Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    ZTE Score x500

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by amft View Post
    Working on the recovery. My ubuntu box was acting up, I got it fixed last night. I'll try to get it out tonight.
    Nice, I'm new to all this. This is actually my first Droid and I've had it for about 5 days lol.
    I got into ROM Manager, and I did the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and it set as 2.5.1.3.
    Though, When I went down to Backup Current ROM.. It blackscreen'd and Restarted.

amft, Any idea if I'm doing it wrong? I was going to try to put Cyanogen 7(or 8 if i'm right.) on it.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Sorry for the double post, but also I found a really good option for this phone.

Considering the size of internal memory it has after you root it you can use an app called "App 2 SD".
    Which normally only a couple of apps can be moved to the SD card, just grab better terminal from the market place then issue this command to enable you to move every program you wish to the SD card:

su
    pm setInstallLocation 2

Once you do this go back and open up the APP 2 SD application and it'll show all the apps being allowed to be moved to SD, it's helpful to clear up the tiny bit of space we have with these phones.

2. Remove this advertisement.

I'm looking for a method that will allow me to root my ZTE Score without hooking up via USB cable to a PC. I've been doing all my file-transfer stuff via Android Synch (over WiFi network) and don't have a USB cable for my phone. I tried GingerBreak option by putting the required files on my phone over the network and got GingerBreak installed properly but the Root Phone option run endlessly but with no success.

The Zerg option sounds great BUT it won't work - I can put the files on my phone but the phone won't run the .bat installation start file from the phone itself.

Help?

Phone
    ZTE Score x500

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit74 View Post
    I'm looking for a method that will allow me to root my ZTE Score without hooking up via USB cable to a PC. I've been doing all my file-transfer stuff via Android Synch (over WiFi network) and don't have a USB cable for my phone. I tried GingerBreak option by putting the required files on my phone over the network and got GingerBreak installed properly but the Root Phone option run endlessly but with no success.

The Zerg option sounds great BUT it won't work - I can put the files on my phone but the phone won't run the .bat installation start file from the phone itself.

Help?
    I was actually trying this process at first myself, Yet got me no where. I don't know much, but I can say that it's almost impossible to do this. You need to set it to USB-Debugging mode in-order for it to work, which means you'd need the usb cord.

Why isn't it working via USB?

Quote Originally Posted by EzraLight View Post
    I was actually trying this process at first myself, Yet got me no where. I don't know much, but I can say that it's almost impossible to do this. You need to set it to USB-Debugging mode in-order for it to work, which means you'd need the usb cord.

Why isn't it working via USB?
    It's not working via USB because I'm not doing it with USB - I don't have a USB cable (yet). FWIW, USB Debugging can be enabled without the USB cord or the USB cord physically connected.

Phone
    ZTE Score x500

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit74 View Post
    It's not working via USB because I'm not doing it with USB - I don't have a USB cable (yet). FWIW, USB Debugging can be enabled without the USB cord or the USB cord physically connected.
    Well you wouldn't know if it's not working or not via USB because you don't have a cord :P
    I actually walked this morning to a local cricket/cell phone shop and bought one for $5. I'd say get one or continue to try your way and keep us updated if you do find anything at all.

Once I fully get through this process, and check and see if CM7 works I'll be writing a tutorial for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraLight View Post
    Well you wouldn't know if it's not working or not via USB because you don't have a cord :P
    I actually walked this morning to a local cricket/cell phone shop and bought one for $5. I'd say get one or continue to try your way and keep us updated if you do find anything at all.

Once I fully get through this process, and check and see if CM7 works I'll be writing a tutorial for everyone.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to go get a cable. Sometimes it's fun to learn different methods, but clearly what I'm doing isn't working. I'll look forward to the tutorial and will progress (eventually) to what ROM options there are. Ah, new toys...

Thanks for the help!

Phone
    ZTE Score x500

Quote Originally Posted by stubb1986 View Post
    Ok Here is what i did.. im on windows 7 64 bit. plugged phone in enabled debugging,
    when auto run starts up run setup.exe...
    it will intsall drivers there will be 2 that will take for ever when searching threw windows update.
    at the bottom there should be a link that says skip searching for drivers threw windows update.. once you click that the drivers will install.

after that i just opened up zerg rush temp root and let it do its thing and after finished manually rebooted phone and bam have root access..

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

also i noticed the file says temp root.. i rebooted the device several times and still have root access.. not sure if its supposed to be a temp root but seems not to be the case...
    Any rooted Score owners mind posting the output of the 'mount' command in terminal or the recovery.img? Using flash_image with the stock recovery.img is the only method I can think of to get your recovery back.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-zte-score/17256-cant-hard-reset.html#ixzz1dRh4TaTZ

C
    an anyone please post the IMG?

I'm ordering this phone tomorrow, and I was wondering if it would be safe to remove the Muve apk after I root it...I don't want it, and I'm assuming it can't be removed normally.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Yes. You can remove the muve music apk. I already have and no problems

Clockwork Mod ROM Manager doesn't list the ZTE Score when trying to run/install the first part: 'Flash ClockworkMod Recovery', it asks to confirm phone model - and mine isn't listed. Is there an alternate device name I can select that will work?

I need to get a ROM Manager installed and figured the one by Clockworkmod was the best. Help?

(yes, my phone is rooted via zerg)

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Easiest way to root zte score.

http://score.rockthatmobile.com/how-...te-score-x500/

CWM and FlashImageGUI dont support the zte score. No one, as far as i've seen has modded a recovery for it yet. I will keep looking as im interested in running android 4 with the stock kernel and radio.

Chris

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

So far, the only recovery I can find is for the ZTE Blade. The score almost has the exact specs.

The recovery,
    http://android.modaco.com/topic/3272...blade-oledtft/

This is the closest recovery that I can find at the moment. I doubt it will work as is but may be a starting point.

Chris

Howdy all.

I'm glad you folks have had success gaining root. I don't know what I did wrong but I haven't had success yet.

Windows 7 x64 on a laptop:
    I "installed" the drivers linked from here and rock that mobile (same driver). Set the phone to debugging mode and unmounted the SD card and plugged in the USB. It went through the Found New Hardware thing but it looked like it was downloading drivers instead of using the ones I downloaded. Is that a problem or is it the same driver? It does recognize something as a ZTE device in Explorer but when looking into "Devices and Printers" there is a list of things that show under "ZTEMT WIRELESS TECH"

So when I try to troubleshoot, neither automatically updating nor browsing to the folder where the drivers installed (C/Program Files/ZTE USB Handset Driver...) nets me any love for installing the driver apparently because it says it can't find it. I'm a little new to 7 but I've been fiddling with PCs for a while. Maybe there's just a simple little trick I'm overlooking???

Anyways, if I plug in the Score, the PC recognizes it and says it's working properly (I guess maybe part of it is), but when I run ZergRushTempRoot.bat it looks like it starts OK but nothing happens other than a blinking cursor after the following screen comes up (left it there for 15 minutes just in case it doesn't have any progress indicators):

So it hasn't been rooted (I checked after rebooting Score, and went through this a few times), and I seem to be stuck.

Any advice for things to try next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

p.s. I bought my Score just a couple weeks ago and wonder if the "new update" for it (which was probably already on mine when I bought it) has anything to do with driver issues or rooting it?? Maybe I'm just paranoid about "The Man" but I thought I'd throw it into the mix anyway.
    Last edited by vinchenzo; 11-27-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Score

i just rooted my zte score and eveything went fine

Make sure you have USB Storage turned ON via your phone. Then you should be able to access the mounted SD card (your phone's) via Windows. Verify you can do that. Then run the .bat file and you should see a black command dialogue box with some info about a port being opened.

Note: if you have run zerg----.bat before and been unsuccessful, it's wise to reboot your machine and phone to start fresh. Again, USB storage must be turned on and USB debugging must be enabled - both - for it to work.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information