Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Flash HTC Arrive Windows Phone 7 to Cricket (Talk, Text, Internet, MMS?)

STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC0014.jpg 
Views:	3055 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC0013.jpg 
Views:	2140 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	989

We know Cricket Users love being different. Honestly, I don't believe there are that many Windows Phone users on Cricket. If it's your cup of tea, then try it out.

Remember that we depend on support from you to keep this forum running. Our dedicated server isn't cheap. We do advertising in order to bring more knowledge to the community also. You can use the donate bar on the main forum listing OR become a supporting member (click the link located towards the top of any page, towards the right).

Intro Video

Tutorial Video

DIAG Mode

Plug your phone into your computer and go to the dialer. Dial ##MFG# (##634#). Select diag and then hit the toggle to turn it on. Look in device manager and you should see a new device. Install the HTC Diag drivers (same used in Android devices).

QPST Work (2.7 build 366)

In this section we use QPST to program the phone. This is what gets us talk, text, and Internet with the Android plan (55 dollar).

Name:	qpstsetup1.jpg 
Views:	2735 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	943

This first screen is the QPST Configuration. We use this after we have placed the phone into diagnostic mode and installed the proper drivers. Open up QPST Configuration (shortcut) and click the ports tab. Then click add port if you don't already have this port added. If you don't see it here, click the check mark. If you don't see it after that, you might want to recheck the installation of the device drivers and phone. Try unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in.

Once you have added the port, click the device. Then click Start Clients in the toolbar. Select Service Programming.

Name:	qpstsetup2.jpg 
Views:	1868 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	944

This screen should appear. Now you can click the device and click okay.

Name:	qpst1.jpg 
Views:	1910 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	945

SETTINGS TAB: This is the screen you will see. Hit Read From Phone and it will prompt you for your SPC/MSL. Enter it here. Remember that you probably can't get this using software. Some people have had luck calling Sprint for it. Others will have to find a way to purchase it online. We will try to find a trusted vendor for this.

Name:	qpst2.jpg 
Views:	2264 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	946

CDMA TAB: Here you will enter your phone number in the box that says Directory #. Enter your MIN (most likely not the same number as your phone number, but it will look similar) in the IMSI_S box.

(NOTE: If you make any modifications to the Directory # box, it will automatically change the IMSI_S box. So enter the Directory # first, followed by the IMSI_S box.)

Name:	qpst3.jpg 
Views:	3352 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	947

SYSTEM TAB: Here you can enter your home SID (OPTIONAL in my opinion). This might help the phone locate the proper towers from your area. I've never had any problems with whatever was previously set, but you can use our Official SID Thread to find the best SID for your area. Just click the SID and edit it.

Name:	qpst4.jpg 
Views:	1918 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	948

ROAM TAB: The PRL goes here. Use the Official Cricket PRL Thread to obtain the most appropriate PRL for your area, download it to your computer, hit the browse button in QPST, and locate it. Move on.

Name:	qpst5.jpg 
Views:	2284 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	949

M.IP TAB: Change the Mobile IP Behavior to Simple IP only. Just to cover all bases, I change all the profiles present over to the Cricket settings. Double click a profile and open it up.

Name:	qpst6.jpg 
Views:	2075 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	950

MOBILE IP PROFILE WINDOW: After you open it up, this is what you will see. Enter yourphonenumber@mycricket.com (of course replace that with your actual phone number) in the NAI box. Copy this so you can paste it into the Tethered NAI box and some other ones later. For the HA shared secret click the Enter text string radio box. Enter cricket. Do the same with the AAA Shared Secret. Make sure the checkbox for Rev Tunnel Preferred is checked and zero out all the IP addresses. Click "ok". Repeat this for any other profiles.

Name:	qpst7.jpg 
Views:	2930 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	951

PPP CONFIG TAB (UM Button): Paste yourphonenumber@mycricket.com in the Tethered NAI box and User ID box. Enter cricket in the password box and make sure 3 things are checked here.
    1. Req PW enc
    2. Optimized Dormant Handoff
    3. 1xEVDO->1x

Name:	qpst8.jpg 
Views:	1798 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	952

PPP CONFIG TAB (AN Button): Paste yourphonenumber@mycricket.com in the User ID box. Enter cricket in the password box and make sure the Req PW enc is checked. Now hit Write to Phone. Your phone should reboot and if you are on the Android plan and your ESN is on your account, you should have talk, text, and Internet.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 04-03-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Blech. Nice hardware.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

How do you find the MIN? Like if I bought this phone on ebay?

This is how you find the SPC for free.

By the way i am not a cricket user i use boost mobile, but if we all work together, we can get more done.

Using QXDM for any phone

type : REQUESTNVITEMREAD SEC_CODE
    and press enter

Using Workshop ony for htc Phones
    Open cdma workshop connect to the port the phone is on and read the phone.

Now click the terminal tab enter this into command box 41 74 64 77 61 6F 70 then click send!!

Now click the security tab and read SPC the current SPC should come up.

if anybody knows the HTC 16 digit password code please post it here. It is needed to help us add this to boost mobile.
    Last edited by xavx; 11-25-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by papasmurf520 View Post
    How do you find the MIN? Like if I bought this phone on ebay?
    The MIN is something on your account. If you need it, you can call Cricket. If you're a supporting member, you just place a request for it through us.

Quote Originally Posted by xavx View Post
    This is how you find the SPC for free.

By the way i am not a cricket user i use boost mobile, but if we all work together, we can get more done.

Using QXDM for any phone

type : REQUESTNVITEMREAD SEC_CODE
    and press enter

Using Workshop ony for htc Phones
    Open cdma workshop connect to the port the phone is on and read the phone.

Now click the terminal tab enter this into command box 41 74 64 77 61 6F 70 then click send!!

Now click the security tab and read SPC the current SPC should come up.

if anybody knows the HTC 16 digit password code please post it here. It is needed to help us add this to boost mobile.
    This is really helpful. I'll have to try it out. We were also thinking about making a Boost forum.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Any luck with MMS on this phone?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by titan View Post
    Any luck with MMS on this phone?
    Unfortunately not. I just don't see any methods spoken of on the Internet. Tried to search for 3rd party mms apps but didn't see anything. Anyways current status is the phone has the Mango update, and I'm about to sell it on fleabay.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post

This is really helpful. I'll have to try it out. We were also thinking about making a Boost forum.

Hello, has anyone had luck with this phone on boost mobile? Was a boost forum made? I am interested in contributing.

hello guys, i have a few questions...
    I have the htc arrive for sprint and i want to flash to cricket.
    To follow the above guide i need to have a current cricket account but i dont have one..
    Do i need to buy a phone from cricket in order to flash? If so can i just buy the cheapest phone they have or does it have to be a smartphone? Also i dont get what the esn changing is.. is it esn swapping? So its like just changing the current active phone to the arrive? Do i need to buy that too? couldnt i just change it through the cricket site?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It really depends on a few factors. What's your zip code? It might be better to just chat with me on the "live chat" below.

My zipcode is 92056.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I'd try visiting an authorized dealer. They should be able to provide you with an account without purchasing a phone. Just let them know you're going to flash it yourself and need the account info to put on it. I've convinced a corporate store or two to let me do it as well. I think they're trying to make sure that you don't go back and tell them that their service doesn't work because you incorrectly flashed it...

authorized dealer? do you mean an actual cricket store, or flashing store?
    do you think i can call and get an account instead of going to the store? or will i only get new account info if i visit the store? thanks for the info btw

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I did mean an actual Cricket store. I knew one guy who was able to start a new account on a phone I was flashing for him by calling, but I think that's rare that they will let you. We might need someone else to chime in about that.

Good luck, and you're welcome.

thank you once again for the info, if i were rich i'd donate money. You guys are great!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information