Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score

success

Quote Originally Posted by wanabegeekchik View Post
    Well I didn't have the drivers for the tablet or the Android game console but the program did it for me. Did u get it rooted yet?
    I got it by going into My Computer and running my phones setup program so the computer recognized my phone. Thanks for your help.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score - x500

Hello everyone,
    Successfully Rooted - Less than 15 minutes.

Phone: Cricket ZTE Score - x500
    Operating System: Windows XP Pro

Let's begin...

1st) Create a restore point in windows xp

2nd) Create a folder on your decktop (ZTE-Score) much easier to work out of.

3rd) Download Cricket ZTE Score Drivers - Type (Rar) 10.2MB - This is on my server!
    Url:
    http://a1-9.com/ZTE_Score/download/C...re_Drivers.rar

Extract the rar file to the new folder (ZTE-Score) with 7-zip,
    if you don't have 7-zip, download it free here: (
    7-Zip

)

After you extract the rar file, launch the driver setup file.
    Note: If you have installed drivers for the zte score before, this will delete them, so you may have to launch the setup again to get a clean install of the new drivers.

4th) Now turn your ZTE Phone on & go to: settings -> Applications -> Development -> put a Check in the USB Debugging box.
    Now plug in the USB cable, the phone will ask to turn on USB Storage select: (Yes)

Note: Windows XP may ask you to open files, folder, view videos, ect... just hit Cancel or X out.

Ok, now leave your ZTE Score hooked up to your pc...now lets install SuperOneClick...

5th) Important! Turn off your Virus protection software, this may cause SuperOneClick from downloading & running properly.

6th) Download SuperOneClick v2.2 - Type (Zip) 1.83MB - This is on my server!

Url:
    http://a1-9.com/ZTE_Score/download/S...-ShortFuse.zip

Extract the zip file to the new folder (ZTE-Score) with 7-zip
    After you extract the zip file, launch the SuperOneClick (Android Icon), click on (Rooted), this will take about 15-30 secounds to complete, it will say rooted successfully & if you want to test, just click: NO and close the program.

Unplug your USB cable from the ZTE & check your apps for the (Superuser) Icon, if you don't see it, turn off & on, it will be there.

Your ZTE-Score is now Rooted & you are the Superuser...

Delete the folder (ZTE-Score) from your desktop & turn your virus protection software back on.

That's it...Enjoy!

Last edited by bobath; 06-02-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Customer Since
    Phone
    ZTE Sonata 4G

Well, for me, here was my scenario, because I had trouble at first:

I tried to root with SuperOneClick 2.3.3.0 and it kept on blocking me for some reason with Busybox install, then I closed that with Task Manager (Using Windows XP), then installed Gingerbreak's APK as was my phone was in "Partial Root", I went and Unrooted it to clean the partial root mess, then tried rooting it using the Zerg Oneclick Script and now, I got it working

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

I dont

*EDITED and REMOVED*
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-28-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Stop using MutliUpload (oh wait you can't use it at all anyways)

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Your post doesn't even make sense. Think about it. Check the age of this post. It was prior to MultiUpload going down. Obviously you can't use MultiUpload at all now. So your post is pointless other than coming here and trying to cuss.

Infraction sent.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Hello I could use a little help rooting my Cricket Score x500. I had rooted it once b4 on a XP machine, I was forced to do a factory reset. Unfortunately now I can"t root my phone. I have the output of the Zeg which is full of permission Denied and can't find file, please take a look

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb wait-for-devic
    e
    adb server is out of date. killing...
    * daemon started successfully *

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb push zergRush
    /data/local/
    cannot stat 'zergRush': No such file or directory

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell chmod 77
    7 /data/local/zergRush
    chmod: not found

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell rm /data
    /local/tmp/*sh
    rm: not found

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell /data/lo
    cal/zergRush
    /data/local/zergRush: not found

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb wait-for-devic
    e

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell sleep 1

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb remount
    remount failed: Operation not permitted

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell mount -o
    rw,remount rootfs /
    mount: not found

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell mount -o
    remount,suid /dev/block/mmcblk0p29 /system
    mount: not found

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell chmod 47
    55 /system/bin/sh

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb push ./su /sys
    tem/bin
    failed to copy './su' to '/system/bin/su': Permission denied

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb push ./busybox
    /system/bin
    failed to copy './busybox' to '/system/bin/busybox': Permission denied

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb push busybox /
    system/bin
    failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/bin/busybox': Permission denied

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell chmod 07
    55 /system/bin/busybox

e

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb push ./Superus
    er.apk /system/app
    failed to copy './Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/Superuser.apk': Permission deni
    ed

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell chmod 47
    55 /system/bin

55 /system/bin/su

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell ln -s /s
    ystem/bin/su /system/xbin/su
    ln: not found

e

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb push ./flash_i
    mage /system/bin
    failed to copy './flash_image' to '/system/bin/flash_image': Permission denied

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell chmod 07
    55 /system/bin/flash_image

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb push ./recover
    y.img /data/local/recovery.img
    2998 KB/s (4710400 bytes in 1.534s)

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell chmod 77
    7 /data/local/recovery.img

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell flash_im
    age recovery /data/local/recovery.img
    flash_image: not found

e

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell rm /data
    /local/recovery.img
    rm: not found

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb push ./cut /sy
    stem/bin
    failed to copy './cut' to '/system/bin/cut': Permission denied

55 /system/bin/cut

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb push ./fix_per
    missions /system/bin
    failed to copy './fix_permissions' to '/system/bin/fix_permissions': Permission
    denied

55 /system/bin/fix_permissions

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb-wait-for-devic
    e
    'adb-wait-for-device' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell fix_perm
    issions
    fix_permissions: not found

e

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>adb shell sync

e

C:\Users\Eddie Jones\Desktop\Root_ZTE\X500_Zerg_Root_OneClick>pau se
    Press any key to continue . . .
    Any help would be appreciated

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

If your phone was rooted a factory reset shouldn't have unrooted it. Also was wondering do you have custom recovery installed if you do just install one of the rooted roms. If not try taking the folder out of the x500 zerg rush zip and placing it on your C: drive I was told once this works better for xp. It also sounds like from the errors at least there is some missing files in the x500 zerg folder on your desktop. The folder inside the zip needs to contain everything that's in it to work. Not sure this is the issue but you might check to make sure. Also make sure usb debugging is turned on in phone settings. Hope this helps

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by stedman420; 07-30-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stedman420 View Post
    If your phone was rooted a factory reset shouldn't have unrooted it. Also was wondering do you have custom recovery installed if you do just install one of the rooted roms. If not try taking the folder out of the x500 zerg rush zip and placing it on your C: drive I was told once this works better for xp. It also sounds like from the errors at least there is some missing files in the x500 zerg folder on your desktop. The folder inside the zip needs to contain everything that's in it to work. Not sure this is the issue but you might check to make sure. Also make sure usb debugging is turned on in phone settings. Hope this helps

Thanks that did the trick. I purthe folder in the root of my C drive and now we have root. Thanks

Customer Since
    oct 2011

Now that I have rooted my phone, how do I remove the bloatware? (yes, I'm a newb)

Customer Since
    Oct 2007

how to get into recovery zte score

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by Angel215i View Post
    how to get into recovery zte score
    This thread has instructions for ya

ZTE Score User Manual

Customer Since
    Phone
    ZTE Sonata 4G

The way on how I do it also is to download Android Terminal Emulator and on it, first type "su", then type "reboot recovery"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information