled in the web browser. If you get Opera mini (wich you really want) pinch to zoom works fine. Same as picture gallery. Anything that uses the built in browser as the rendering engine like Dolphin browser won't have pinch to zoom. I am not sure why they did this it had to be on purpose to differentiate this phone from their more expensive ones? I don't think this has flash it has the same CPU as the optimus which doesn't support flash. The speaker is low if you ask me. There are no other downsides even though the battery is 1200 mah it seems to run all day.

There is not much room for storage but after you root the phone and get a back up for safe keeping you could easily free up an additional 100megs for a total of around 200 for storage.

Go to the store and bring a friend with a iPhone 4g along for a great laugh. The ZTE is an almost identical copy of the iPhone 4g, except for thickness. HOWEVER unlike the 4g voice activation does work. I am not sure if apple will ever decide to bring their server side Siri to those without 4gs' (the 4g doesn't run it even though a server at apple does all the work). It is laughable a 50$ phone has voice navigation, and Voice text creation but the iphone 4g doesn't.

This is a ridiculous value on cricket right now. I am guessing they want to move people to their smartphone plans for more $ but I can't believe the price really. If you were thinking of upgrading see below: Any huawei even the two I would definitely get the ZTE score (the two is so annoyingly laggy due to 256 megs of ram). For the Android phones all the samsungs are a little better (faster and run web flash) but cost at least 3 times more. The Optimus C is about the same for three times as much but the zte has a bigger screen (but the resolution is the same so) I would probably just hold off if you had the Optimus for something truely better to come along. If you have any other cricket phone I would upgrade to the ZTE.
    Last edited by FuzyBaffy; 10-30-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzyBaffy View Post
    Just got the ZTE Score for my sister's birthday after I saw the price drop to 49.99. I am a huge fan of the Optimus C but for the price the ZTE score blows it away. It has identical (CPU, RAM) internals vs optimus c but the ZTE Score is a little faster due to Gingerbread. The score has a 3.5 inch screen vs the Optimus C 3.2. The ZTE is a little thicker vs the optimus. RAM is what makes Android run flawlessly or run like garbage. The ZTE score unlike every garbage huawei cricket sells has 512 megs of ram, running things on the ZTE just files because of that. You can't replace RAM no matter what anyone tells you, it is much more important than processor speed.

It has multitouch pinch to zoom. But for some reason it is disabled in the web browser. If you get Opera mini (wich you really want) pinch to zoom works fine. Same as picture gallery. Anything that uses the built in browser as the rendering engine like Dolphin browser won't have pinch to zoom. I am not sure why they did this it had to be on purpose to differentiate this phone from their more expensive ones? I don't think this has flash it has the same CPU as the optimus which doesn't support flash. The speaker is low if you ask me. There are no other downsides even though the battery is 1200 mah it seems to run all day.

There is not much room for storage but after you root the phone and get a back up for safe keeping you could easily free up an additional 100megs for a total of around 200 for storage.

Go to the store and bring a friend with a iPhone 4g along for a great laugh. The ZTE is an almost identical copy of the iPhone 4g, except for thickness. HOWEVER unlike the 4g voice activation does work. I am not sure if apple will ever decide to bring their server side Siri to those without 4gs' (the 4g doesn't run it even though a server at apple does all the work). It is laughable a 50$ phone has voice navigation, and Voice text creation but the iphone 4g doesn't.

This is a ridiculous value on cricket right now. I am guessing they want to move people to their smartphone plans for more $ but I can't believe the price really. If you were thinking of upgrading see below: Any huawei even the two I would definitely get the ZTE score (the two is so annoyingly laggy due to 256 megs of ram). For the Android phones all the samsungs are a little better (faster and run web flash) but cost at least 3 times more. The Optimus C is about the same for three times as much but the zte has a bigger screen I would probably just hold off if you had the Optimus for something truely better to come along. If you have any other cricket phone I would upgrade to the ZTE.
    Thanks for the review!

What was REALLY funny was we both posted at the same time. I posted a thread asking some questions at the same time you posted this review. Here is my thread: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...zte-score.html

Thread Information