Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

View Poll Results: Move ZTE Chorus forum from Cricket Devices - Other to "Cricket Devices - Android OS"

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

How's the seen?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Hi mluner and everyone else...

Im a newb when it comes to this...I've got the Chorus, and I successfully rooted it on my XP machine Still stuck with the ZTEMT driver issue and can't get that to work. Still trying one other option on that front, although I do have Android Phone listedin my Device Manager.

I've installed Recovery Manager, and I want to do the flash sequence that mluner provided that included the full Android Market. Can anyone help a beginner? Thank you. I have no idea how to flash those two zip files.

Quote Originally Posted by archangelllc View Post
    Hi mluner and everyone else...

Im a newb when it comes to this...I've got the Chorus, and I successfully rooted it on my XP machine Still stuck with the ZTEMT driver issue and can't get that to work. Still trying one other option on that front, although I do have Android Phone listedin my Device Manager.

I've installed Recovery Manager, and I want to do the flash sequence that mluner provided that included the full Android Market. Can anyone help a beginner? Thank you. I have no idea how to flash those two zip files.
    You put both files on your sd card then restart phone into recovery menu. Go to the option that says install zip from sdcard. then you find the zip that has the rom and install it, do the same for the market.

mluner, I managed to flash the rom, which is cool, but how do i get that really nice custom lock screen? i did everything right I think.

-thanks

Overall activity: 2.0%

Multiupload refuses to work for me. Could you possibly reupload the fastboot+recovery and the drivers on media fire? Also, once I get a hold of those, how do I flash the clockwork onto it? I've rooted my chorus, and installed the custom recovery you made.

Edit: I did what Cricket_User_556 said, and now my phone won't boot passed the "Muve Music" splash screen, it just sits there. And I can't download the recovery rom because multiupload doesn't work. Help PLEASE.
    Last edited by Cyanide117; 02-12-2012 at 11:41 PM.

As multiupload not working for me and other people i have reuploaded files to Mediafire. Look at first post.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

thanks again mluner! glad to see so much interest in this device, to me it's very novel to have 'almost an android' this is also the only capacitive touch screen offered by cricket since the samsung suede

Mluner, can you upload the stock rom also. I need it for experimenting.

Overall activity: 13.0%

first thing, thanks for the great mod. I was wondering about the firmware.. its android 2.3.4 and see people have 2.3.7.. is there a way to update?

Quote Originally Posted by cricket_user_556 View Post
    Couldn't install because signature isn't correct. Can you please check your file.
    Install clockworkmod first, and THEN flash the file, don't flash it with the default recovery. to do this, download clockworkmod 5 for the zte blade. Then, move it over to your home directory as "clockworkmod.zip." DOwnload luner's mod, and mv it to /sdcard/update/update.zip

Turn your phone off. then hold the power and muve music key. It will now be stuck in fastboot mode. Make sure you have adb installed, or the android-sdk.

In the terminal run "fastboot flash /path/to/zip/clockworkmod.zip". give it about 3 minutes. Then do it, "fastboot reboot".

Now press POwer+volume up+Muve Key and it should turn up in clockwork mod. Navigate to "apply update from zip", select "/sdcard/update/update/zip". NOw navigate back and hit "wipe dalvik cache" then "Reboot"

Thanks for everything,
    I am having an issue though.

flashed using fastboot bat file(while in fastboot screen), went into clockworkmod, wipe factory/reset, install your custom rom, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, fix permission. This is what I usually do for any android device. reboot. Now phone shows muve music from cricket screen, and it keeps resetting and showing same screen. It doesnt get past this boot screen. Any tips?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Try without fix permissions. Wipe Data/Cache only.

First off I am eternally greatful for all your hard work but I am wondering if it would be possible to enable the wifi settings as well as the hotspot settings. If it can be done.

Overall activity: 13.0%

the phone doesn't have a wifi built in. if some one hacks it let me know that would be way rad to have wifi. how is your battery life?.. mine are draining like crazy and boot up is way slow. I can't even overclock with setcpu to make the phone faster.. its a great phone now. better then what it was, but almost not worth it with all the little things that needs done. I hope we get to see some more roms or some other cooler stuff along the way. rom manager doesn't even have custom kernel to choose from. but I'm still grateful then what it was.

No hack however you can use USB tether but cricket is monitoring the phones. I can only use it for a few minutes if I'm lucky. Then a message pops up saying that my device doesn't support hotspot hookups. Does anyone know a way to fly under the radar?

Quote Originally Posted by alexn View Post
    the phone doesn't have a wifi built in. if some one hacks it let me know that would be way rad to have wifi. how is your battery life?.. mine are draining like crazy and boot up is way slow. I can't even overclock with setcpu to make the phone faster.. its a great phone now. better then what it was, but almost not worth it with all the little things that needs done. I hope we get to see some more roms or some other cooler stuff along the way. rom manager doesn't even have custom kernel to choose from. but I'm still grateful then what it was.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information