Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Does anyone know how to get a hold of the proprietary zte drivers that would be needed to build android for the x500. I was thinking about giving it a try. ref:
    Building for devices | Android Open Source

Thanks,
    Brian

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Score Recovery

Rebecca and Michael. They don't mention this in the instructions BUT IT IS IMPORTANT to wipe/reformat the cache if you are resetting back to stock. If you are having trouble with factory reset then go to recovery mode and wipe/reformat the cache before wiping user data. More than once I have had the same problems you are having then after wiping the cache everything works "as advertised"

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
    Does anyone know how to get a hold of the proprietary zte drivers that would be needed to build android for the x500. I was thinking about giving it a try. ref:
    Building for devices | Android Open Source

The manufacturers website has USB drivers. I am not a dev but I got ADB to work after uninstalling the
    manufacturers Windows drivers

and using only the Google drivers that insalled through the
    Android Software Development Kit (SDK)

Quote Originally Posted by MaPMaKaR View Post
    The manufacturers website has USB drivers. I am not a dev but I got ADB to work after uninstalling the
    manufacturers Windows drivers

and using only the Google drivers that insalled through the
    Android Software Development Kit (SDK)

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for the drivers for the phone OS, not the drivers to connect Windows to the phone.

Brian

So I just got the ZTE Score and rooted it already and went to put CWM on it and when I use Terminal Emulator I have a lot of problems trying to get the damn keyboard to load. Sometimes if I change the settings it works. So I go to install CWM and it says flash_image invalid permissions. Sounds like my Super User Binary is out of date. So I go to update the binary and it fails at MD5 everytime. I tried to update the root since that's what seems to be causing the issue. That just hangs every time.

I also have another issue where my Wifi will turn on but when I go to scan for networks it crashes. If I don't scan for networks it still crashes after time. Haven't been able to connect to my router or another friends router. Even if I put it in manually it never connects.

Was wondering what I can do to get it back to Stock Cricket Software, before rooting. I can get into recovery mode and I have recovery.img and zip's that i've downloaded that said they were the stock Rom but those fail too. My phone still works fine. Just no Wifi.

This phone has me twisted. My Zio and other Android devices were easy to root and get CWM on. I like to think i know what im doing since I can go into the phone and change the inner working like the numbers with QPST and was able to do that with this just last night and got my esn changed from here.
    Last edited by russcuss36; 05-22-2012 at 04:12 PM.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I had the same issues. This is how I resolved:

Use the Android Keyboard in Terminal Emulator. -Go to type a text message or eMail but long press in the "type to compose" field then click input method then select Android Keyboard... OR just go to Settings and select Language and Keyboard and then select Android Keyboard... then open Terminal Emulator... keyboard should work now.

If your rooted you should have CWM recovery and have made a nandroid backup to go back to "stock" anyway if you can boot into recovery (in terminal emulator type reboot recovery or hold down vol down and camera button while power on button) I suggest, in this order, you format the SD card then flash the excellent exile_kitchen.zip custom ROM then update the su binary then install AP2SDGUI.apk then use that app to enable zipalign on boot and then (important) move then davlik cache to SD (will cause reboot) then enjoy all the extra internal memory space!

The X500 Score is a sweet little phone for the price once you get it tweaked. I bought two at $29.99 on sale at Best Buy. Before I flashed the ROM I could barely install two or three apps before I started getting low system memory messages. Now I always have about 120MB free and I have lots and lots of apps installed!

Now if I could only get the proximity sensor to behave and get the battery to last longer than a couple of hours it would be perfect! I guess these are issues with this model we all might just have to live with.

What I meant by recovery was the stock recovery that ZTE has built in. Not CWM. But thanks to your help i can use terminal emulator now. Will keep you up to date on what I did to get CWM to install.

So this is what i type in to get CWM to install

su
    -to get super user running

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    -to install but i get Permission Denied

I have the flash_imagein /system/bin (i believe forgot where i put it)
    I have the CWM recovery.img file on the root of the sdcard.

What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by russcuss36; 05-22-2012 at 05:08 PM.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Well I am such a noob! Yes, that's how I did it but I installed the SDK and used the adb command line on my PC and not Terminal Emulator. After I had already done it I found these instructions on how to flash recovery from the SD card using Terminal Emulator without putting the flash_image binary in the /system/bin:

You don't need to install the sdk.

Install a terminal emulator on your phone.

Download:
    http://cricketusers.com/downloads/ZT...M_RECOVERY.zip

inside that zip is a folder and another zip, take the recovery.img out of the folder & take the flash_image out of the 2nd zip and put them both on your sdcard.

disconnect the phone from the computer and run the terminal emulator

type su so the $ prompt changes to a # prompt.

(then the following instructions are form:
    Flash image - CyanogenMod Wiki

)

Then at the # prompt in the terminal emulator run the command:
    mount -o remount,exec /dev/block/vold/179:1 /sdcard

Then run:
    cd /sdcard

Then run:
    ./flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...#ixzz1u3Wpchts

Last edited by MaPMaKaR; 05-22-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Still can't get it to work. I tried those steps and all I get is Permission Denied.

I found out why my SU binary wouldn't update. Busybox wasn't included with the root installation.
    Still didnt fix the issue of getting CWM to install.

I don't know what i did differently but it worked this time. Thx for all your help. If I still have issues with my wifi i will post something else.
    Last edited by russcuss36; 05-22-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Quote Originally Posted by russcuss36 View Post
    Still can't get it to work. I tried those steps and all I get is Permission Denied.

I found out why my SU binary wouldn't update. Busybox wasn't included with the root installation.
    Still didnt fix the issue of getting CWM to install.

I don't know what i did differently but it worked this time. Thx for all your help. If I still have issues with my wifi i will post something else.
    Your wifi issue sounds like an integral sys app (Prolly looked like just another useless piece of BLOAT - 'MuveMusic?? shoulda called it '(Re)MUVE At All Costs!' lol) has been corrupted, frozen, uninstalled or just generally FUBAR'd... If problem still there, might try a complete SysApp restore, then Reboot & check wifi again.

Also recommend u install, if u dont have it or the like already, CatLog & have it recording while u recreate the crash... may even have a clue or two hidden in the logs - otherwise, there's no harm if the error isnt immediately apparent.

GL & HTH,

JaMes W.

I want to jumpjumpjum4joy

Thanks for all the input on this forum. I'm 31 and it was a little difficult to learn all of this quickly.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Quote Originally Posted by badjasonn View Post
    Thanks for all the input on this forum. I'm 31 and it was a little difficult to learn all of this quickly.
    Well a late start is better than none at all, rite?! haha

Good way to get into 'modding' - whether it be phones, vid game systems, or even adding Windows Media Player & Solitaire to a mid-lower-priced (read: CHEAP!) GPS unit - is to just get bored with gadgets rather quickly & imagine how awesome it COULD be if it also featured....? Then call-up our old-friend/future-overlord Google & 'mod' away!! Cuz hacking isnt necessarily a negative term...

However u decide to do it, by net tutorial or 'blind' trial & error, remember 2 things: 1. ALWAYS make a backup, snap a pic (or grab schematics if possible!) before breaking out the Soldering Gun & Helping Hands... AND 2. Have Fun or wats the point???

JW

Ive tried 3 different roms and the wifi still crashes. Could be a stock app issue but it was like that right after root. I was thinking something more like hardware failure or a mac address issue.

Any auto stock app installers out there you know of. Going outta town tomorrow could use some advise

Phone
    ZTE Score

Ive tried 3 different roms and the wifi still crashes. Could be a stock app issue but it was like that right after root. I was thinking something more like hardware failure or a mac address issue.

Any auto stock app installers out there you know of. Going outta town tomorrow could use some advise
    Hmm, nothing specifically for stock/branded apps that I know of....
    Will u have net access on ur excursion...? could prolly throw a rar archive of my Score's Bloatware (and the 1 or 2 IMPORTANT apps! lol) in my dropbox, or even my stickied Download thread for anybody else that might need to compare.

Btw, u COULD extract JUST the apks and their data folders from the Stock_ROM packages already available - more in-depth & technical, but excellent way to 'decypher' the mystery of the STILL UN-CM7'd ZTE x500.

Lemme know if u would like an archive of the apps & ill get it upped soon as i can... *Note: Probably will contain EVERY app the Score originated with..... EXCEPT THE CRAP-TASTIC MUVE MUSIC APP - NOT required, and NEVER backed-up(by me anyways! lol)

HTH,
    JW

This is what catlog pulled up. Dont know what to make of it. Checked online for a fix but found nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated

05-22 21:46:35.159 E/WifiHW (147): wifi_load_driver() +
    05-22 21:46:35.159 E/WifiHW (147): DRIVER_MODULE_ARG:
    05-22 21:46:37.389 E/WifiHW (147): delay 800 ms to launch supplicant
    05-22 21:46:38.189 E/WifiHW (147): ctrl ifname = /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): ifname /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0 is not ready, cnt=-1
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): WIFI: Unable to open connection to supplicant on "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0": No such file or directory
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): WIFI: Try to connect to supplicant again on "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0"
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): WIFI: Failed to open connection to supplicant again on "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0": No such file or directory
    05-22 21:46:51.239 E/WifiHW (147): Supplicant not running, cannot connect
    05-22 21:46:56.239 E/WifiHW (147): Supplicant not running, cannot connect
    05-22 21:47:01.239 E/WifiHW (147): Supplicant not running, cannot connect
    05-22 21:47:03.319 E/WifiHW (147): ioctl failed: No such device
    05-22 21:47:04.649 E/WifiHW (147): wifi_unload_driver() OK

Phone
    ZTE Score

This is what catlog pulled up. Dont know what to make of it. Checked online for a fix but found nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated

05-22 21:46:35.159 E/WifiHW (147): wifi_load_driver() +
    05-22 21:46:35.159 E/WifiHW (147): DRIVER_MODULE_ARG:
    05-22 21:46:37.389 E/WifiHW (147): delay 800 ms to launch supplicant
    05-22 21:46:38.189 E/WifiHW (147): ctrl ifname = /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): ifname /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0 is not ready, cnt=-1
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): WIFI: Unable to open connection to supplicant on "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0": No such file or directory
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): WIFI: Try to connect to supplicant again on "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0"
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): WIFI: Failed to open connection to supplicant again on "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0": No such file or directory
    05-22 21:46:51.239 E/WifiHW (147): Supplicant not running, cannot connect
    05-22 21:46:56.239 E/WifiHW (147): Supplicant not running, cannot connect
    05-22 21:47:01.239 E/WifiHW (147): Supplicant not running, cannot connect
    05-22 21:47:03.319 E/WifiHW (147): ioctl failed: No such device
    05-22 21:47:04.649 E/WifiHW (147): wifi_unload_driver() OK
    Using a Root file manager navigate to or search for wpa_supplicant folder AND the wpa_supplicant.conf file.

Just checked and I DO have both the .conf file and directory, tho no wlan0 until I enabled wifi, and wlan0 was created using wpa_supplicant.conf. --- Is /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf present on ur Score, if it is, copy over to ur sd to be safe & 'View' or 'Edit' to see the contents.

Here's how mine looks:
    Code:
     ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wifi
    update_config=1

network={
    ssid="Wayport_Access"
    key_mgmt=NONE
    priority=1
    }
    Help u @ all?

Lemme know wat u figure out, curious what went wrong because until a custom Kernel IS released the wifi & other drivers come 'pre-built' into the Score's kernel at compile time... so some app or tweak applied pretty recently cajiggered it. :banghead:

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information