Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Hey! I like the Muve Music! (or rather, my 7 year old likes it anyway)

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

wpa_supplicant

Quote Originally Posted by russcuss36 View Post
    This is what catlog pulled up. Dont know what to make of it. Checked online for a fix but found nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated

05-22 21:46:35.159 E/WifiHW (147): wifi_load_driver() +
    05-22 21:46:35.159 E/WifiHW (147): DRIVER_MODULE_ARG:
    05-22 21:46:37.389 E/WifiHW (147): delay 800 ms to launch supplicant
    05-22 21:46:38.189 E/WifiHW (147): ctrl ifname = /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): ifname /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0 is not ready, cnt=-1
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): WIFI: Unable to open connection to supplicant on "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0": No such file or directory
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): WIFI: Try to connect to supplicant again on "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0"
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): WIFI: Failed to open connection to supplicant again on "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0": No such file or directory
    05-22 21:46:51.239 E/WifiHW (147): Supplicant not running, cannot connect
    05-22 21:46:56.239 E/WifiHW (147): Supplicant not running, cannot connect
    05-22 21:47:01.239 E/WifiHW (147): Supplicant not running, cannot connect
    05-22 21:47:03.319 E/WifiHW (147): ioctl failed: No such device
    05-22 21:47:04.649 E/WifiHW (147): wifi_unload_driver() OK
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinchester1 View Post
    Using a Root file manager navigate to or search for wpa_supplicant folder AND the wpa_supplicant.conf file.

Just checked and I DO have both the .conf file and directory, tho no wlan0 until I enabled wifi, and wlan0 was created using wpa_supplicant.conf. --- Is /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf present on ur Score, if it is, copy over to ur sd to be safe & 'View' or 'Edit' to see the contents.

Here's how mine looks:
    Code:
     ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wifi
    update_config=1

network={
    ssid="Wayport_Access"
    key_mgmt=NONE
    priority=1
    }
    Help u @ all?

Lemme know wat u figure out, curious what went wrong because until a custom Kernel IS released the wifi & other drivers come 'pre-built' into the Score's kernel at compile time... so some app or tweak applied pretty recently cajiggered it. :banghead:

@JW:
    That file describes the wifi connections that are using wpa_supplicant. I see in mine that the passkeys are stored in plain text. This is bad. (bad Android) keys should be stored encrypted, at least they are in linux using `wpa_passphase "unecrypted_key".

@russcuss36: /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0 is a socket created by wpa_supplicatant.
    wpa_supplicant handles wpa* encryption. Are your settings for wifi encryption correct? I suggest you Google "wpa_supplicant E/WifiHW", and look around. There were quite a few hits.

@JW:
    What can you tell me about exile_kitchen?

Regards,
    Brian
    Last edited by bsquared; 05-23-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Added suggestion

It might be fun to figure out the code but if my Wi-Fi was FUBAR'd I would take it back to the store and get another one. Seriously, it could be a hardware issue. Obviously rooting should have never made a system app go all jiggy. I had a Score that the 3G radio would not work at all (before I rooted it) and Best Buy replaced it for free. I don't know about the Cricket store but Best Buy doesn't care if it's rooted or bricked or what but if it was me that broke it they just have me pay $10 for another replacement plan. I read somewhere in the forums that, with Cricket, rooting does not void the warranty anyway but I don't know for sure if that's true or not.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Quote Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
    @JW:
    That file describes the wifi connections that are using wpa_supplicant...

@JW:
    What can you tell me about exile_kitchen?

Regards,
    Brian
    But if wlan0 isnt being created (not present due to FC's wen attempt to enable wifi) the supplicant conf is the first thing I'd verify, since its creating the socket as needed.

And eXile_kitchen, besides being an excellent Custom ROM, is quandryon's 'baby', so he'd be the one to talk to for specifics...

Although I cant give TOO many details rite now - stark74 and I have been conspiring about a project that could very well put the Score in league with the 'big boys' in regards to performance, features, and customization.... Stay Tuned! lol

JW

I checked the wpa supplimant is there. The code of whats inside that file was different but i change it to what you have and still doesnt fix it. Its a used phone i bought off someone.

Quote Originally Posted by jwinchester1 View Post
    But if wlan0 isnt being created (not present due to FC's wen attempt to enable wifi) the supplicant conf is the first thing I'd verify, since its creating the socket as needed.

And eXile_kitchen, besides being an excellent Custom ROM, is quandryon's 'baby', so he'd be the one to talk to for specifics...

Although I cant give TOO many details rite now - stark74 and I have been conspiring about a project that could very well put the Score in league with the 'big boys' in regards to performance, features, and customization.... Stay Tuned! lol

JW
    It looks like it is not being brought up ...
    05-22 21:46:46.229 E/WifiHW (147): ifname /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/wlan0 is not ready, cnt=-1
    Thanks for the info about kitchen.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by russcuss36 View Post
    I checked the wpa supplimant is there. The code of whats inside that file was different but i change it to what you have and still doesnt fix it. Its a used phone i bought off someone.
    That is a configuration file that is used to setup a wireless connection. The contents are specific to the connections you have saved about wireless networks in your area. another file wont work unless it has your connection information.

The line in your logcat output
    indicates that the wireless interface is not brought up.

This is what logcat outputs when I bring up WiFi:
    Code:
    --------- beginning of /dev/log/system
    I/ActivityManager(  147): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.android.settings/.SecuritySettings } from pid 30808
    I/ActivityManager(  147): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.android.settings/.WirelessSettings } from pid 30808
    I/ActivityManager(  147): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.android.settings/.wifi.WifiSettings } from pid 30808
    I/WindowManager(  147): Setting rotation to 3, animFlags=0
    I/ActivityManager(  147): Config changed: { scale=1.0 imsi=310/0 loc=en_US touch=3 keys=1/1/2 nav=1/1 orien=2 layout=18 uiMode=17 seq=18}
    D/WifiService(  147): need reconfig
    D/WifiService(  147): need reconfig
    D/ConnectivityService(  147): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: CONNECTING/CONNECTING
    D/ConnectivityService(  147): Dropping ConnectivityChange for WIFI: CONNECTING/CONNECTING
    D/ConnectivityService(  147): Dropping ConnectivityChange for WIFI: CONNECTING/AUTHENTICATING
    D/ConnectivityService(  147): Dropping ConnectivityChange for WIFI: CONNECTING/OBTAINING_IPADDR
    D/ConnectivityService(  147): Dropping ConnectivityChange for WIFI: CONNECTING/OBTAINING_IPADDR
    D/ConnectivityService(  147): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: CONNECTED/CONNECTED
    D/ConnectivityService(  147): Got Network Connection Succ from Driver nwtype=1
    D/ConnectivityService(  147): adding dns 192.168.1.254 for WIFI
    D/WifiWatchdogService(  147): (android.server.ServerThread) 2WIRE081 (00:24:56:6a:43:39) does not require the watchdog
    D/NetworkManagmentService(  147): 200 default route replace succeeded for [wlan0 -4]
    E/NetworkManagmentService(  147): Failed to replace default route com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnectorException: Cmd {route replace def v6 wlan0 192.168.1.254} failed with code 501 : {Invalid gateway address}: for iface [wlan0]
    W/InputManagerService(  147): Starting input on non-focused client com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@40924790 (uid=10049 pid=30613)
    I/WindowManager(  147): Setting rotation to 0, animFlags=0
    I/ActivityManager(  147): Config changed: { scale=1.0 imsi=310/0 loc=en_US touch=3 keys=1/1/2 nav=1/1 orien=1 layout=18 uiMode=17 seq=19}
    W/InputManagerService(  147): Starting input on non-focused client com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@40924790 (uid=10049 pid=30613)
    D/ConnectivityService(  147): reportNetworkCondition(1, 100)
    D/ConnectivityService(  147): Inet connectivity change, net=1, condition=100,mActiveDefaultNetwork=1
    D/ConnectivityService(  147): starting a change hold
    D/ConnectivityService(  147): Inet hold end, net=1, condition =100, published condition =0
    I/ActivityManager(  147): Starting: Intent { flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateInstallDialog } from pid 268
    W/InputManagerService(  147): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@405fb230
    I/ActivityManager(  147): Start proc com.google.android.partnersetup for broadcast com.google.android.partnersetup/.GservicesChangedReceiver: pid=3578 uid=10023 gids={3003}
    I/ActivityManager(  147): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.SEARCH_LONG_PRESS flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.google.android.voicesearch/.RecognitionActivity } from pid 231
    You may try checking boot logs for wlan0 errors.
    Last edited by bsquared; 05-24-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added logcat output - wifi up

i have a zte score and i have a computer thats not windows based and debain and i was woundering if you have rooted you phone thought linux

Quote Originally Posted by keithheaton View Post
    i have a zte score and i have a computer thats not windows based and debain and i was woundering if you have rooted you phone thought linux
    If ADB connect the use
    Zerg Rush Linux script.

If ADB does not connect check my previous post here.

It took me about a week to figure this out. I would run adb and get no device found.
    You may have to install USB Mode switch on your PC. I don't know if it is available through Debian repos.

$ pacman -Qi usb_modeswitch
    Name : usb_modeswitch
    Version : 1.2.3-1
    URL :
    Draisberghof - Software - USB_ModeSwitch

Licenses : GPL
    Groups : None
    Provides : None
    Depends On : libusb-compat tcl
    Optional Deps : None
    Required By : None
    Conflicts With : None
    Replaces : None
    Installed Size : 1079.00 KiB
    Packager : Sergej Pupykin <pupykin.s+arch@gmail.com>
    Architecture : i686
    Build Date : Mon 09 Apr 2012 02:38:22 PM PDT
    Install Date : Wed 02 May 2012 06:51:07 PM PDT
    Install Reason : Explicitly installed
    Install Script : No
    Description : Activating switchable USB devices on Linux.

Regards,
    Brian

I'm still having issues with my wifi so I decided to delete all the wifi folders in the /system, /system/etc. Now when I try to connect to my wifi I just get error. I've rebooted my phone hoping the files would reload themselves to no luck. So I figured getting the stock kernel would install the required files I need. Was going to try to install a custom rom or the stock rom i backed up with CWM just thought I would keep you all updated on the issue at hand.

Phone
    ZTE Score

How do I go about downloading Dolphin HD?? I've tried app brain but that was a wrong choiceand I'm unsure of download sites without a reference.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    How do I go about downloading Dolphin HD?? I've tried app brain but that was a wrong choiceand I'm unsure of download sites without a reference.
    There's a link to it in my post here (That's Dolphin Browser HD version 8.0.1)

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MaPMaKaR View Post
    THANKS to all the developers behind the Score who made all this possible!

THANKS to all the members on this forum who have helped me so much!
    Don't forget to click the green button up on the top right if you find a post helpful!
    Last edited by MaPMaKaR; 05-31-2012 at 02:25 PM.

terminal emulator keyboard issue

When using the terminal emulator, hit menu key and go to email. when the keyboard appears then hit the back button back t t.e and it should work

Phone
    ZTE Score

Why does Dolphin HD crash so much?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    Why does Dolphin HD crash so much?
    Hmmm... dunno It has never crashed on either of my Scores and I use it a lot. I am running Dolphin Browser HD 8.0.1 on the exile_kitchen ROM. What ROM are you running? I have a blue dolphin theme and several other add-ons as well as Flash support.

Phone
    ZTE Score

Quote Originally Posted by MaPMaKaR View Post
    Hmmm... dunno It has never crashed on either of my Scores and I use it a lot. I am running Dolphin Browser HD 8.0.1 on the exile_kitchen ROM. What ROM are you running? I have a blue dolphin theme and several other add-ons as well as Flash support.
    I'm still running stock ROM cause not sure how to install new ROMs yet. My ROM Tool Box has an installer for it, I know that muchand I don't have flash support either. What would you suggest? Thanks you are a big help around here.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information