Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score

I never changed any permissions or even install chatter. I was just moving files. I don't like the fact that Google play won't show you any apps that aren't compatible. I first noticed it on the game bounce. Its a very basic game so that leads me to assume I will be missing out on a lot.

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    I never changed any permissions or even install chatter. I was just moving files. I don't like the fact that Google play won't show you any apps that aren't compatible. I first noticed it on the game bounce. Its a very basic game so that leads me to assume I will be missing out on a lot.

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk 2
    No reason to miss out just download from somewhere else. I can usually find downloads on apktop just make sure to click on download from apktop link not the google play link. The promblem with google play is with the specs listed for an apk doesn't always match the basic specs they have for a device witch then makes it incompatible. In other words they don't really know what works for what. They just know the basics. However there is alot of apks play store says is not compatible but work great on this phone anyway. And then there's some that play store says are compatible but then end up causing bootloop or the phone to freeze. So just find somewhere else to download said apk and if it works keep it if it don't uninstall it. Again what play store says is compatible or not compatible really makes no difference. Trial and error will be the only way to know what works and what doesn't. I think somewhere around here their was a post on this already. It may just be me but if it's already on your phone and works I'm failing to understand the problem Sorry I just wouldn't take play stores suggestions as law as they really don't know what works on every device how could they. Just find an alternate download. Oh and btw the chattr applet is perfectly safe it just adds another busybox applet to your system/bin folder. It's the apk's that use these applets that can sometimes cause issues. Sorry if it seems I'm not helping or if I seem offensive. I truly am trying to help I guess I just don't get the true nature of the problem. Anyway I found the thread I mentioned earlier so here's the link

http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...zte-score.html

Hope this helps

Sent from my X500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Phone
    ZTE Score

I guess what bothers me is that something on the phones software went wrong in order to send Google play false information or how ever that works. One minute I download an app the next I'm not compatible. Also there was a lot of misc warnings on my logcat reading. Stuff about keyboard,tapatalk, android this and that. A couple system errors. I noticed a few other issues earlier in the day as well. Looked at the logcat then to see 2 fails. Didn't know what they meant. So when I installed my backup and nothing changed. I figured there's a deeper problem.
    Anyways I'm using blue mod now. Took me an hour to get back to where I was before. I'm becoming very familiar with the routine lately so I've decided to leave Rom Tool Box behind and Catlog app to pursue a more in depth understanding. I vow to use the emulator. (Try)
    Btw. Wow is it nice not to immediately have to delete stuff I don't like from a Rom.!! And....... 15Mb of used internal storage after updates and downloads! I couldn't do that if I tried harder. I TRIED. Got down to 23.

Sent from my ZTE X500 Score
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-19-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

@devicive Thanks it did take a bit to solve the mem issue. A2sd helps alot. And also was why I put together an odex version and a deodexed version. Odex files means no dalvik-cache. As far as the keyboard goes if you have removed the original keyboards (not sayin you did) you'll get an error but it's not one to worry about. You would have to make some changes in .smali files and in the framework-res.apk's resources.arsc plus some xml changes (these call to xt9 for default) But as long as you have a workin keyboard installed (and you have to or phone won't boot) I wouldn't worry about it. As far as tapatalk well.... not sure what to say on that one But it has made life on the forums easier when usin the phone. Oh and I'm pretty sure no false info was sent to play store it's just the way it is especially for a not so popular device that's only offered in the U.S. Anyway thanks for the compliment on the rom and hopefully you get everything worked out.

I can't sync my gmail account to android market.

Everytime I try to sync my account to my phone or android market it says "can't find a reliable data connection for the server" plus I can't download images. In the past I had rebooted, rooted, and reset my phone a lot. Can it be that this messed up my phone? The internet works great just I can't open android market with my gmail = no apps and i can't download images. What should I do?

Phone
    ZTE Score

Quote Originally Posted by Grl456 View Post
    I can't sync my gmail account to android market.
    Have you installed a custom ROM? I've had a problem twice now where the market didn't recognize my phone. The only thing that corrected it was to start from scratch.

Last edited by Devicive; 07-23-2012 at 05:46 AM.

I tried restoring it to factory a bunch of times. And rebooting it. What's a custom ROM and how do you install it? The problem is after restoring it to factory mode, after the same problem as before, i tried to sync my phone with my gmail and all it said was "Can't establish data connection to the server". And it says the same when I try to open android market with my gmail. But i have good internet connection and browser. And i tried WiFi and syncing my gmail to youtube, but still no fix.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Did you delete your cache From recovery before factory restore? That needs to happen as well sometimes.
    I just noticed you have been down this problem road before, so you may have already deleted your cache. Have you been deleting apps you thought weren't of any use? This could do it as well.

Are you rooted now? Cause the last time you were here you weren't from what I could tell but your recent post says you are. This makes a difference in what to do.
    Look back around page9 I think for my journey through ROM installation. The process I used was simple and easy. Just a few apps. If you decide to go for it, make sure you feel comfortable with your understanding of the information first and ask questions if you aren't.

Last edited by Devicive; 07-23-2012 at 08:36 AM.

I don't have acess to a computer and I can't download images or apps. I have tried clearing the cache and have deleted tons of apps.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    Did you delete your cache From recovery before factory restore? That needs to happen as well sometimes.
    I just noticed you have been down this problem road before, so you may have already deleted your cache. Have you been deleting apps you thought weren't of any use? This could do it as well.

Are you rooted now? Cause the last time you were here you weren't from what I could tell but your recent post says you are. This makes a difference in what to do.
    Look back around page9 I think for my journey through ROM installation. The process I used was simple and easy. Just a few apps. If you decide to go for it, make sure you feel comfortable with your understanding of the information first and ask questions if you aren't.
    Wait...I'm not rooted. I forgot what meant what for a second - I thought I was.
    I find the instrutions a little confusing.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by Grl456 View Post
    I don't have acess to a computer and I can't download images or apps. I have tried clearing the cache and have deleted tons of apps.
    Can you download a zip file from your browser? And do you have cwm recovery? If yes to both of these then download the stock rom found in the score forums, install it, then do a factory reset.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Anyone who is rooted needs to have CWM to save your a**. Especially when enjoying some system app deletion.
    Sorry...... late post.
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-23-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

If not rooted factory reset then use phone dialer to dial *228 this should help

Phone
    ZTE Score

I just downloaded Download Manager and it downloaded files I previously couldn't. Kind of exciting.. Don't need a computer that much now but requires more work. As I'm sure you know this all too well Stedman420
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-23-2012 at 09:32 AM.

I'm sorry I thought you meant if I deleted apps that I already downloaded myself. I've downloaded and deleted many apps. I did the trick of holding the camera button, volume down key and power button apon turning it on. And I've selected everything on the menu that showed up with the android icon, white triangle. Is that rooted? I also done this well over five times. I did this again after I couldn't download images or open android market app. And when I tried to re-sync my gmail to my phone the message "Can't establish data connection to the server" showed. As well as when I tried to re-open the android market app with a new gmail account. I also can not seem to download anything from anywhere including images, android market, and APkTOPS.com. And my phone is back to factory mode. So I feel stuck!

Phone
    ZTE Score

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Have you tried Stedman's suggestion above?
    I don't believe you are stuck yet.
    Last edited by Devicive; 07-23-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information