Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Post How to flash the ROM

Ya Dolphin Browser HD and Adobe Flash prolly won't work with the stock ROM. I would suggest flashing the ROM to exile_kitchen. The sc0r3d ROM might work as well but I haven't tried that one so I don't know. Those are the only two custom ROMs that I know of that are available for the Score at this time.

Assuming your Score is rooted and you have the Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery installed on the phone and you have a Windows 7 PC like me, here's the way I like to flash the ROM to exile_kitchen:

+ Boot the phone into recovery mode.
    + Select "backup and restore" then "backup" to make a nandroid backup of your current ROM.
    + When the backup is complete click the power button to go back the the main CWM menu
    + Select "mounts and storage" then "mount USB storage"
    + Open the window on your PC to view files and then move the backup file you just made to your PC for safekeeping.
    + Also move any pictures you want to keep from the /DCIM/camera folder to your PC
    + Backup any vids, music or any other files you may want to keep in same way.
    + Now, on the phone, select "unmount USB storage"
    + Power button to back one level and select select "wipe cache partition" then "wipe data/factory reset"
    + Then back again and "advanced" then "Wipe Dalvik Cache" then "Partition SD Card"
    + Choose 256K for sd-ext size and 0 for swap size
    + Then, when it's done partitioning the SD card back again to main CWM menu and select "mounts and storage" again and "mount USB storage"
    + Copy files from your PC to the root of the SD card: exile_kitchen.zip, com.elgubbo.a2sdGUI.apk, Dolphin_Browser_HD_8.0.1.apk, and adobe flash player 11 v11.0.1.153 armv6.apk then "unmount USB storage"
    + Back to main CWM menu and now "install zip from SD card" and "choose zip from SD card" and select exile_kitchen.zip
    + Back to CWM main and select "reboot system now"
    + It will take a long time to boot.
    + Important: Before doing anything else...
    + Open Superuser from the app drawer then tap the menu button then tap Preferences
    + Tap Su Binary v3.0.x.x and update the su binary if necessary
    + Open File Manager in the app drawer and tap com.elgubbo.a2sdGUI.apk and install the app Apps2SD then open it
    + Verify Apps are on SD! is on.
    + Tap Zipalign on boot to turn it on.
    + Tap the Dalvik tab at the top.
    + Verify Dalvik Cache to SD-EXT is on then tap Move! Phone will reboot.
    + It will take a long time to boot again but when it does you are ready to go!
    + Install the Flash Player and the Dolphin Browser from the SD card then you can delete the *.apk files from the SD card if you want to.
    + You now have lots of memory space to install whatever other apps you like from the Google Play store!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

I just put out a new rom that comes with dolphin HD and flashplayer it's posted zte score forums titled pinch-zoom for browser and rom wip just a heads up :-)

Phone
    ZTE Score

cwm recovery

Now all we need here is a solid explanation on installing cwm recovery with good links if need be. All I've came across is bad links for complete info. Already downloaded cwm recovery from a good link to the computer so I'm ready.

Customer Since
    Phone
    ZTE Sonata 4G

Does anyone know what exactly is so special about eXile-kitchen?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

http://www.cricketusers.com/f100/%5Brom%5D-%5Bwip%5Djscore-custom-rom-30819/#post60856

Cybertails this link should explain all you need to know about exile kitchen. You will have to read a bit. Its in there...

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    ZTE Score

I've tried for hours now using terminal emulator and the instructions posted, but it keeps telling me file not found.

Customer Since
    Phone
    ZTE Sonata 4G

Quote Originally Posted by quandryron View Post
    [ROM] [WIP]Jscore custom rom

Cybertails this link should explain all you need to know about exile kitchen. You will have to read a bit. Its in there...

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for that, I actually thought it was like a CM7 port or something, my bad, but again, I praise this phone wholeheartedly

Overall activity: 2.0%

how did you unbrick tha zte score

Customer Since
    Phone
    ZTE Sonata 4G

Quote Originally Posted by mikeda1andonly View Post
    how did you unbrick tha zte score
    Is it a full brick (for when it doesn't turn on at all) or semi-brick (for when it shows the ZTE logo)

Phone
    ZTE Score

ok so heres what I've done. Im already rooted with RootUnlocker. I have downloaded the CWM Recovery to my desktop. Opened MyComputer to have drag and drop access of the files, then opened the CWM zip file to the folder and other zip file. Removed the recovery.img from the folder and the flash_image from the zip file and dropped them into the phones sdcard. I've checked the phone to make sure the file was there. then opened terminal emulator typed in the commands and it tells me file not found. How am I supposed to get past that?............ UPDATE.... I've got to the point now where is says " Permission Denied" so now what.?
    Last edited by Devicive; 06-07-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTails View Post
    Is it a full brick (for when it doesn't turn on at all) or semi-brick (for when it shows the ZTE logo)
    i guess mine is semi brick how do i get it back workin

Customer Since
    Phone
    ZTE Sonata 4G

Quote Originally Posted by mikeda1andonly View Post
    i guess mine is semi brick how do i get it back workin
    Try to hard reset using these instructions: Cricket ZTE Score Hard Reset / Factory Reset and we'll go on from there

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTails View Post
    Try to hard reset using these instructions: Cricket ZTE Score Hard Reset / Factory Reset and we'll go on from there
    wen i hold those buttons down it blinks and goes to zte wat happn was i down loaded cwm and i tryd cyanogenmod flashed file dats wen tha problems startd it didnt work then i couldnt go to recovery mode

The score was given to me, but it had the pattern to unlock it. And because there were to many attempts, now i have to have the email and password to unlock the phone and i don't have any way of getting it. Please help.

Phone
    ZTE Engage V8000

Quote Originally Posted by Devicive View Post
    ok so heres what I've done. Im already rooted with RootUnlocker. I have downloaded the CWM Recovery to my desktop. Opened MyComputer to have drag and drop access of the files, then opened the CWM zip file to the folder and other zip file. Removed the recovery.img from the folder and the flash_image from the zip file and dropped them into the phones sdcard. I've checked the phone to make sure the file was there. then opened terminal emulator typed in the commands and it tells me file not found. How am I supposed to get past that?............ UPDATE.... I've got to the point now where is says " Permission Denied" so now what.?
    You have to make sure the flash_image file is in your system/bin folder on your phone. I suggest usin some kind of root browser from the play store. Once it's their you'll have to chmod/chown it with root permissions. Just make it the same perms the ones around it have. I used ghost commander file manager to do this as it's easy to chmod/chown with. Just make sure to set root mode in the settings and when on a system file long press to chown/chmod. Oh make sure to set two lines in a row as well in ghost commander settings. This is so you can see the permissions and users on the system files. Hope this can help. :-)

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information