Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

my phone is in bootloop and not passing moove music

Quote Originally Posted by stedman420 View Post
    If using windows try this post

Modified Zerg Root Rush to also flash recovery could use more testing

Or this one

[Tutorial] beginners how to customize the ZTE score in under 30 min

If using a mac I'm not to sure on the procedure but you should be able to google it. Hope this helps

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Sir, my phone is in boot loop and not passing move music.. it is also not rooted and i m also not getting recovery mode by combo button..however download mode is ok...is there any way to fix my phone.. many many thanks in advance..plz help

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Sir, my phone is in boot loop and not passing move music.. it is also not rooted and i m also not getting recovery mode by combo button..however download mode is ok...is there any way to fix my phone.. many many thanks in advance..plz help..if anyone can give me a recovery tar file for odin flash or any suggestion to root the phone with boot loop mode.. thanks in advance

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Odin is only for samsungs. And that's not download mode. When doing button combo after triangle appears just press settings button (the one left of home key it looks like 4 lines) and then you'll see recovery menu just use volume to scroll down to factory reset and use camera button to select. Hope this helps

Phone
    ZTE Score

I boot looped twice yesterday and the only connection I can make Between the two times is I downloaded Busybox both times.

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-18-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stedman420 View Post
    Odin is only for samsungs. And that's not download mode. When doing button combo after triangle appears just press settings button (the one left of home key it looks like 4 lines) and then you'll see recovery menu just use volume to scroll down to factory reset and use camera button to select. Hope this helps

By any means i m not getting recovery mode.. i tryed all the method but no joy... without recovery is there any method to do factory reset even if phone is not fully booting up??.. however i almost gave up...

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    I boot looped twice yesterday and the only connection I can make is I downloaded Busybox both times.

Sir, how u could fixed boot looped... please help

Phone
    ZTE Score

Sir, how u could fixed boot looped... please help
    Pull your battery Then replace it and if you can't power your phone on while holding power, volume down, and camera button until you see the android with a triangle I can't help. That would be above me.

Sent from my ZTE X500 Score
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-18-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Any ideas on Busybox causing a boot loop? I really only need one file from it to operate Permissions Denied but a little nervous after two boot loops.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Any ideas on Busybox causing a boot loop? I really only need one file from it to operate Permissions Denied but a little nervous after two boot loops.

Ok I've just tried recreating your problem and so far I have been unable to. I was hoping you could walk me through the steps you took when this happened. Also what rom are you running and what version of superuser are you using.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Running exile kitchen with BlackICE and SU 3.1.3. I downloaded the permissions app which told me I needed BusyBox. Installed Stephen(stericson) version changed the permission then had to reboot to complete. Froze on boot. The second time didn't download the permissions app only BusyBox. Same frozen boot after a reboot. Didn't do anything different other than BusyBox download.
    Phones back up now and I've rebooted many times since.

Last edited by Devicive; 07-18-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Running exile kitchen with BlackICE and downloaded the permissions app which told me I needed BusyBox. Installed Stephen(stericson) version changed the permission then had to reboot to complete. Froze on boot. The second time didn't download the permissions app only BusyBox. Same frozen boot after a reboot. Didn't do anything different other than BusyBox download.
    Phones back up now and I've rebooted many times since.

I downloaded the permissions app and wasn't sure why busybox was needed until I opened app. Then downloaded busybox installer and busybox install went great. Permissions app worked fine for me but I only changed one permission then used the very same app to reboot. I am however using stripped blue (of course) I'm not running black ice at the moment. And I'm using superuser 3.0.7 with su binary 3.0.3.2 as I found the new superuser was having a lag when apps called to su on this device which was causing a few issues here and there. I've also had some hiccups here and there with exile_kitchen (ie last time I tried to load rom all I got was zte screen however this has only been my experience) Not sure if any of these made the difference but I thought I'd let you know my experience. Hope this helps

Phone
    ZTE Score

I'll try to do it again tonight. Is there a way to download an app from my phone and make changes prior to its installation or a way to quarantine.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok I stand corrected my battery was dying so I powered off switched to my fresh one turned my phone back on and got nothing but zte screen. Please do not try installing busybox it does seem to be causing some issues (it is hard to make an app compatible with every device especially this one) I may have a work around for this though that will still let you use permissions app. I will get back to you after some investigation and testing. Again the latest busybox does seem to be freezing this phone on boot so please don't try installing it. I will also try and figure that one out when I get a chance. Just hang tight for a little and I'll get back to you. Hope this helps

Phone
    ZTE Score

I should have told you I booted by turning my phone off then on. Just didn't think there was a difference. Thanks.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Ok I've thrown a zip together to install the chattr applet which is all permissions denied needs to work. The way I see it why install more than what's needed. This seemed to work fine once I installed this zip. However as I'm sure your aware permissons denied is an advanced application and comes with alot of warnings especially concerning bootloop. My advice is the same as the first comment on play store for this app. Change 1 permission on 1 app reboot through normal methods (the apps reboot only seems to hot boot the phone) (reboots ui only) then make sure everything is working and repeat for every permission. Also never use master control. This may seem tedious but is the safest. I would even make a backup everytime you get a permission change to stick. Again tedious but may save some time as you go. Anyway all you have to do is install the zip from recovery like usual(it's small and will install fast) then reboot. It will allow you to use permissions denied without the need for busybox installer. Also it won't matter if permissions denied is already installed or not. Also I'm not sure if the very small lag in the newest superuser will cause an issue. If so I have some zips for newest superuser and superuser 3.0.7 on my pinch zoom post along with some other fun tools. Again though I can't stress enough that permissions denied is an app for advanced users so not for everyone use extreme caution when using this app. Anyway here's the link for chattr applet.

Chattr Applet

http://db.tt/Hk5fFDTD

Hope this helps

Phone
    ZTE Score

Another days disaster. I was moving games to my computer to place them on my daughters phone when I noticed Google Play say my phone isn't compatible with about half the apps I already have installed.
    I figured I would just restore my last save point I made after my last adventure. Well it didn't help. I even went through all the steps of deleting data and cache.
    I really don't want to start from scratch again.
    Just looked at the logcat and its ugly. I don't even know what I'm really looking at exactly but I can get a clue and it looks bad.
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-19-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Do the games work on your phone? As far as google play who cares what it thinks It says dolphin hd isn't compatible but have you noticed how well it works. It also says voice search isn't compatible but it comes stock on this phone. Google translate is another great workin apk thats not compatible. I would say if it works then no worries. I wouldn't put much stock in what google play says isn't compatible just try the apk and if it works keep it if it don't delete it As far as odd logcats this can come from many things including but not limited to denying apk's permissions, making tweaks to system, etc.... Again if it's working well keep it if not start over. Just remember rule #1 backup before making any changes no matter how small they seem. Hope this helps

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information