Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Thanks. That might be it.
    I assumed that the phone asking for USB storage to be turned on went against the advice for unmounting the SD card since it referred to reading/writing to the card, so I did not turn that on. I'll try that and edit this post to reflect the result.

UUgh. No love.
    OK is this it??

USB debugging ON
    SD card UNmounted
    USB Storage ON
    Just start ZergRushTempRoot.bat and wait.

Is there any progress indicator whatsoever so I can determine if anything is happening? Text scrolling along or anything? All I get is the terminal window as shown above and a blinking cursor. Waited more than 15 minutes this last time and nothing. It would be nice to know if it's doing something or not without just waiting and giving up.

If I'm doing the process right, then I'm guessing I must have some kind of driver issue.

OK correction:
    I cannot turn on USB storage if the SD card is unmounted (a "loading" circle thing comes up and never resolves). I can turn on USB storage with SD card mounted, however once I then turn on USB storage with it plugged in and check, it indicates that the SD card is now UNmounted. Hrmm. I have read everywhere that the SD card needs to be unmounted for rooting to work. So I'm a little lost here except that I'm kind of thinking that this may not be my problem anyway?

Regardless, I get the same terminal window show no matter what I do (unless I try to do it twice without rebooting everything in between in which case it stops after the "adb wait-for-device" line). Looks like I have a driver problem to me... Hmmmm.
    Worst part about this is I know there is a 15 second fix for it if I only knew what it was... Oh well
    Last edited by vinchenzo; 11-27-2011 at 04:55 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

@vinchezno I uploaded ZTE Score Driver for Windows. This should take care of it.

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Cricket_ZTE_Score_Drivers.rar

OK thanks folks.
    I removed the previously installed drivers, did a system restore just to be sure, then installed the drivers that koke linked above.
    After that, connected the Score to the laptop and it loaded the drivers correctly out of the gate. Then set the phone as recommended, specifically:
    1) debugging ON
    2) USB storage ON
    3) I didn't bother UN-mounting the SD card because it won't allow USB storage to be switched ON when that's not mounted (at least it wouldn't before I reinstalled the correct drivers).

At any rate, I didn't need to UN-mount the SD card apparently because after setting phone per 1 and 2 above, I started ZergRushTempRoot.bat and it went through the rooting routine just fine. I ran a root check app which indicated I had successfully gained root access, then ran a tethering app (which requires root access) and connected my laptop to the net via my Score phone. So BAM - Success !!

So yea, it was a driver problem.

I love it when a plan comes together, hehe.
    Thanks for the help.
    I'm looking forward to the day if & when a new, clean, slick ROM is available for this phone. I'd be pretty happy if it just didn't have all the bloatware, and I'll research some and remove that once I learn how to. But having it rooted now makes me pretty happy already.

Thanks again.

p.s Just so any other newbie like me wants to know, once you start ZergRushTempRoot.bat, the terminal window on your computer does scroll through a bunch of text pretty much right away which indicates progress is being made. Just thought I'd mention this because I didn't know what to look for other than I figured it usually does scroll through text stuff while something is happening, but I wasn't sure. Anyway, if you start ZergRushTempRoot.bat and it stops after a couple lines and does nothing for more than a few seconds (like 10 maybe) then it isn't rooting. Just so you know.
    Last edited by vinchenzo; 12-04-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amft View Post
    I extracted the iso that mounts on Windows 7. I mounted the iso and copied the driver installer to my Windows XP machine and it installed and worked really well.

I also extracted the entire app folder for anyone who wants the cricket apps.

I'll play with this thing some more tonight, I'm normally over at XDA but I will pop in here every now and then.

Aaron

EDIT:
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

<----- ZTE Driver Installer
    Hey thats sounds pretty cool and complicated.
    It seems to also fix my problem ive been trying to do this thing on my xp.
    could you possibly post the .iso file? and how to mount it? sorry im no good at figuring that stuff out.. Thanks in advance ^_^

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by kebamishima View Post
    Hey thats sounds pretty cool and complicated.
    It seems to also fix my problem ive been trying to do this thing on my xp.
    could you possibly post the .iso file? and how to mount it? sorry im no good at figuring that stuff out.. Thanks in advance ^_^
    what aaron did was kinda complicated yes, all you must do is download and install the program from the multiupload link nothing fancy just install it

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    SuperOneClick uses Gingerbreak or psneuter to root. I'm going to guess no, but I don't think it would hurt to try.
    The newest SuperOneClick 2.3.2 has the latest zergrush in it and should work now.

Overall activity: 13.0%

Hey all, does anyone know how long the root process should take I have been waiting about 8 mins now and nothing it says, c:\zerg_root_oneclick\zerg rush root\adb wait-for-device

Sorry for re-post... there is not text in the prompt box does that mean nothing is happening?
    Last edited by eggytoasty; 12-22-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by eggytoasty View Post
    Hey all, does anyone know how long the root process should take I have been waiting about 8 mins now and nothing it says, c:\zerg_root_oneclick\zerg rush root\adb wait-for-device

Sorry for re-post... there is not text in the prompt box does that mean nothing is happening?
    That command means adb is waiting for a device to be found. I would suggest making sure you have USB Debugging enabled as well as the correct drivers for your particular device.

Hello all,

Just wanted to say thx to all that have helped me out and to those that have posted links and how to's to rooted the ZTE Score. I just got mine rooted and now I am ready to have some fun and find out what this baby can do, not the greatest phone but cheap enough to play with and break so I can learn before rooting a more expensive phone. So again thank you CricketUsers.com

Phone
    ZTE Score

Quote Originally Posted by eggytoasty View Post
    Hello all,

Just wanted to say thx to all that have helped me out and to those that have posted links and how to's to rooted the ZTE Score. I just got mine rooted and now I am ready to have some fun and find out what this baby can do, not the greatest phone but cheap enough to play with and break so I can learn before rooting a more expensive phone. So again thank you CricketUsers.com

Could you dump a copy of the stock rom or just the stock recovery.img file for us? (Before you flash CWM recovery of course. )

Quote Originally Posted by nobreak1970 View Post
    Could you dump a copy of the stock rom or just the stock recovery.img file for us? (Before you flash CWM recovery of course. )
    I would be more then happy too. I am very new to all of this so if someone can help me along in doing it I can. So let's do it

Phone
    ZTE Score

No need actually we now have a rom dump to work with.

It's posted in the "Dang It..." post in this subforum.

http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...#axzz1hl3QePUz

Hello all. I am a new user to the zte score as well as to android phones and I am wanting to root my phone but I must be an idiot to this whole process because I can not seem to make sense of any of the instructions I have found online. I would like to think I am above average on my computer proficiency but this whole root concept has caused me to second guess my own intelligence. If anyone could please explain in detail as if you were telling a five year old how to root a zte score from start to finish, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Overall activity: 58.0%

Phone
    zte score

Just follow the people above and the driver link and u will be fine except use simpleoneclick or super lol instead of zerg

Am i the only one that's not getting responses from super one click? it just keeps saying "not responding" yes usb debugging is on.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information