Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    Sorry my reply earlier somehow got attached to the reply to Grl456 directly after your post. I would consider saving your money on the insurance for this phone. As for a fix this thread will help you and you probably wont need to unroot your phone http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...y-how-fix.html Basically you will be reinstalling your operating system. Post back here if you need more assistance
    Hope this is not to inappropriate but I love you :P

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score

Thanks now I fell all warm inside. Plus its 95* here at work right now! 0_0

Phone
    ZTE Score

Hi, I'm starting from scratch, and know nothing about using terminal on my mac to root it. I was looking into terminal for mac os x but not sure what 'shell' i should use. I'm the total definition of 'noob'. I'm sure that there are alot of cool programmers/enthusiasts,etc. out there who take to it like duck to water, but I'm not one of those people.

To the point, though, I need step by step help. the files I downloaded to the SD card shows as hidden with a ._ or a . or some other combo by the file name so it cant be opened on the phone or seen in terminal. How to I make every file(if not most of the important ones) seen and accessible, while at the same time, close the vulnerability once I'm all done setting up the root and backing things up?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Phone
    ZTE Score

manually install apps and wifi hotspot

My first question is it possible to make the zte score a hotspot? I've searched up and down. Installed barnical which didn't work.
    Second question is I've manually installed one app by copying the app from data/ app on my phone to the sd, then to the computer them from the computer to the sd on another phone and placing the apk into the data/app location. Using ROM Tool Box for moving files around on the phone. Seemed to work. Is there another folder I should extract to move saved data?
    Third. Is it possible to install an app without internet access and no rom manager just using usb debugging. I basically have a score with no service, no local wifi and have installed cwm .
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-13-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

My first question is it possible to make the zte score a hotspot? I've searched up and down. Installed barnical which didn't work.
    Yes you can look around for wifi-tether settings apk's. However unless you pay the $10 extra dollars you will get a cricket splash screen. And I don't recommend this as you will end up throttled very quickly.

Second question is I've manually installed one app by placing the apk into the data/app location. Seemed to work and haven't tested it yet. Is there another folder I should extract to move saved data?
    Not sure what you mean on this one.

Third. Is it possible to install an app without internet access and no rom manager just using usb debugging. I basically have a score with no contract, no local wifi and have installed cwm .
    Internets not needed for apk installation. Just put apk on your sdcard and install from there. I'm not sure what you need rom manager for it currently still does not support this device.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Phone
    ZTE Score

Just updated my previous post for what I use ROM Tool Box for. I've found that it works pretty good once CWM is installed. I don't use all the features though but all file mod tool work that I have used.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Just updated my previous post for what I use ROM Tool Box for. I've found that it works pretty good once CWM is installed. I don't use all the features though but all file mod tool work that I have used.
    You should be able to install any app you've backed up from data/app from your sdcard. Also you could use titanium backup to backup your apps and data. Save it on your new sdcard and then install titanium on your second device and restore. No other folders should be needed as long as the app your backing up is a user app. Oh and I'm still just using ghost commander for file management it's lightweight and can do most of the stuff romtoolbox has to offer for this device. Hope this helps.

Phone
    ZTE Score

just found out I can share apps via bluetooth which makes everything easier. I bought a zte score off craigslist for $20 for my daughter to have as a cheap game player

Overall activity: 1.0%

@stedman420 = You tha man!

Can any one give a description of how to use metamorph, I've looked all over and can't get anything to work, i tried the app, i tried several different tutorials, I'm deodexed, an everything idk what I'm doing wrong
    Last edited by EddieG; 07-13-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Well the bluetooth idea seemed great until I tried it. " Paired but not connected" I tried three different apps to accomplish this then gave up and went back to moving files around

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Well the bluetooth idea seemed great until I tried it. " Paired but not connected" I tried three different apps to accomplish this then gave up and went back to moving files around

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk 2
    If trying to bluetooth an apk file this won't work. However if you zip the files you want to bluetooth and then send them to another phone and extract your zip then install from sdcard you shouldn't have a problem. At least this has been my experience. Just make sure you have an app to do the extracting on the second phone. Hope this helps

Customer Since

yes I am wandering about using Zergs rush root for this phone? how do you do it?

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by Mcard13 View Post
    yes I am wandering about using Zergs rush root for this phone? how do you do it?
    If using windows try this post

Modified Zerg Root Rush to also flash recovery could use more testing

Or this one

[Tutorial] beginners how to customize the ZTE score in under 30 min

If using a mac I'm not to sure on the procedure but you should be able to google it. Hope this helps

Phone
    ZTE Score

Denying Permission threw me for a boot loop

Went to sleep downloading games for my daughter last night with one in progress and two in line. Woke up to the first one of three "Leg Surgery" complete and the two others couldnt load due to lack of storage space! "What? I've got 3.4 gigs left." Tried to download again with the same result.

Cleared notifications only to be blessed with an ad in the notification bar. Probably for another hack game. Isn't that nice at 4:30am before work. Went to running services to find Leg Surgery running as well as My Uploads. I've never uploaded anything, nore seen it running before. Qucik uninstall app and two other apps that just happened to be in running services marked inactive just for looking suspicious.

Seemed to fix the ad in my notifications bar problem and was able to download again. Addon Detector here I come. Ran that program and deleted two more games for wanting permission to "Allow access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service." Only Tapatalk and Lookout Security are on that list, so I didn't think a game needed that much access. What do I know though I'm just nervious at this point.

Got to work and decided I'd get smart and 1up the app and download Permissions Denied and a seemingly low threat game that only wanted my contact information. I don't have anyones email on my phone, so why not I'll deny that permission once downloaded. I read all the boot loop warnings about using that app but I'm not gonna do anything major to anything important, right?

Well I'm stuck in boot loop and was foolish enough not to have made a recent backup. So was this mallicious on the part of the app for denying that one permission or something else? It seemed like a harmless thing to do. Some of the nicest looking games seem to have the most entrucive permissions.

I'm recovered now. Let me know what you think of this app situation and maybe some suggestions about limiting app access.
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-16-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information