Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Phone Whore(;
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Fisheye, Macro, Wide Angle and Telephoto Phone Lenses Review - From PhotoJoJo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photojojolens1.jpg 
Views:	793 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	2809

SOURCE:
    LifeWithoutShutters

I'm so excited that I finally got my lenses from PhotoJoJo! As you can see in the picture, I bought 3 lenses; Fisheye, Macro, Wide Angle, and Telephoto. (Wide Angle and Macro are screwed together so technically it's one lens)

When I first ordered the lenses, I was nervous about how quick they would get here. Thankfully, PhotoJoJo swept all worries from my mind. That same day I got the tracking number and a link that shows where my package is and the estimated delivery time. I ordered them on Monday and it said it would be Thursday by time I received the lenses. When I went to my mailbox on Wednesday and saw that my package had came a day early, I was super excited. I had to try them out RIGHT THEN. So I went home and installed all parts necessary. (I will post installation instructions later on)

Coming right out of the packaging I could tell the lenses were sturdy. They didn't feel cheap at all. Considering this was my first time purchasing from PhotoJoJo, I was kind of nervous about the quality of their products although they had great reviews.

In one lens package, you get the magnetic tether, which also serves as the back lens cover, the lens cap, the lens, and a package of magnetic rings with adhesive on the back.

I was worried about the magnetic rings around the eye of my camera for the simple fact I don't like naked phones. I HAVE to have a case on my phone. Thankfully I have about 5-6 iPhone Cases and one just so happened to work with it. So if you have a thick case on your phone, the lenses won't work. You will want a case that is open and somewhat thin. I use a Speck case for mine.

Name:	photojojolens2.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	2810

Another thing to note about the magnetic ring, this can fall off if you are not careful. I realized that quickly. After the ring was on my phone and I put the lens on it and I pulled the lens off, the ring came with it. The magnet is so strong that the adhesive wouldn't stay. In order to make it stay, slide the lens on the ring and slide the lens off. A demo of this will be in the installation instructions.

As soon as I installed the lens I took them out for a spin. I knew of one great place in Round Rock, Texas so I decided to go there. I have previously taken pics there, but I really wanted to test out the lens.

When I got there it was raining so the pictures came out semi dark. I edited some of the photos with Photo Editor by Aviary to lighten up the scenery.

Telephoto:

The telephoto lens have a 2x zoom which is really powerful. I didn't take before and after photos, I should have but it slipped my mind. Here are some samples.

Name:	telephoto bridge.JPG 
Views:	942 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	2811

Name:	photo (5).JPG 
Views:	936 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	2812

Fisheye:

The fisheye lens is by far my favorite. I have always found fisheye photos fascinating and I have wanted a fisheye lens for the longest. It gives you a 180 degree angle with fun edges. Almost as if you were looking into a snow globe.

Name:	fisheye waterfall.JPG 
Views:	1587 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	2813

Name:	photo (4).JPG 
Views:	1031 
Size:	743.7 KB 
ID:	2814

Macro/Wide Angle:

I absolutely love the macro lens! I didn't even realize I had Macro until today. (Blonde moment?) Macro allows you to take a picture up close, like REALLY close without losing focus. I took a picture of Terry the Pterodactyl, and it's pretty darn awesome if I say so myself. The wide angle lens allows you to have more in the shot than it would without the lens. I used it at the Capital 360 bridge here in Austin.

Name:	photo (7).JPG 
Views:	551 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	2815

Name:	macro leaf edit.JPG 
Views:	803 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	2816

Specs As Shown On PhotoJoJo:

- Detachable magnetic ring sticks with adhesive to your phone
    - Lens attaches to phone via magnetic ring
    - "Standard Mount" is compatible with all phones except iPhone 4/4S
    - "iPhone 4/4S Mount" sticks securely to glass and is cut to keep flash exposed
    - Compatible with any camera phone
    - Powerful macro lens focuses between 10-23mm from your subject
    - Telephoto lens doubles your camera's zoom (subjects are 2x closer)
    - Wide angle lens 0.67x wide
    - Fish-eye lens 180 degree angle (0.28x)
    - Lenses range between 15.8mm-25mm diameter x 6.5mm-15mm length
    - Back and front lens covers to prevent scratching of glass

Cons:

1. The magnetic ring around the eye of the camera will come off if not removed properly.
    2. With the lenses on the phone and the flash on, it will leave a light on your picture. It will ruin the picture.
    3. The lens cap is sort of tough to remove from the lens. If not help properly when removing, the lens will drop and you will have to fumble around to catch it.
    4. When using the telephoto lens, straight edges will bend. Take a look at the bridge picture under the telephoto group. The bridge is straight across and when taken with the lens, it looks as if it curves.

On another note, I highly recommend these lenses if you are into phoneography. Whether you are an iPhone user or an Android user, these lenses will fit either. They come in handy when you need to snap a quick shot and you don't want to pull out the DSLR.

If you want to take a look at the lenses on PhotoJoJo I have put the link below.

Fisheye, Macro, Wide Angle and Telephoto Phone Lenses

Be sure to stop by and tell us how you are liking the lenses and post your photos!! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! (:

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 06-26-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Those look pretty cool. One thing missing from your article would be pricing.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Those look pretty cool. One thing missing from your article would be pricing.
    I knew I was forgetting something. I was in such a rush trying to remember what all I should write.

All three lenses are $49.99 and with shipping it came out to be $54.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Holy secret identity Batman!! Thanks Keri
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Okay so I'm actually kind of mad about something with these lenses. I can't put a stupid case on my phone with the lenses. D:

If I did put the ring on my phone and I wanted to switch cases, I would have to remove the ring. Which would mess up the adhesive.

It upsets me because now I have to use my other Speck case which got super dirty when I was visiting my grandma up in Lubbock, to even use my lenses. Even then, when I was taking pics of a bonfire, the ring fell off along with my lenses.

If it had a better way of clipping the lens on the device, I would definitely have no problems with the lenses.

Will this work with the huawei mercury?

Thread Information