Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by EzraLight View Post

Nice, I'm new to all this. This is actually my first Droid and I've had it for about 5 days lol.
    I got into ROM Manager, and I did the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and it set as 2.5.1.3.
    Though, When I went down to Backup Current ROM.. It blackscreen'd and Restarted.

amft, Any idea if I'm doing it wrong? I was going to try to put Cyanogen 7(or 8 if i'm right.) on it.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Sorry for the double post, but also I found a really good option for this phone.

Considering the size of internal memory it has after you root it you can use an app called "App 2 SD".
    Which normally only a couple of apps can be moved to the SD card, just grab better terminal from the market place then issue this command to enable you to move every program you wish to the SD card:

su
    pm setInstallLocation 2

Once you do this go back and open up the APP 2 SD application and it'll show all the apps being allowed to be moved to SD, it's helpful to clear up the tiny bit of space we have with these phones.

@EzraLight
    Hey Thank you i have been looking and looking to find out how to do this..
    I have a question. Do you have anymore commands that are kool for better termina
    l

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

@vinch het is the link to the correct drivers you need if you still need it just click the blank space after the dotz and before the dotz you can highlight to see it .....
    ZTE+Android+USB+Driver+for+Microsoft+PC_5.2066.1.8

. ......

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score

So ok i have xp, as far as i know yall posted a bunchof drivers does it matter which one? And also ill be rooting this phone in a hour, can someone explain "flashing" and "ROM"

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

And to get it straight, i install the drivers first, then adb, download super one click, connect phone enable debugging and usb, run super one click right?

Customer Since
    DEC 2011
    Phone
    HTC EVO SHIFT

Hi i hope i am posting this in the right place. If not please feel free to move it.
    Well I just wanted to tell everyone about Unlock Root. When i was trying to root my phone i was at this website, at rock that mobile and the xda site too reading and trying everything still i just never could get it right. I was really frustrated!!! I stumbled upon unlock root. At first i just ignored it but after about 2 more weeks of failure i decided to give it a shot. When i was checking to see if my ZTE Score x500 was compatible of course it wasn't there but i said oh well i'm still gonna try and to my surprise it actually worked.. So if you wanna give it a try i suggest you do. Rooting is the best thing i've ever done and i'm happy i finally got it done too. Here's a link-------------------> http://www.unlockroot.com/ <--------------------

Overall activity: 0%

Here is some working drivers for the zte score....
    Cricket-ZTE-Score-Drivers.rar

Last edited by d4rk; 05-09-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Well, I followed this procedure and the Muve music menu kept looking. I disconnected the battery and the phone came on.

Dumb question: how do I know when the phone's rooted?

Here are working drivers...just installed and successfully rooted my Score
    Cricket-ZTE-Score-Drivers.rar

you do need to have winrar or something to extract the drivers...i .rar them to make the file size smaller and download faster

Phone
    Galaxy S3

The best app for Windows the number one app more like it you guys who all ready don't know is 7zip you can move files from one zip to the other with out unzipping them and so on check it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I've tried the zerg thing, I've tried several different drivers that people have put on this thread, and i tried the unlock root thing, debugging is on, but when i try zerg, it says something to the effect of waiting for device adb didn't ack
    And it keeps trying to install a driver, ztemt wireless tech, and then it doesn't find it.
    I currently can't connect to the internet with my laptop, windows Vista, can anyone help. And yes debugging is on when i tried

Quote Originally Posted by holden190 View Post
    Dumb question: how do I know when the phone's rooted?
    ROOT CHECKER is a free app on Google Play market that will let you know if your phone is rooted.

Phone
    ZTE Score

correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that every file on this site I need to root my phone is missing. I dont really feel comfortable going to some random site and picking one out of the bunch that I dont know for sure is safe anyway. I hope that someone can help me. if no link file name with size would help.

Customer Since
    DEC 2011
    Phone
    HTC EVO SHIFT

On that unlockroot they download the drivers for you. I was so happy when I stumbled on it. I was trying everthing. But everytime I had no luck. TRY unlock root! It will ask u to connect ur phone to the pc via usb, enable debugging and then it will ask if you want to install the drivers. Click yes. I also think u have to make sure ur mini sd card is unmounted. But the program will tell u too. After it's done it will tell you that u need to reboot and ask if u want to do it now click yes then BAM baby ur ROOTED! You can also download a app on google play called "Root Checker" to check it if ya want.I just rooted a JXD s601 Android 2.3 Game Console and my New tablet that's running on Ice Cream Sandwich and for the both of them it to less then 20 minutes! No BS.

Phone
    ZTE Score

This is sad. The program seems so simple but it keeps asking me if I want it to install drivers and I keep clicking yes. Repeatedly.... I gave up after my 8th press thinking I was missing something.

Customer Since
    DEC 2011
    Phone
    HTC EVO SHIFT

That happened to me recently when I rooted my tablet. I clicked yes a bunch too still, it wasn't working either. I realized I was clicking "unroot" I know how dumb right... well after that of course I'm clicking"root" then the install drivers question Still No Go!. So then I took my phone off the usb cord and made sure the sd card was unmounted and even took it out plugged it back in to the pc via usb and clicked "root" and then it asked if I wanted to install the drivers and this time it did. So make sure your sd card is unmounted and if u want take it out the phone. Remember to click the usb debugging it usually pops up when u plug it in to a computer. I hope this helps. Oh yeah... Remember to click " Root" not "Unroot" lol ! I felt so dumb when I realized what I was doing I guess my mind wasn't all there.
    Last edited by wanabegeekchik; 05-31-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Phone
    ZTE Score

My problem was I hadn't downloaded the phones drivers to the computer prior to rooting.

Customer Since
    DEC 2011
    Phone
    HTC EVO SHIFT

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    My problem was I hadn't downloaded the phones drivers to the computer prior to rooting.
    Well I didn't have the drivers for the tablet or the Android game console but the program did it for me. Did u get it rooted yet?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information