Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score

Cricket has a 2 gig limit now before the throttle for the last few months.
    The 45$ plan is 3g and everything else. My wife's phone works fine. Same phone and plan.
    zte score

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

where i am in california it's 1gig limit on 3g data unless i wanna pay em another 10$ for another gig. thats what my account says anyway. and they shut my connection off at 1020meg outta 1024 instead of throttling it down(and i mean they shut it off) even when my data reset it still wouldn't work and i had to redo my rom so. it's evidently different for different area's

Phone
    ZTE Score

I'm in Missouri. I can't believe they just shut you off! That really sucks. I thought the 2 gig cap then throttle was across the board for everyone. That's why it's unlimited data. I guess they don't sell unlimited plans out there.

zte score

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Customer Since
    4-2012
    Phone
    ZTE Score

Okay so here is what I think happened. A couple of days before my bill came due I overaged on my data limit. They slowed me down. Then a few days later I paid bill. The phone never kicked into 3g again... I factory reset it However, now I realize the reset did not really effect my speed until I did the *228 reprogram, which I realize now I had done right before I wrote my last post. So that's what did it.

But we should not have to hard reset everytime we go over our data limit. Maybe just try *228 w/o restoring. That could reset the connection. This is just a guess for the future. Maybe Devicive could try too.

I don't know why they told me $45 dollar plan was 1x. Figures. I also did not know that plan was no data.

This is my first smartphone so I am still learning.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Don't worry the plan has data. I've had it On two phones for two months now.
    I just tried 228 and it said it failed to program my phone. Is that because I have a custom Rom?
    I was really hoping that would be the fix.

zte score

Phone
    ZTE Score

UPDATE!!!!!! I dialed 228 again and it worked! As of right now its showing 3g. Haven't tried anything yet but just setting it is a step in the right direction

zte score

Customer Since
    june 2010
    Phone
    zte score x500

you guys got lucky. glad it's fixed though

Customer Since
    4-2012
    Phone
    ZTE Score

Yeah I'm so happy it's working for you Devicive. I do have a question for you though on your plan. I just got off the phone w/Cricket. I am paying $55 a month w/a 2.5g data limit. I'm supposed to get Muve music but it doesn't work (says SD card is not programmed). So I called cricket to find out what would be the difference in the plan I have and $45 plan. They are telling me no data (meaning no apps, no angry birds, no instagram or anything else I would want from playstore). They tell me this $45 plan is UNLIMITED-NO CAP. LOLs. Don't get me wrong I believe you are getting these data/apps, but why are they telling me this? I want to downgrade if your getting the same thing I am.

What's funny when I log into Cricket my plan that I am on is faded real light and says my phone is not compatible w/this plan. lol again.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Weird. Back when I first asked what the difference in the plan was the told me it just didn't have " my back up" I never used it so I wouldn't know the difference there but the play store is still working fine. Just used it today. I've got unlimited everything. Maybe they want to discourage people from getting it so they will buy the $55 plan. Wouldn't doubt it.
    Curious though. Maybe since you just recently got your phone they pulled the muve music SD card so that you couldn't use its feature. No bother though, download MP3 ringtone maker to download songs for free and if you do have the muve music sd card get a different one if you want to have more than one gig of card space. I put a 16 gig in my wife's phone, I've gotta 8 gig in mine.

zte score
    Last edited by Devicive; 10-14-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Customer Since
    4-2012
    Phone
    ZTE Score

Thanks, ya I might go into the store and ask them about it. I just wanna be able to go back to my plan if the other doesn't work for some reason and w/the website saying it's not available makes me a little nervous.

I found my muve music card put it in and re-tried the app but it just says loading app for like 15 min. Does not work, so I definitely want to downgrade my plan since that is what the $10 bucks extra actually is. I have a 4g card that I use normally. I dont use the Muve card I forgot I even had it.

Thanks

Customer Since
    Phone
    rooted score x500

try root

U could also try rooting it then flashing cwm recovery and flash exile kitchen rom on there and see if that helps. Speeds ur phone and makes it less frustrating if anything lol. Im on the $55 plan to but havent had any trouble with my 3g. My wife just buys the $55 card from walmart. 1000 min, unlimited text, 2.5 gig a month. She also has not had any problems. I have rooted, flashed cwm recovery and flashed exile kitchen on both our phones also. So not sure if that has anything to do with it ether. Good luck and hopefully everything works out

Phone
    ZTE Score

Well sad to say that even though my 3g symbol is on now watching a youtube video is impossible. 6 seconds or less at a time between long durations of loading. I'm getting -79db and I'm half a month into service so I can't be over data limit yet. Haven't ever been before. There isn't an app that helps either.

zte score

Customer Since
    Phone
    rooted score x500

hey

How many cell towers are located around u? Also is ur reception better outside? I have a couple dead spots n my house that 3g stays on but as u said youtube is unwatchable. Try outside and if better it maybe something in ur home reducing signal. Ex. Windows, siding, paint etc.. theres equipment u can buy that will give u better cell reception and even homemade things u can make. Try youtube homemade cell boosters.

Phone
    ZTE Score

I'm mostly retarded at this point. Granted my 3g was out till I dialed *228 but my remaining lag is a throttle issue. I thought when they increased the data throttle to 2.5 gig it was across the board. How wrong I am. That's the $60 plan. Mine is 1 gig of which I am over. Must have watched too many videos.:what:

zte score

Customer Since

i have a zte score phone and when i insert my muve music sd card it says "Preparing SD Card" then goes to "Blank SD Card" "The card has unsupported files" and it stays on my screen no matter what i do with my phone......i haven't had my phone no longer than 4 and a half months and it's acting up like this. what should i do.?? cause i need my music to function when i'm working and exercising. and i can't open my music app cause it says "insert muve music sd card" but the card has never been taken out of my phone and it won't mount.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information